Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Ball of Fury

Lol...I am jealous...he doesn't stalk me!

Stalker!! Stalker!!  Surprised

Thank you! Big grin

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

AmiK - good luck tomorrow as well! Wind will die down tomorrow, but this course the wind always whips theru no matter weather as lot of open fields along course with nothing to block wind.

CBus:  Hopefully it will stay that way all weekend!

Jedi:  Nice shakeout....hopefully the wind dies down for you tomorrow!  Good luck!

Well, I was also planning to do an easy 3-4 mile shakeout this morning, but I overslept...whoops!  So, I guess it's an URD because after work, we have to drive to Indianapolis, which is where the race is.  Not a huge deal but kinda bummed.  I am now obsessing over what to wear tomorrow...lol!  It is supposed to be around 32-34 at race time, partly sunny, 5-6 mph wind so not bad.  I am trying to choose between tights and capris...I hate being cold but I know I will get hot in tights...ugh...the decisions we face Joking.  Have a great day and a great weekend Donuts!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

It would probably help if you made your log public!  Wink

Lol...I am jealous...he doesn't stalk me!

mdawg87

Good morning!  Strength training, cycling, and stretching at the gym this morning.  It's a good day in the mdawg house.  I passed all my tests at the sports doc and he released me to resume normal training!  Of course, I need to build up slowly, but I can go back to my hills, doing faster running, etc.  Yay!!!  I'm currently running between 20-25 miles per week.  Maybe now I can actually think about picking a marathon!

Go jedi go!  What's the final weather report for your race?

cbus:  Enjoy your rest week!

AmiK:  Uh...it's got to be in the 60s for me to bust out the shorts...and I mean the high 60s.  I am the Queen Wimp of Cold.

DTF:  I would've been more irritated they weren't paying attention and taking up the whole path.  I know what you mean about the loud talkers though.  I see that more at the gym.  I can't figure out why people wear ear buds/listen to music and try to talk at the same time.  It's especially annoying in the weight area when workout partners do it.  Take out the damn ear buds and stop shouting already!

Docket:  Oh no!  Any particular cause for the flare up?

Josh:  I haven't gotten all the way to specific carb needs yet.  But I'll be looking at that this weekend now that I can ramp up mileage.  Exciting about the progress you're making.  And your dinner tonight...YUM!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Good Job Onemile.  I know what you are saying also!  I just realized that next Ssunday is my last 20 miler before taper.  That last 18 w/14 at MP got me a tad tired and sore.  I am going to let the sunshine warm things up a bit before I run today and it looks like this weekends runs might be in shorts.  I am soooo looking forward to race day, but I feel like I want to be done with this training cycle also.  I need a break for a week.

Amik - Suck it up, buttercup.  Besides the sunshine should make you a bit warmer.  You will be running fast enough that you will think its 50 deg after a couple of miles.  Big grin

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Rusk Runner

Good Job Onemile.  I know what you are saying also!  I just realized that next Ssunday is my last 20 miler before taper.  That last 18 w/14 at MP got me a tad tired and sore.  I am going to let the sunshine warm things up a bit before I run today and it looks like this weekends runs might be in shorts.  I am soooo looking forward to race day, but I feel like I want to be done with this training cycle also.  I need a break for a week.

Amik - Suck it up, buttercup.  Besides the sunshine should make you a bit warmer.  You will be running fast enough that you will think its 50 deg after a couple of miles.  Big grin

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Mdawg, Yeeahhh!!! (Read in the style of Howard Dean's infamous scream.) It's awesome to see you healthy again. Now you can go out and really enjoy those Riders!

Ami, +1 to Onemile. Make the log public, and I will stalk...

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

The Big Board is finally updated. I've been avoiding it, since work's been so busy. But I can see this week and next week are big racing weeks for the Donuts. Go Jedi!!! And Go Shamrock runners!!!

Also, if you have results, please be sure to post them, so that I can record them on the Big Board.

FINALLY, I'm ready to update JAN. So if you have a race/result for the month of Jan., please post it, and I will record them on the Big Board.

The year is still young, but we already have a hand full of PRs--yea!

Ball of Fury

Onemile/CBus:  I didn't know it was private!  I am apparently not the brightest bulb around here!

Indy:  You really want me to suck it up don't you...since you posted it twice!

Smashy!!!

You do realize what you're getting into, right? All that nagging I give Onemile about pacing... You really want that? Evil

Onemile/CBus:  I didn't know it was private!  I am apparently not the brightest bulb around here!

Indy:  You really want me to suck it up don't you...since you posted it twice!

Ball of Fury

Can't wait!  My log is pretty simple (I never kept a log before January)...I don't know how to get the pace bunny and all that other stuff on there!

You do realize what you're getting into, right? All that nagging I give Onemile about pacing... You really want that? Evil

onemile

Go to the Widget dropdown in the upper right!

And I like log stalking!

Can't wait!  My log is pretty simple (I never kept a log before January)...I don't know how to get the pace bunny and all that other stuff on there!

Rusk Runner

LOL - no Amik, I want you to be comfortable for your race.  I look at it this way, for every one deg over 50 deg you have to account for your body starting to expend energy on keeping itself cool.  When I wear too much at race pace, I feel myself getting hot, even if it is 30 deg outside.  I would rather be cool and let the outside temps keep me that way.   It was in the 30s when that profile pic was taken and I was sweating, but I wasnt hot.

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a 6 recovery miler or an SRD.  Chest is a bit congested from the asthma, so not sure what I will do.  I have to work around this but not sure how.  I think the culprit is the weather but who knows.  My allergy shot was increased so it could be that too.

Good luck to AmiK and jedi tomorrow!

Cbus does not stalk me, onemile, so you should feel very lucky.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Oh I forgot to say:  Good luck Amik and Jedi tomorrow!! Kick some butt and earn some donuts!