Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

onemile

I'm digging how many of us are using Hansons this time around.  And Jedi & RV testing out the hardcore plan for me.  Maybe I will be ready for that one next cycle.  Wink

I plan to run 12-14ish today.  Trying to get in another 60 this week.

Jedi - Welcome back! I'm looking forward to your thoughts 5-6 weeks in because I checked out the plan and I think I could hack the first 5-6 weeks before I died (or more likely injured myself).

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Did 6 @ 8:56 (8:56, 8:59, 8:58, 8:58, 8:55, 8:47) and 8.51 total.

Today's run felt tougher, but I was still able to hit my pace fairly comfortably. I was even able to put in a strong finish, more for the mental aspect of finishing than for fitness reasons. I definitely think if I had done some quality on T, today's workout would have been as bad as the LR.

Nice workout Jedi!

Onemile, 60? You're a beast! Has MRT started for you?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

mdawg87

Good morning!  Well, good fortune smiled on the mdawgs this morning as all the rain has stayed to the west.  So far, just overcast, but no precip.  Got my 10 w/8 at MP done in great conditions.  MP miles were 8:27, 8:24, 8:24, 8:23, 8:32, 8:29, 8:22, and 8:22.  Pretty happy with those splits.  The PRR looked fairly dry on TV this morning too.  Had no idea that Meb and Ryan Hall were in town running it.  Need to check on how they finished.  Happy 4th all!

onemile:  yep, we're the Hansons club for sure.  Maybe I'll be ready for the advanced plan next time around.

cbus:  nice run!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Roll, congrats on the streak! But a Pepsi? Are you so low, sir... Coke. Drink Coke...

I was just giving (or trying to give) DTF a hard time about his bizarre dream. Coke all the way.

Be safe my friends. Happy 4th.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles, including the 4th of July 5K for me and hubby (he only did the 5K, as he does not want to die yet, LOL).  He PRd again and I ran one of my strongest and (relatively) fastest 5Ks in the Summer.  26:59 (still slow) but considering it was 87F and 73 dewpoint, I'll take what I can get.

Have a happy 4th full of FFF (food, friends, and family).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Mdawg, nice splits!

Roll and DTF, dream? Forced Pepsi consumption = nightmare.

DR, nice race!

Docket_Rocket

Those are nice paces!

Hey all,

Did 6 @ 8:56 (8:56, 8:59, 8:58, 8:58, 8:55, 8:47) and 8.51 total.

Today's run felt tougher, but I was still able to hit my pace fairly comfortably. I was even able to put in a strong finish, more for the mental aspect of finishing than for fitness reasons. I definitely think if I had done some quality on T, today's workout would have been as bad as the LR.

Nice workout Jedi!

Onemile, 60? You're a beast! Has MRT started for you?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MA runner girl

Mdawg - Wow, great MP run!!

Roll - Impressive streak!

Docket - Good job! I can't believe you "race" in those conditions. I won't even run easy 3 miles in it!

Cbus - Nice, consistent splits!

Bummed. I was supposed to run a 5k on Saturday, but now DH has to work. Maybe I can convince my mom to watch C, but the race starts at 8:30, so I'd need to drop him off before 8, and she's not much of a morning person! My dad is, but I'm not sure he's comfortable watching a 3 month old. Maybe since my mom will be there... and C may still be sleeping... We'll see I guess. I would rather not run it at all if it means paying to run with a stroller. Glad I didn't preregister at least.

3 miles later tonight. When I looked at the weather at 9:30 and it was "feels like" 90* I knew I wasn't running until the sun goes down... So warm/humid today!

Happy 4th of July all!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Docket: Nice 5K!! And congrats to your DH as well on his PR!

mdawg: Very nice splits!

Cbus: You, too: great splits!

onemile: Good luck with hitting 60!

jedi: nice run!

cmb: Congrats on the job offer!  That is awesome!

DTF/Roll/Cbus: re: Pepsi.  I'd rather die of thirst.

Me:  Well, this run was a crapfest.  The lesson was that when the Hansons tell you to get a good night's sleep before a SOS workout, they mean it.  The alternative formulation of that rule is that they hurt like hell if you try to do them hungover, which I tried to do this morning.  Splits were 7:28; 7:43; 7:42; 7:47; 8:34; 8:34.  Otherwise known as falling apart after mile 4.  First four miles were generally on pace (target is 7:26).  Given that it was 80F/DP 72F/80% humidity, I'm fine with being around 15 seconds off target pace.  I also had a headwind on the first three. Chalk that one up to boneheadedness.

End result was 6 MP @ 7:58; 5.67 wu/cd @ 9:22

Happy 4th, everyone!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Rusk Runner

Docket - Congrats to you and DH both!

cbus and mdawg - Nice pacing, guys!

Flinders - LOL!  Hate it that you had a bad run, but the situation has me laughing.

Onemile - Nice mileage, girl!  Keep up the good work.

Had a good time at the bike race today.  Considering I was on the lowest quality bike at the event and finished 7 of 14 I dont feel so bad.  I want a good set of wheels but I will have to wait till Christmas for that.

I think tomorrow will be a rest day.  My legs need a break.  I will shoot for a slow and easy 5 miles on Saturday and then go for a long bike ride on Sunday.  If the leg continues to hold up to the running, I will start waking up early again to go running during the week.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Re: humidity. Stay away from GREY shorts. I wore them today (and last week), and I swear it looked as if I totally pissed myself (which I didn't. Promise.).

Flinders, dude! That was a rough workout! Way to get it done though.

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Happy Independence day donuts!

Have been cruising along with easy miles the past two days with a SRD today.  Following the same RW plan as last year, but may mix in Hanson tempo and speed work here and there.

Going to DC/NY for vacation - excited to run out there.

Nice running all.

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Re: humidity. Stay away from GREY shorts. I wore them today (and last week), and I swear it looked as if I totally pissed myself (which I didn't. Promise.).

Flinders, dude! That was a rough workout! Way to get it done though.

But once you're completely soaked with sweat, how would anyone know if you did?  Gives you options in case you're caught short out in the open with no convenient bushes. Smile

I haven't had a run of more than three and a half miles in the last couple of weeks where I haven't looked like I jumped in the river half way through.

Cbus/Indy: Thanks.  I shared the context of the blowup because I started laughing at myself on my cooldown run home.  Got some weird looks from people waiting for a bus, too (the soggy guy running by laughing out loud).

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Going to DC/NY for vacation - excited to run out there.

Strider: For your trip to DC, I just posted a map in the "Maps" section of the forum that is a point-to-point running tour of the Mall and Monumental Core.  I have it start and finish at Metro stations, in case you aren't staying downtown.  It is just under 6.5 miles and will take you past almost all of the major monuments and some of the lesser known ones, too.  I can suggest other routes, too, if you'd like to branch out from the Mall to tour other parts of the city.

Smashy!!!

Indi, nice work at that race! Hope the running miles go well.

MA, hope it works out with the race. If not, you can always get a run in (correct?).

Flinders, problem is: I'm not thoroughly soaked until I get home, and I'm not running anymore. Until then, just enough moisture wicks off to make it look like an accident occurred. Backside, however, is throroughly soaked. This is. All probably TMI. LOL, at the options idea!

Onemile, you know how the LR is supposed to mimic the last 16 miles of the race? Did you find that Tempo days worked the same way? If so, which portion of the race felt closest to the way you felt on Tempo days?