Sub-4 Marathon Group

August 2013 (Read 41 times)

Rusk Runner

Ahhh, time to welcome back the heat.  Summer aint over yet.

12.21 miles @ 9:05 avg pace.  HR avg at max recovery rate (151).  Wanted to take it easy to recover for next weekend and had a well managed run. 9:34, 26, 26, 23,25, 15, 04, 07, 8:59, 52, 21,13.  The last 2 miles uphill felt great with the increased pace.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

11 miles finished at 8:08 avg with last 3 at 7:45 avg. I swear the wind was blowing from all directions and during my entire run I could smell soy sauce and bacon. Was a craving some salt maybe?

Play the Game Hard!

DetroitTigerFan

cbus - hope you get better soon - do you have to wear a cast or boot for that ?

indy - I hear you on the heat - seems like it came back for another week - I wonder how Sept will pan out. Good luck with the mini-taper this week

josh - that's funny - I've craved pizza in past years, but this year I only had one run like that and I was craving a Pepsi

me - ran recovery today 7 miles but forgot to do the strides - I keep forgetting !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Smashy!!!

DTF, yes. I'm currently in a boot. Which I think is good because the doc made it sound like crutches were for worse cases.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

11 miles finished at 8:08 avg with last 3 at 7:45 avg. I swear the wind was blowing from all directions and during my entire run I could smell soy sauce and bacon. Was a craving some salt maybe?

I crave pickles a lot in the summer.  Definitely attribute that to needing more salt.  Lately been craving oats and eggs. Not sure what this means but I try to listen to the cravings! Smile

Rusk Runner

5 easy @ 8:12 avg pace.  Hectic life last couple of days.  Will check in again later.

Just Run!!!

mdawg87

Good morning!  10 TM miles with 6x1 mile repeats and 400 recoveries done.  Strength training tonight.  Had a little ART on a slightly sore right quad last night at my sports doc.  It feels much better today and didn't inhibit my run this morning.  I had a "tune up" appointment scheduled to make sure nothing was going to jump up and bite me.  Looks like I picked the right day to make it.  I'll ice it again tonight.  With the SRD tomorrow, it should be good as new on Thursday.

Anyone heard from RVD lately?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Anyone heard from RVD lately?

I'm still here.  Did a slight bad thing to my left calf muscle last Friday.  I still feel it when I walk, so probably won't try anything until Thursday at best, and then it will probably just be 3 on the treadmill to see if I feel anything.

Don't know what happened.  Last week was my lowest mileage week of the year because of weather missteps, so perhaps I wasn't as stretched out/limber as I should have been.  I started picking up the pace after a quarter mile and at about 1 mile I felt a twinge behind my left knee.  It felt like a pinched nerve.  I kept running but it didn't go away, and at 1.2 miles I felt the sharp pain in my calf.  So I stopped and walked the 1.2 miles back to my car.  Just playing it by ear.

Rusk Runner

RVD - Hopefully it is nothing and you are back at it.

Just Run!!!

I wasn't satisfied with the Chiro appt last week so I booked a "running" orthoped for next Wednesday. My week off of running has NOT been my favorite experience. Stay tuned for better news soon, hopefully

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Busy week at work!  Been running and running and working.  Nothing much.  Will try to post more tomorrow.  Have a great night!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hope you're on the mend soon.

I'm still here.  Did a slight bad thing to my left calf muscle last Friday.  I still feel it when I walk, so probably won't try anything until Thursday at best, and then it will probably just be 3 on the treadmill to see if I feel anything.

Don't know what happened.  Last week was my lowest mileage week of the year because of weather missteps, so perhaps I wasn't as stretched out/limber as I should have been.  I started picking up the pace after a quarter mile and at about 1 mile I felt a twinge behind my left knee.  It felt like a pinched nerve.  I kept running but it didn't go away, and at 1.2 miles I felt the sharp pain in my calf.  So I stopped and walked the 1.2 miles back to my car.  Just playing it by ear.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

mdawg87

Good morning!  SRD for me.  Last quality workout tomorrow!  Busy day for me.  Big project due at work.  Then, have to pack for a Labor Day beach trip when I get home.  DH and I are leaving tomorrow and coming back Monday.  Looking forward to some easy runs on the coast.

RVD:  Ugh...sorry to hear that.  Hope you are on the mend soon.  Is it still painful?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

RVD:  Ugh...sorry to hear that.  Hope you are on the mend soon.  Is it still painful?

I still feel it.  Seems I shouldn't at this point, so maybe it was worse than I thought.  I usually give myself a few days after I don't feel it any more before I start running.  So, I'll be out for at a least a few more days.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles for me tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page