Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

cbus - nice MP pacing

onemile - I have no quality days first 3 weeks. They classify it as base building. Felt like I was working today do 6x30sec fartleks at end of a 10 miler though.Smile Might just stick to plan or add some short MP runs in until transitional phase in week 4. I think I should just follow plan as i'll be looking for some easy stuff once plan really gets rolling. So far so good though. Might run a 10k on Saturday. We'll see as it's free reg, but not too motivated about running short races at the moment.

jenn - nice race today

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Strider: For your trip to DC, I just posted a map in the "Maps" section of the forum that is a point-to-point running tour of the Mall and Monumental Core.  I have it start and finish at Metro stations, in case you aren't staying downtown.  It is just under 6.5 miles and will take you past almost all of the major monuments and some of the lesser known ones, too.  I can suggest other routes, too, if you'd like to branch out from the Mall to tour other parts of the city.

Thank you, Flinders!  I wasn't aware we had a map section.  That's a cool route around the monuments.

We're staying with a friend in Silver Springs (10 miles from the mall) and planning to metro in.  I'll take my shoes and finish off a day with a run around this course.  Here's hoping the weather is good this week.

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Thank you, Flinders!  I wasn't aware we had a map section.  That's a cool route around the monuments.

We're staying with a friend in Silver Springs (10 miles from the mall) and planning to metro in.  I'll take my shoes and finish off a day with a run around this course.  Here's hoping the weather is good this week.

Enjoy your visit!  I run around on the Mall most days I run, and it never gets old.

I put the route together to start at the Capitol South Metro stop (Blue & Orange Lines) and to finish at Smithsonian (also Blue and Orange).  If you are staying in Silver Spring and doing the run at the end of the day, you may either want to do the course "in reverse" and finish at Union Station (1st & D St. NE), which is on the Red Line (as is Silver Spring), rather than Capitol South (1st & C St. SE), or, instead of turning south back to the Mall onto 12th St from Pennsylvania Ave., turn north to finish at the Metro Center stop (12th & F St. NW) (Blue, Orange, and Red Lines).

(Also, a general visiting DC tip: if you are going to take more than five one-way trips on the Metro during your stay, purchase a Smartrip card from the vending machines at any of the Metro stations.  These are a plastic rechargeable card about the size of a credit card that you tap on the target on the fare gates to pay your fare.  They cost $10, of which $5 is the cost of the card plus  $5 pre-loaded fare value, and can be reloaded at any of the farecard machines.   Metro will charge you a $1 surcharge for each one-way trip if you use a paper fare card, so with more than 5 trips, you'll come out ahead.)

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

onemile

Mdawg and Cbus - nice MP runs. I'm sorta jealous but I'll get to do mine soon enough I suppose Smile

Flinders - what goal pace are you targeting?

Cbus - I guess technically, this is the first week for me of MRT. But you know it starts on Thursday and the first week is pretty light and easy so I'm just trying to keep my mileage up.  To answer your question, yeah, I guess I felt like the last few miles of the MP run felt similar to the last few of the marathon effort-wise but then in the marathon my legs were hurting quite a bit in a way they hadn't during the MP runs.  But not in a way that slowed me down, it was the kind of the kind of hurt you can compartmentalize.  I felt like by the time the long runs actually got to 15-16 miles, the effort in them didn't feel like a MP effort run.  When they were 10-12, it did but then it was shorter so that helped.

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Flinders - what goal pace are you targeting?

I'm targeting 3:15.  Though I might drop it back to 3:20 if I find I can't consistently hit the paces for the LR and MP runs.

So far, the easy paces seem easy, and I can hit the Speed paces (though I've consistently been on the slower end of the range).  LR pace is the pace I just ran my most recent FM at, so I know I can hit that for an extended period of time (but, and a big but, it was mid 40s and dry when I ran it).

I've had trouble with the two MP runs, but some of it is that it has been suffocatingly humid (and today's disaster was self-inflicted).  The MP runs have felt more taxing aerobically than I would have expected (especially since the pace is my HM PR pace...but I ran that HM in March when it was in the 50s and dry).  So we'll see how it goes.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Rusk Runner

SRD with PT today.  Hope everybody had a wonderful Independence Day.  Pretty eventful day for me:

1.  Realized I need a new wheelset and I have alot of work to do to become an averagely strong cyclist.

2.  My little angel DD won the Lil' Miss Catfish Beauty Contest.  I cried just for a second.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3234080386704&set=a.2949084101975.1073741825.1707533974&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

3.  Realized Lil' Miss Catfish has to attend virtually all events through the weekend during our "Catfish Festival".

4.  Am getting pretty bummed out that I cant run the 5K tomorrow.

5.  Packed everybody up to watch the fireworks show, which ended up being pretty nice this year.

I have had a good time and the weekend has really just gotten started.  Hopefully PT goes well today.  I look forward to another pain free run tomorrow which will be worthy of celebration even if its not during the race.

Nice running everyone!  You all continue to set the goal for my recovery!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me.

indi, busy day!  Congrats to your DD for winning the contest.  Don't be sad about the 5K.  There are plenty other races you'll be able to do!

Flinders, good luck with that goal!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Fly-by for me. Easy 8/3m this morning.  Gotta jet to run some errands. Good running all.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

mdawg87

Good morning!  Wish we had sunshine in Atlanta.  I fear for our pool/BBQ plans this weekend.  The rain seems to be sticking around.  I guess as long as I don't have to run in it, I should be grateful.  Strength training, 6 easy TM miles, and stretching at the gym this morning.  No lazy day for me.  I'm at work, but it is mercifully quiet and relatively empty.  Good productive day, I hope!

Indy:  Awww...congrats to Li'l Miss Catfish!  Good luck at PT today.  Here's hoping for more positive news.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

6.5 rainy miles this morning.

Indi, what a fun weekend so far. Good luck at PT.

DR, enjoy the rest day.

Nice runs every one.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Indi - Congrats to Ms. Catfish! I can't see the picture - maybe because we aren't fb friends?  You're welcome to add me!

Flinders - I think that's a good plan to give it bit and then adjust as needed. I know the MP runs felt too aerobic to me at first too.

Jedi - doubles, huh?  Ick.

I will probably do 8. Later tonight.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

No doubles. That's not the Hanson way.)

Jedi - doubles, huh?  Ick.

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Onemile, I forgot to say thanks for the insight into the Tempo runs and races. It totally makes sense. And, oh yeah, I cant figure out why week 1 in Hansons starts midweek either.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

No doubles. That's not the Hanson way.)

Oops I think I misread your post.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I got no sleep last night due to bad allergies, so I hope my 7 tonight goes well.  Also, some miles with hubby after my run.  Maybe a nap.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page