Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

onemile

DTF - for the long runs where I've had to run a specific pace (Hansons), I usually try to hit the pace right away.  I'm sure a warm up mile would be fine though.

Indi - wanna jog a 3:35 with me?  hehe I will gladly pick up your packet for you if you'd like.

RVD - sucks. I've had my window smashed in my work parking lot.  Assholes.

mdawg - nice on the 7

cbus - enjoy the cutback

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I swear I posted this morning!

6 miles and if I have time (or will) I'll do weights.

mdawg, nice 7.

Cbus, enjoy the 4 later.  Hope they are dry ones.

RVD, frisky, eh?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Oh no RVD!  That's terrible.  I'm assuming you were parked at the Nickajack lot.  When we pulled in a little before 7:30 am, we saw two Cobb Co. police cars there.  One officer was talking to a gal.  I wonder if she was the one who called it in and they were there for that incident?  Sure hope everything gets worked out credit card, etc. wise.

Yeah, I usually park right in front of the picnic tables.  Yesterday was a long day.  I had 6 credit cards in that wallet.  In addition, I had a computer problem and took my machine in for repair on Friday.  So, I was communications-challenged yesterday.  Bought a replacement T-Mobile Galaxy S3 with 16 gig.  Had 32 gig in the other one along with a 64 gig removable.  Sigh.....

Did 8w8x10s this morning, i.e., just an easy 8 miles with eight 10 second strides.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, onemile!

RVD, nice workout.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

To commiserate with RvD, here's my break in story. I have had my car broken into numerous times. The most petty was to steal my CD player, which was like $20 (to this day, I still wish the person just held me up at gun point, and demanded that I buy him/her a CD player at Target). But the worst was the day my then fiance and I had our engagement party, which was in traditional Korean style. I took a ton of pictures that day. And then we went to her work late at night, so she could catch up on some work. When we returned to the car, it was broken into, and they stole the camera, so to this day, we have no pictures of that engagement party. And, oh yeah, they stole my g-ed out Ray Ban Aviator shades (which were prescription by the way, because I am both cool and dorky at the same time).

Re: Indi Monumental, I'm throwing around the idea of driving out there to cheer you guys on...and grab beers after? (The promise of a beer-based meet up would be an incentive.)

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

FYI, The Big Board is updated. A special shoutout to Dark Streets, who crushed San Francisco--very impressive considering the hills.

Another reminder to post your updates finish results on the Big Board thread!

Smashy!!!

Strider, a question about the Columbus Marathon course. According to the elevation chart, there is a hill starting approximately at Mile 18 going through Mile 20. It's about a 100 ft. difference. Can you tell me about this hill? Did you feel it? Was it difficult? Keep in mind, you train in Pittsburgh, where hills are unavoidable, and I train in Central Ohio, where it's hard to find a hill.

onemile

Re: Indi Monumental, I'm throwing around the idea of driving out there to cheer you guys on...and grab beers after? (The promise of a beer-based meet up would be an incentive.)

Yes, you should!  What about running the half?  I'm not sure how that fits in with your fall marathon.

Smashy!!!

Yes, you should!  What about running the half?  I'm not sure how that fits in with your fall marathon.

I thought about that too. But Columbus is Oct. 20th, and I don't think I could be recovered in time to run the Monumental Half, even as a fun run. However, my birthday is on the 7th, so I'm thinking I can convince the wife to let me drive down there as my present.

back from vacation. It was great, wish I were still on vacation. Back to the real. A very low 18 miles for me last week. Just tooo busy while in Kansas City to get runS in. Only fit one run in. Looking forward to logging more miles this week.

RVD - that's bogus about the theft

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Afternoon Donuts! Busy first day back to work after holiday. Another 3-day work week for me this week as I am taking my DW to Williamsburg, VA for a long weekend for her 40th. That means I need to switch-upome runs this week so i don't do a LR this weekend. 9.3m easy this morning w/some hil sprints/strides. hanson says 8x10sec strides but breaking them up as 4x10sec hill sprints/4xstrides. Same thoing when it comes down to it, but 4x done on a hill.Smile i had a great first week of Hanson training. No quality yet, but 15 miler pretty tough in the heat yesterday but cooler than previous wek. 60.6m for week which is a great start for plan. I find it funny my plan starts at mileage which would have been a peak week a few yrs ago. feeling good though and enjoying plan so far.

RV - sorry to hear about break-in.

indi - hppy for good news

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

RVD - that is terrible Sad I hate society sometimes.

Cbus - nice 50 mile week!  your break in story sounds horrendous - i'd be devastated to lose those pics

Jedi- enjoy the time with your DW

onemile- nice running! i like hearing all about hansons through you - maybe i'll do it one day.

Graston for me today after my missed long run - yep, missed.  It was so hot this weekend and my calves were acting up.  It was very torturous to say the least- I haven't been since before the marathon!  Going to soulcycle tonight and then running again tomorrow - back on track with the plan as stated.  I'm hoping I will be able to run while I am on vacation.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

cmb4314

RVD - sorry to hear about the break in Sad  I always worry about that when I park my car for runs, because I typically do the same thing as you and leave some stuff in the car.  Thus far I have been lucky, but I always worry about it.

Glad everyone had an otherwise good holiday weekend!  Sounds like some good running as well Smile

Over here we cooked some good food, painted our bathroom, hung a bunch of shelves in our garage, and went and saw Man of Steel (which I thought was better than the critics seem to think it is).

Still fighting with the IT band, grrr.  I haven't run in ~2 weeks at this point, but I did have it flare up a bit last week from when I used the elliptical, which I didn't think would bother it but which made me sore in ~10 minutes of use.  Swimming and biking don't seem to bother it, so I got in a good swim workout on Friday and biked ~21 miles on Thursday and ~15.5 yesterday.  I could feel some soreness at the bottom of my knee near the end of my bike ride yesterday, which is something that I get often and is usually my sign to give it a good stretch/roll to make sure that it doesn't devolve into ITBS, but biking hasn't irritated the injury as far as I can tell.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Rusk Runner

Truly a bummer situation for you RVD.  Good running though.

Roll - Welcome back.

Onemile - Jog.  Yeah. Roll eyes I am torn.  I would say I could be trained for a half but that would mean your pace would be slow for me to run with you to the 7 mile split.  And of course you would be running way too fast for me to run a full.  I am not sure I should even eyeball showing up in Indy at all at this point.

CMB - Keep on fighting! You have done really well to get this far with your previous injury.  Are you enjoying the cycling?

5 miles in a 95 deg heat index.  Stupid humid.  Let my attitude get in the way and ran at a 9:16 avg. which was too fast for the heat and for coming off a 50 mile bike ride yesterday.  I am just so excited to be running again, I need to learn to calm down again.  I was drenched when I got home, not tired just hot and wet.  I jumped into the pool with the kids to cool down.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Cbus - meeting the coolest peeps in the donuts group sounds like a great birthday present to me Smile

Sprinkles - yep, Graston is always the most painful when I haven't been there for awhile because there's a lot more junk to clear out.   My last few appointments have been nothing compared to the first 6-8 visits which were pretty brutal and had me sweating and clenching the table.  I mean not that it's ever fun but that was a whole different level of torture. haha

CMB - sorry you are still dealing with ITB issues. I can't remember, have you tried Graston?

Indi - Why don't you wait a couple months before deciding?  I can certainly understand if you choose not to do it but at the same time, I'd love a pacer for 7 miles or even all of it Wink  Oh and I don't know how you can run in 95 degrees!