Sub-4 Marathon Group

August 2013 (Read 41 times)

DetroitTigerFan

Indy - nice race !!! and PR and 1st 49 yr old - lol too Smile  what was your procedure for checking pace - those are nice and consistent !  did you have to worry about traffic the first few miles?

me - I woke up today after a long sleep pondering my issues this past week. I think I may be slightly sick - allergy related possibly - watery mouth, sinus drainage, slight fever, misc aches. Nothing serious, but it may have explain the dehydration and thus, nausea yesterday.  I have a feeling that maybe these issues have been taking up heart rate. The heart rate ran yesterday during my 13 mile debacle at 10:00 was equal to my runs the previous week at 9:15 - go figure - something must be up.  This next weekend I have my first tune up and I hope whatever I have right now goes away quickly so I can focus on performance. Time to drink some more water

time to start the September thread ! Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

You probably ran too fast for the humid conditions.  I adjust when humidity is that high.

Hi shadow !

All - my scheduled 20 miler today was a disaster, much like all my runs this week. I'm not sure if i'm possibly sick or maybe a little over-trained right now.  I have been pushing paces these past few weeks.  Anyway, out of the 20 scheduled today, I was forced to call it a day after 16 miles after being nauseous aroundmile 13 and doing the run/walk thing to the 16 mile starting point. It wasn't hot this morning, but storms rolled through leaving 90% humidity.  As I mentioned before the heat/dew point caught me by surprise this week.  However at this point, I don't know what my issue is - I've done these 20 milers before with 0 issues and thought I was prepared. All I know is that i'm not hitting my paces this week averaging around 10:00 min/miles on all my workouts, including the first 8 miles today.  Overall I'm tired and hope that being run down isn't causing any issues. I just hope my will isn't giving up - disappointed again in my effort today and was almost in tears as I was walking and runners were passing me. Even if I wasn't feeling well, I should have at least been able to get 16 done without walking.  Time to rest this weekend and go back to the drawing board... Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

indi, nice job on the race!

Morning!  I have 9 miles tonight.  My 20 with the last 10 @ MP+10% went really well, faster than I was supposed to but I felt great.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page