Sub-4 Marathon Group

August 2013 (Read 41 times)

Rusk Runner

21 miles on the bike @18mph and about 1500ft ascent.  These are the easy rides?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

21 miles on the bike @18mph and about 1500ft ascent.  These are the easy rides?

18 mph is moving pretty fast on a road bike. Especially uphill.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

LOL.  I wish I could move that fast up the hills.  There is one hill in particular that always gets me down to 9 mph at the peak.  Generally I avg about 20 to 25 in the flats, and I get up to about 35 on the downhill sides of the hills.  I am in the cycling thing for the fitness part of it all but I gotta say, it sure is fun.  I did learn however that HR zones are totally different on the bike than they are on foot.

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

Cycling is such a different animal because there's such a huge difference in equipment.  I have a pretty nice carbon fiber bike and 19 mph on the flat with no wind i'm barely at 140 bpm.  My steel bike I'd be at 170 bpm.

Play the Game Hard!

Rusk Runner

Kind of ended up doing a fitness test today just to see what all I have lost.  Of course, humidity was a factor today, but what the hell.

1 mile w/u @7:53,  1 mile @ 6:57, 1 mile rest @ 7:50, 1 mile @ 7:16, 1 mile c/d @ 8:34.

I have certainly lost some fitness at speed and will have to work on this pretty hard over the next couple of months.  Training schedule starts Monday, and I guess I will run my first intervals on Wednesday at about 6:40 pace or somewhere in that range.  Hopefully that will get faster.

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  I did 20 today.  Super steamy since 5am but whatever. Done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DetroitTigerFan

Docket - nice 20 ! I have my first 20 miler next weekend - reaching the 1/2 way point in my training plan....

Indy - nice mile splits.  Hope things are feeling better for you.  I did a speed work segment before my training started and that seemed to help for my short races earlier. My training plan is about to start VO2 max again so i'll see if my speedwork carried forward,etc

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

DTF - When you get to the VO2 workouts, make sure you run them at a pace that you are still in a relaxed state.  If you are clenching your fists and doing anything that resembles how you would run at a sprint, you need to relax.  Have fun.  The V02 workout portion of a Pfitz training program makes you realize fitness gains.

Docket - Super job on the 20!

Josh - I wish I could afford a nice carbon but, it aint in the cards right now.  My bike is triple butted aluminum and weighs in at less than 19 lbs however, and I have a decent set of lightweight wheels on it.

Just Run!!!

Rusk Runner

11.3 miles @ 9:18 avg pace.  Hills and Humidity the name of todays run.  Very comfortable run at 5 bpm above recovery HR.

Back in the Saddle!

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I mean, afternoon!  6 miles early this morning with a fellow RWOL forumite from the MCM group.  Very nice run.

Thanks for the comments.  This was a very strong 20 and I am very happy with how it felt.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good afternoon, donuts!

I got my first 20 mile run of this cycle in this morning.  It was slow, but I just realized that this new 20 mile route I have been running this training cycle has over 2300ft of elevation change.  The hilly marathon I am training for - Mount Desert Island - has an elevation change of 1037ft.  So I am less discouraged by my slow pace.  I hit an all time weekly mileage high of 54 miles too!  (Last year's cycle, I maxed at 53.x.)

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Paula - Nice run!

Indiana - Nice ride

Docket - One of my best friends is from a forum and is also now on RWOL - I was at her wedding this weekend - its a small world, really.

Me - Just got back on the red-eye today- was going to head out for a run, but then I fell asleep.  So, I'm going to start my Week 7 of Pfitz a day early, which makes it easier to accomodate my 20 miler on Sunday. . . and account for any runs where work might get in the way or mess up my week.  It's the 55 mile week.  I feel bad about missing today's run, but I learned my lesson making up runs.  Luckily it was only 14, not 20 and I have an 11 and 12 miler this week, so maybe I'll add 2 to the 12 to make the 14 happen.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Rusk Runner

Sprinkles - that was a run.

21 miles cycling, done this morning. 18.6 mph, 82 rpm, HR @ low end of recovery rate. First training run of HM training cycle tomorrow.

Just Run!!!

mdawg87

7 easy TM miles, abs, and stretching at the gym this morning.  This is my "peak week" on the Hanson plan.  57 miles total.  Although that is only one more mile than I ran two weeks ago.  This training cycle has really flown by.  Just trying to stay healthy these last few weeks.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

You are doing great, mdawg.  Keep up the good work.

Just Run!!!