Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Rusk Runner

DTF - Yes to how I train but let me add that I pay particular attention to HR when it comes to recovery runs.  I really try to keep my HR in my recovery range so I can keep myself positive that I am not over exerting myself on recovery days.  Of course, I live in a hilly area and I sometimes have short moments over, but for the most part I feel that making sure you stay in the recovery zone on recovery days is pretty important.

Ami - COOL!

Me - Ran tonight with DW so I would keep it slowed down to her paces.  Ran 3.48 miles with an average pace or 11:08 ( ran small spurts and a final .48 miles at 9:30 pace).  It was rather amusing to me as just about any twitch or niggle in my calf would have me on edge.  Anyway, there were no problems with the run and I will probably run a very slow 3 tomorrow before an easy bike ride.  I am cautiously happy to have gone for a run.  I am going to keep it slow and easy, let the therapists do their work and hopefully we will see some consistant mileage for July.

I have decided to ride the bike race on Thursday morning.  I will do it for fun as I was planning to get a 20 or so mile ride done anyway.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Ami - Great news with the insanity and run !  Sounds like you're back in a groove with running and overcoming your injury

DTF - I'm not using HR in my Pfitz training - just a garmin.  I just know that dew point has an impact on perceived rate of exertion/ the heat can drive your heart rate up, so when I have difficulty hitting paces that are typically easy for me, my assumption is that my HR is likely higher than usual at that pace

CMB - it sounds like you're being really smart with the training- IT bands are a pain in the butt.

Indiana- is your wife a new runner? My DH won't run even though he's a talented sprinter.  I need to spread the running virus.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Ami - celebrate with a bowl of ice cream instead of a donut. Cool

Indi - that's great. Slow is the key.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

MA runner girl

Ami & Indi - Glad you both had pain free runs! Here's hoping you are out of the injury woods.

Cmb - I hope the XT and ST help with the IT band.

DH was kind enough to clean up the kitchen after dinner and hang out with C while I ran 5 miles in the dark tonight. I love night running, it's so peaceful. It might just be how I get my miles in on work days. I went without my garmin too and just ran what felt good. Finished just under 50 mins. It's been so humid here lately that I have been running on the TM. It was nice to get outside, even though it was still 80* with 90% humidity, and dew point of 72*. At 9pm. Blech.

My baby is 3 months old today!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

onemile

Me - Ran tonight with DW so I would keep it slowed down to her paces.  Ran 3.48 miles with an average pace or 11:08 ( ran small spurts and a final .48 miles at 9:30 pace).  It was rather amusing to me as just about any twitch or niggle in my calf would have me on edge.  Anyway, there were no problems with the run and I will probably run a very slow 3 tomorrow before an easy bike ride.  I am cautiously happy to have gone for a run.  I am going to keep it slow and easy, let the therapists do their work and hopefully we will see some consistant mileage for July.

I have decided to ride the bike race on Thursday morning.  I will do it for fun as I was planning to get a 20 or so mile ride done anyway.

Yay!  I am cautiously happy for you! Smile

Smashy!!!

Ami and Indi, that's great news!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  5 easy miles tonight.

indi, good news!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

mdawg87

Good morning!  SRD for me today.  Keeping my fingers crossed I won't be doing my 10 w/8 at MP in a deluge tomorrow.  Supposed to rain steadily starting tonight.  At least I can put it off until later in the day if necessary...unlike those poor Peachtree Road Race participants.  I fear that's going to be a sloppy mess tomorrow morning.

AmiK and Indy:  GREAT news!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

SRD for me today. Tomorrow will be a MP run.

Happy running everyone!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

bagopux

DTF - Yes to how I train but let me add that I pay particular attention to HR when it comes to recovery runs.  I really try to keep my HR in my recovery range so I can keep myself positive that I am not over exerting myself on recovery days.  Of course, I live in a hilly area and I sometimes have short moments over, but for the most part I feel that making sure you stay in the recovery zone on recovery days is pretty important.

Ditto on that. HR is really good for keeping recovery and easy runs at the correct effort.  Very important.

Docket_Rocket

Ditto (Dithree?).  Which is why it was so unlike me to say screw the HR and ran without paying attention yesterday.  I am still coughing today, so we can all say I told you so....

Ditto on that. HR is really good for keeping recovery and easy runs at the correct effort.  Very important.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

SRD here too - the Hansons Weds club Cool

I ran 12 last night. It was too nice out not to.

Rusk Runner

Docket - Get better.

Got a soft, slow, and easy 4.11 miles done this morning.  Still nervous, but I didnt have any problems (celebrate).  Plan to do some very easy cycling tonight, hard cycling tomorrow, and then get in a short and easy run on Friday.  I just cant make up my mind if I should run before or after my therapy session.

Watching the Tour de France pretty much every day.  These guys are freaking amazing.  You just have to wonder which ones arent doping.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Morning.  SRD for me today, too.  Might try to do some core work this evening if I feel like it, but that is still up in the air.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

onemile, nice 12.

indi, yay for another good run.

Flinders, enjou your rest day!

Damaris

Fundraising Page