Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

DetroitTigerFan

ok everyone - let's hear those weekend long run stats ! Smile

me - 14 done at avg 9:35.  I'm starting at 10:00, but for some reason today I was fast after mile 8 - was hitting 9:20's. I need to be more careful. My heart rate was in the Pfitz sweet spot, but I was better than the 9:40 I should be hitting. Still trying to balance pace vs heart rate. My guess is that the paces will level off as the long run mileage increase over 16,etc...

PS - i'm trying to add mileage to my plan when and where possible. So far, I've added a short slow 3 mile recovery run the day after my long run. Am I doing myself any favors by doing this?  I always hear adding mileage can help. If I don't add mileage onto a current run, will adding a short run like this help at all? (thinking of a "run more" approach,etc)

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

mdawg87

Good morning!  5 easy with DH in the light rain this morning.  Oh where oh where is the sun??  Still having our beef brisket today, but probably no pool time.  It will still be fun times with friends though.  Hopefully, we'll get a few dry hours so we can at least hang out by the pool even if it's not sunny.

Docket:  hope the allergies improve.

DTF:  I have my LR tomorrow.  I'll let you know then!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

DTF, mine is tomorrow, I'll report then.

mdawg, I have all the sun you'll need.  I'll send it Fed Ex.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

DTF  - I would say more miles are good provided you aren't feeling on the verge of injury.

I ran 8 this morning. 4 with my brother and 4 by myself.  I'm doing an 8k with him in a few weeks so he's trying to get ready for it.

Smashy!!!

Morning all,

7.1 easy this morning with the local running group.

Mdawg, save some brisket for me!

DTF, my LR is tomorrow. I think adding miles is good. As long as it doesn't leave you overtrained. Just make sure you take those miles nice and EASY.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Rough and hot out there today - forced me to stop after 5 miles.  I should have gone out earlier, not at noon.  Calf is bothering me, so I may take tomorrow off and get Graston on Monday.  I have a cutback week this week so I can always throw a long run in on Monday or Tuesday.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Drive by poster coming through.

Hope everyone has the same number of fingers they did before the fourth. So far, a single 5 mile run is all I have been able to squeeze in. Maybe another 5-7 later today.

Indi - that's awesome news about DD

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

Just saw this on Yahoo! Aaparently we're all getting fat, and losing muscle--enjoy!

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/yahoo-spotlight/why-your-cardio-routine-making-you-fat

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

quick drive by posting - 5 miles at my old easy/recovery paces.  Legs and breathing feel strong.  Slightest tightness in the injured calf that still makes me nervous.

Off to a family gathering.  Carried a rifle in the color guard again this year.  We decorated a float for DD, who was extremely kind and gracious and asked all of the other little miss contestants to ride in the float with her!  Shes a heck of a gal.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

10 easy this morning with 6 pickups.  Tomorrow is a "moderate" Hansons 16 on the Silver Comet, starting at sunrise.

mdawg87

10 easy this morning with 6 pickups.  Tomorrow is a "moderate" Hansons 16 on the Silver Comet, starting at sunrise.

I'll be there doing 15.  Worked my schedule out to keep my LR  on Sunday.  Hope the rain holds off for us!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

bagopux

Something to be said for running 14 miles on the Willamette River at 65F and low humidity and then eating your way through the Portland Farmers Market and then heading to the nearest microbrewery. What's the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah....vacation!

I'll be there doing 15.  Worked my schedule out to keep my LR  on Sunday.  Hope the rain holds off for us!

Guess I'll wear one of my red Chicago Marathon shirts to make myself identifiable in case you should happen to see me.  I'll also be the dorky one wearing calf sleeves.

onemile

Rough and hot out there today - forced me to stop after 5 miles.  I should have gone out earlier, not at noon.  Calf is bothering me, so I may take tomorrow off and get Graston on Monday.  I have a cutback week this week so I can always throw a long run in on Monday or Tuesday.

Really, I think this was the key for me for getting through marathon training uninjured last time around. When I something started bothering me I made a Graston appt right away and it never failed to either resolve it completely or make it much better in just one appointment.  I ended up going once a month and it was money well spent IMO.

onemile

Guess I'll wear one of my red Chicago Marathon shirts to make myself identifiable in case you should happen to see me.  I'll also be the dorky one wearing calf sleeves.

Wait, I thought calf sleeves were cool.  I hope one of you guys is bringing a camera!