Sub-4 Marathon Group

August 2013 (Read 41 times)

mdawg87

Good morning!  11 miles with 9 at GMP.  GMP miles were 8:17, 8:10, 8:13, 8:22, 8:23, 8:19, 8:32, 8:34, and 8:26.  I'm really struggling to keep these GMP runs slow enough.  I had to force myself to slow down in the last few miles. I know I need get that pace dialed in.  Looks like I'll be starting with the 3:45 pace group to keep myself in check.

I agree with Indy.  This forum has really slowed down since we started the FB group.  However, I too am in it for the long haul!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

5 recovery miles @ 9:26 pace.  Friggin humid as hell at 3:30 AM.  Went shirtless and still walked through the front door looking like I just got out of the pool.

Weather permitting I am going to get some cycling done tomorrow.  Planning on a total of 15 to 17 miles running this weekend.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Good morning!  11 miles with 9 at GMP.  GMP miles were 8:17, 8:10, 8:13, 8:22, 8:23, 8:19, 8:32, 8:34, and 8:26.  I'm really struggling to keep these GMP runs slow enough.  I had to force myself to slow down in the last few miles. I know I need get that pace dialed in.  Looks like I'll be starting with the 3:45 pace group to keep myself in check.

I agree with Indy.  This forum has really slowed down since we started the FB group.  However, I too am in it for the long haul!

that's a fast one! Nice.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 13 miles this morning before working from home.  My pace was really good, especially in the heat and humidity we had at 6am.  Last two at MP or slightly faster, without noticing, so that was also good.

Great job on your runs, everybody!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DetroitTigerFan

thanks to all of you sticking around here and/or checking in ! I need your support these next few months

mdawg - wow - those are fast MP miles. I hope you crush your race times

indy and RVD - thanks for the info on tangents - I need to consider this and maybe relook at my race map to be smarter in my running

Me - ever have one of those runs you're simply glad to be alive at the end? lol - due to a weekend conflict, I had to do my long run after work tonight which I would never do. I mean ....I normally want to replicate race day - early morning, cold, rested,etc... So today I did Pfitz' 16 with 12 at MP. I was supposed to do these next week but had to flip weeks since I will barely run this weekend.  So tonight after work I somehow did 4WU (9:28) + 12MP (8:57). My MP goal for this time of year is 8:58.  My course was mostly exposed in sun and the last 3 miles were very very mentally tough. I wanted to walk so bad, but kept saying - 1 more mile, breathe.....  I also ran out of fluids with 2 to go. Luckily I had plenty in the car - I should have swaped out my bottles at the half way but didn't want to interfere with my MP segment. My lungs felt heavy near the last few miles much like mile 23 in the real race. Oh well, I guess i'm still 1/3rd through training. No one said this would be easy but i'm glad to be here and in one piece with this run behind me.

oh yeah - whatever you do - never assume a slurpee will help you recover after a 16 mile run - LOL - I thought the ice would help cool me, but the sweetness of the syrup caught me way off guard - luckily I had water with me. I had to use the water each time I took a slurpee sip

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

DTF - that sounds like a mental battle. Just view it as mental ammo for your FM. Slurpee after a long run sounds brutal. You went from pouring down rain to hot LR. Gatorade is even close to being to sweet for my taste. Pickle juice however, rocks!

DTF, I saw your earlier post about tonight's run and had wondered how it went for you.  Nice work getting it done!

Today was a rest day for me.  Tomorrow, I've got an LT workout, 10 miles with 6 at 15k-HM pace.  Bring it on, I am ready!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Rusk Runner

Way to stick it out DTF.  Those are the runs that will mean so very much to you on race day.  If you have a moment in your race, you can remember those tough days of training that you finished and realize that the pain is only temporary.

Nice run Docket and Mdawg.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

nachosgrande

nice to see everyone still plugging along.  can you directme to the facebook group?

my pt's got me to a place where i can do some running again and i even managed to work myself back up to 30 miles this past week.  did my longest run yet last night.  9 miles @ 8:35/mi.

nachosgrande

oh...and mdawg, so happy to see that youre over the injury issues and back running...and fast too!

mdawg87

Good morning!  Strength training, 5 easy TM miles, and stretching at the gym.  As of Sunday, I am 4 weeks out from the Lehigh Valley marathon.  Is it too early to start weather stalking?

DTF:  Oh yeah...I had one of those last summer.  It was a schedule shuffle due to vacation travel.  I had an 18 mile LR on Sunday and then ran a 20 mile LR on Tuesday...in August...in Atlanta...heat, hills, and humidity.  I didn't think I was going to make it.  I was really shuffling more than running the last two miles.  Don't have a desire to repeat that again.

Nachos:  Thanks and glad to see you are running again.  That's great news!  See you on Facebook!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

I have a 5k tomorrow so just did an easy 3 on the treadmill this morning to keep the legs limber.  I'll do the usual 18 mile long run on Sunday morning but this time with the last 4 miles at MP.

For all of you hanging around in the facebook place, how many pictures of plates of food have been posted so far?

I have a 5k tomorrow so just did an easy 3 on the treadmill this morning to keep the legs limber.  I'll do the usual 18 mile long run on Sunday morning but this time with the last 4 miles at MP.

For all of you hanging around in the facebook place, how many pictures of plates of food have been posted so far?

good luck tomorrow. Just donut pictures : )

Docket_Rocket

If you have not done it already, click here and ask to be added:

Link

nice to see everyone still plugging along.  can you directme to the facebook group?

my pt's got me to a place where i can do some running again and i even managed to work myself back up to 30 miles this past week.  did my longest run yet last night.  9 miles @ 8:35/mi.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me.

And yum, donuts.

Good luck, RVD!

DTF, some runs are like that.  Chin up.

Damaris

Fundraising Page