Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  15 miles with the last 3 as fast as I could.  And they were fast (for me).  9:44mm in 90F and 75DP, so the coach will be happy.  Last year I attempted that pace during the same workout and I had to stop due to an asthma attack.  being able to run that pace in the last three miles in horrible conditions without a peep from the chest made me very happy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

mdawg87

Good morning!  15 miles on the SIlver Comet Trail.  Incredibly humid, but overcast so it was bearable.  Ran it at an average pace of 9:00 flat including a warm up mile which tells you I went too fast.  Gotta get better at sticking to my Hansons LR pace of 9:18.  However, I am pleased with what it says about my fitness right now.  Today's run ends a 47 mile week for me which is the most mileage since marathon training last year!

Docket:  We are running twins today.  Both of us had 15 milers with fast paces!

RVD:  I think I saw you out there, but you were ahead of me and I never caught you.  I'm guessing I passed you on the way out, but didn't see you.  I had on a pink sports bra and black compression shorts.  I was with DH for the first few miles.  Crazy about that tree down at mile 5.5.  I'm sure the cyclists were NOT happy.  I just turned around and did loops until I got my mileage.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Docket - Good to hear the asthma isnt bothering you as much!  You must really feel good about that.

mdawg - Nice run!  Fitness gains are always a good feeling.

Rode 50.3 on the bike today.  Proud to end the week with three short runs.  I plan to run 5 easy miles tomorrow.  Not sure yet if I will run in the AM or PM yet.  I will be getting home from work earlier for awhile with the furloughs starting.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Rode 50.3 on the bike today.  Proud to end the week with three short runs.  I plan to run 5 easy miles tomorrow.  Not sure yet if I will run in the AM or PM yet.  I will be getting home from work earlier for awhile with the furloughs starting.

This is the best news.  So maybe I'll see you at Monumental after all!  Big grin

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Ill add to the LR mojo. Finished 13.1 @ 9:25. I felt really strong, and then lost discipline starting mile 7, where I did MP on a hill. After that I couldn't get back on pace until mile 12. Anyways, that's 51 (51.4) for the week, which is the first time I've hit 50 since the week of 2/11. I was surprised how easily i hit 50. Last cycle, I didn't hit 50 until week 10. Week 3 down, bring on week 4.

DR, good news about the asthma.

Mdawg, nice LR!

Indi, great to hear that you are well on the road to recovery!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

mdawg - nice LR. I tended to do mine slightly faster than called for too (around 9:00-9:05).  Because I was using the range of paces from 3:40-3:45 which was, I think 9:05-9:18.

Cbus - very nice week.

I'm planning on doing 8 tonight. After the sun goes down. It's hot out.

Good morning!  15 miles on the SIlver Comet Trail.  Incredibly humid, but overcast so it was bearable.  Ran it at an average pace of 9:00 flat including a warm up mile which tells you I went too fast.  Gotta get better at sticking to my Hansons LR pace of 9:18.  However, I am pleased with what it says about my fitness right now.  Today's run ends a 47 mile week for me which is the most mileage since marathon training last year!

Docket:  We are running twins today.  Both of us had 15 milers with fast paces!

RVD:  I think I saw you out there, but you were ahead of me and I never caught you.  I'm guessing I passed you on the way out, but didn't see you.  I had on a pink sports bra and black compression shorts.  I was with DH for the first few miles.  Crazy about that tree down at mile 5.5.  I'm sure the cyclists were NOT happy.  I just turned around and did loops until I got my mileage.

I did my 16 at an average 9:45 pace as per Hansons, but to get that average I was actually going faster with the latter miles.  I turned around at the downed tree, ran back past the trail head for a half mile in that direction, and then retraced my original path for 2 out and back to make up my 16.

Then I get to my car and my driver's side back window has been smashed and my wallet and cell phone stolen. Angry  Someone must have called the police because a police incident report had  been left on the driver's seat with the case number.  So, I've spent the day cancelling credit cards, getting a new phone and arranging to have my window fixed.  Sigh.....

I started running right at 0630 and even though there were 5 - 6 cars there I didn't see any people.  Usually there are bike people about, getting their  bikes off their cars, filling tires, etc, etc.  Guess I should have waited for more humans to be about.  In the future I guess I'll take my cell phone with me, and perhaps not bring my wallet, but just  driver's license and perhaps a credit card that I can take with me.

Smashy!!!

Dude! RV, that totally sucks. Sorry this happened to you.

I did my 16 at an average 9:45 pace as per Hansons, but to get that average I was actually going faster with the latter miles.  I turned around at the downed tree, ran back past the trail head for a half mile in that direction, and then retraced my original path for 2 out and back to make up my 16.

Then I get to my car and my driver's side back window has been smashed and my wallet and cell phone stolen. Angry  Someone must have called the police because a police incident report had  been left on the driver's seat with the case number.  So, I've spent the day cancelling credit cards, getting a new phone and arranging to have my window fixed.  Sigh.....

I started running right at 0630 and even though there were 5 - 6 cars there I didn't see any people.  Usually there are bike people about, getting their  bikes off their cars, filling tires, etc, etc.  Guess I should have waited for more humans to be about.  In the future I guess I'll take my cell phone with me, and perhaps not bring my wallet, but just  driver's license and perhaps a credit card that I can take with me.

Docket_Rocket

RVD, that sucks!  Hope everything is resolved quickly.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DetroitTigerFan

RVD - yikes !!! that's awful - I do the same where I start at 6am and there may only be a car or two around, if that. Do you hide your stuff in the car or could they see it through the window?  I have a old flexible Velcro sport like wallet (~4x5in) that I carry my license and my credit card (including my bulky car key) It's bulky in my pocket but I've grown used to it over the years.

You also bring up an interesting thought on pace I was curious about - for a goal pace if you start slower, you have to run faster to average to it.  For long runs, how do you all do this with your programs? do you treat the fast end of the pace as an absolute number or do you try to manage it so that you average to the goal pace ?

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

RVD - That sucks!  Your plans for future runs sound about spot on.  That happened to a good friend of mine one night while I was living in Jacksonville.

Onemile - Hmmm.  I dont know if I would go to indi to run a half or a real slow marathon.  I would have to wait and see how things are going.

Amik - Are you planning on setting a HM PR at the Monumental?  Perhaps if you are not running too fast I might run with you.  One of you guys would need to pick up my packet and meet me in ther morning.

Went out to the garden with DD and trimmed down the basil.  DW, DD, and I sat around the kitchen island 30 minutes later eating warm tuscan bread dipped in fresh, oh so fresh pesto.  YUUUUUUMMMMMY.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

mdawg87

Oh no RVD!  That's terrible.  I'm assuming you were parked at the Nickajack lot.  When we pulled in a little before 7:30 am, we saw two Cobb Co. police cars there.  One officer was talking to a gal.  I wonder if she was the one who called it in and they were there for that incident?  Sure hope everything gets worked out credit card, etc. wise.

mdawg87

Wow!  Where is everyone?  Out running I hope!  Glad to see the sun in Atlanta finally after 5 days of rain.  More of that to come though.  Too humid for some storms not to get cooked up pretty soon.

7 easy TM miles, abs, and stretching at the gym.  Forgot to mention that we made our plane flights and hotel reservations for the Lehigh Marathon/HM.  We both had already registered for the race so I guess it's really official now!  Flying in Friday evening and flying home Sunday evening.

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

+1 to "where is everyone?"

I've got 4 recovery miles later today. Hopefully it's not pouring rain then. This week will be a bit of a cutback week.

Mdawg, how exciting!

RVD - yikes !!! that's awful - I do the same where I start at 6am and there may only be a car or two around, if that. Do you hide your stuff in the car or could they see it through the window?  I have a old flexible Velcro sport like wallet (~4x5in) that I carry my license and my credit card (including my bulky car key) It's bulky in my pocket but I've grown used to it over the years.

You also bring up an interesting thought on pace I was curious about - for a goal pace if you start slower, you have to run faster to average to it.  For long runs, how do you all do this with your programs? do you treat the fast end of the pace as an absolute number or do you try to manage it so that you average to the goal pace ?

I had my wallet and phone in the center console.  Nothing was visible.

Regarding pacing, I've done both.  It doesn't bother me that I'm running slower than goal pace for a warmup portion of the run.  On the other hand, if I'm feeling frisky later, I may go a bit faster than goal pace to bring the average down into range.