Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles later.  Another night of no sleep, this time due to Trixie throwing up during the night.

mdawg, nice workouts.

RVD, feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rest or XT day for me today.  Got a nice easy 12 miler in yesterday morning at 10:03 average pace.  The weather was just perfect, overcast and mid 50s.

RVD, feel better.

mdawg - I mix 2T flax seed meal, 2T wheat germ, and 3/8 cup of egg whites into my oatmeal.  Yep, egg whites.  Sounds gross, but like you said, don't knock it til you try it.  I got the idea from Tosca Reno's clean eating book series.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

mdawg87

Rest or XT day for me today.  Got a nice easy 12 miler in yesterday morning at 10:03 average pace.  The weather was just perfect, overcast and mid 50s.

RVD, feel better.

mdawg - I mix 2T flax seed meal, 2T wheat germ, and 3/8 cup of egg whites into my oatmeal.  Yep, egg whites.  Sounds gross, but like you said, don't knock it til you try it.  I got the idea from Tosca Reno's clean eating book series.

I won't knock it!  I've done something similar.  I replace the milk I normally use with egg whites and add a tiny amount of Splenda.  Delicious!  It's like having oatmeal pancakes.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

White Lightning

7.6 miles finished with speedwork

4 x (200m R w/ 200m r) +

2 x (400m R w/ 400m r) +

1 x (800m R w/ 800m r) +

2 x (400m R w/ 400m r) +

4 x (200m R w/ 200m r).

Interval's avg was 5:58, fastest at 5:40 and slowest at 6:13.  Weather couldn't have been more perfect.

Play the Game Hard!

Wow, nice intervals, Joshlynn!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Rusk Runner

Josh aka rocketman!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

DetroitTigerFan

Did my 10 Lactate Threshold run tonight = 4 warm up + 5 at 8:18 + 1 cool down.  I'm glad it was nice out - a few weeks ago I could only muster 8:44 for the fast miles.. My paces say i'm on target for another 4hr attempt, although I don't feel like I've improved for some reason from last year. Only 1/3rd done with training.

Question - Pfitz has a workout this Friday - it says 7 miles with 8 x 100 strides p.m. Does anyone know what the pm means? does that mean run them in evening ? or maybe a typo? thanks !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

bagopux

Did my 10 Lactate Threshold run tonight = 4 warm up + 5 at 8:18 + 1 cool down.  I'm glad it was nice out - a few weeks ago I could only muster 8:44 for the fast miles.. My paces say i'm on target for another 4hr attempt, although I don't feel like I've improved for some reason from last year. Only 1/3rd done with training.

Question - Pfitz has a workout this Friday - it says 7 miles with 8 x 100 strides p.m. Does anyone know what the pm means? does that mean run them in evening ? or maybe a typo? thanks !

Weird.  Its not a typo unless they made the same typo in other plans too.  Hmmm....p.m......particularly moderate?.....potentially mundane?....perpetually moving?....positively maddening?

I remember someone asking that question some time ago in another thread.  It was agreed that it was an oversight with cutting and pasting from one of their other plans that had a double that day, and they just inadvertently missed it.   Ignore.  Or you could make sure to do the run after noon just to be safe.  Smile

PRs:

Docket_Rocket

Usually, it means the miles are on the PM but it usually has a morning workout too.  Like 10 with 6am/4pm.  Maybe it is a typo in that particular workout.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Good Morning Donuts!

DTF - I dont know, but you have me wanting to look at the book again.

Did a slow/short tempo today to try and ease some faster running into my routine.   5 miles 7:54 avg.  Splits were, 8:19 w/u , 7:52, 7:33, 7:20, and 8:27 c/d.  I need to get my tempo pace to about 7:00 - 7:10, but I need to be sure my post injury leg can deal with it.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

I asked that question once a couple of years ago and the conclusion reached was that it was a typo.

mdawg87

Good morning!  10 TM miles total including 3x2 miles with 800 recoveries.  SRD tomorrow.  Ready for it, but still feeling good...except for the summer cold/sinus that I have come down with...sneezing, runny nose, etc.  WTH???  I don't think I've ever been sick in the summer months.  Seems to be pretty common in Atlanta these days.  I'm hearing with all the rain we've had the mold spore count is through the roof so I'm guessing that's what it is.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Good morning!  10 TM miles total including 3x2 miles with 800 recoveries.  SRD tomorrow.  Ready for it, but still feeling good...except for the summer cold/sinus that I have come down with...sneezing, runny nose, etc.  WTH???  I don't think I've ever been sick in the summer months.  Seems to be pretty common in Atlanta these days.  I'm hearing with all the rain we've had the mold spore count is through the roof so I'm guessing that's what it is.

I'm just getting over mine.  It kicked my butt pretty well for a couple of days.  I missed my long run Sunday and an easy run yesterday.  Did a slow 6 today and will try to do the HMP intervals tomorrow that had been scheduled for today.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 X 400s tonight.

Hope everybody is having a great day.  It would be better if it were a Friday, but still.

Damaris

Fundraising Page