Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very true.  I even have a chart of pace adjustments that take into account anything after 60F.  And I know bagopux chart takes into account dewpoint.

LOL - no Amik, I want you to be comfortable for your race.  I look at it this way, for every one deg over 50 deg you have to account for your body starting to expend energy on keeping itself cool.  When I wear too much at race pace, I feel myself getting hot, even if it is 30 deg outside.  I would rather be cool and let the outside temps keep me that way.   It was in the 30s when that profile pic was taken and I was sweating, but I wasnt hot.

Damaris

Smells like running in the DONUT SHOP!!!!

Ami - I wear shorts in the 30's last weekend i wore shorts and long sleeves with a beanie and gloves. I looked like a dog shaking off shampoo (getting rid of clothers) by mile 7. warm the core and the legs will move. good luck and go own it!!!!!

Onemile - nice!!!!!! i am with you on the 15 max

Mdawg - your patience has been admirable, fo sho (for sure).

Jedi - ready? fuel? Good luck and ^^^^^ go own it!!!

cmb - where are you and how are you feeling?

Josh - how is your stomach handling that increase ?

indi - this 20 is gonna be a breeze for ya.

CBus - thanks man. Thanks for managing that board.

Drocket - breath freindly ..... Cool

my run last night was a quick 4.5 recovery. tempo tonight BEFORE my 4 beer limit.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Good luck to all the racers- though I think you are all well prepared and won't need it!

River still frozen near my house, with lots of snowmobile tracks in the snow. It is about 100 feet wide and warm weather is forecast for the next few days so there should be a channel soon.

3 miles easy pace last night, longer and easy today, plows went by earlier this morning.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

onemile

For those of you who have had graston - what do you think the best timing is pre-race to get it done? I'm thinking I'd like to go in once before my half (in just over 2 weeks) and once before my marathon.  Would you do it 2 weeks before race day or closer to race day?

Smashy!!!

Ami, +1 to Indi. But cold weather doesn't particularly bother me. So you do what you gotta do. But I'd prefer to be chillier on race day than hot and sloppy.

Morning!  I have a 6 recovery miler or an SRD.  Chest is a bit congested from the asthma, so not sure what I will do.  I have to work around this but not sure how.  I think the culprit is the weather but who knows.  My allergy shot was increased so it could be that too.

Good luck to AmiK and jedi tomorrow!

Cbus does not stalk me, onemile, so you should feel very lucky.

Onemile is lucky? I think annoyed is more like it. But I don't stalk you because your log is boring. It just says 26.2 race miles every day!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Onemile:  Thanks...now I have a pace bunny to catch!

Everyone else:  Thanks for the well wishes and advice!  I will at least wear capris, if not shorts!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Thanks! Think I will go for the baker's dozen!Smile

Oh I forgot to say:  Good luck Amik and Jedi tomorrow!! Kick some butt and earn some donuts!

mdawg - sunny and low 30s to start and just about 40 when I expect to finish. Perfect!

cbus - do you stalk my log?Smile

AmiK - DO WORK!!!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Roll - 2 gels usually. One at 4m and another at 8m if I need it. Rocking shorts and long sleeve tech from this race first time i ran it in 2010.

Jedi - ready? fuel? Good luck and ^^^^^ go own it!!!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

No.

Thanks! Think I will go for the baker's dozen!Smile

mdawg - sunny and low 30s to start and just about 40 when I expect to finish. Perfect!

AmiK - DO WORK!!!

Geez...I'm not the only one who stalks logs, am I?

No.

Geez...I'm not the only one who stalks logs, am I?

no. i guess I truly "stalk" since i dont comment on them.

onemile

I do. I'm nosy and I like to see how other people train.

Smashy!!!

I stalk Jedi's log to get other Hansons plans for free! he he.

I do. I'm nosy and I like to see how other people train.

I stalk Jedi's log to get other Hansons plans for free! he he.

Why does noone seem to use Daniel'S plan?

Smashy!!!

For those of you who have had graston - what do you think the best timing is pre-race to get it done? I'm thinking I'd like to go in once before my half (in just over 2 weeks) and once before my marathon.  Would you do it 2 weeks before race day or closer to race day?

I didn't see this question until now. I'd get it two weeks out. In fact, if you are not having any issues, I'd wait until after to get it done. The reason is this: in my experience, Graston will actually inflame my ITBS before (or, in order to make) healing occurs. So, even though I can run after my Graston treatments, I don't feel back to normal until a week later, at the earliest. If I got it done too close to my race, I'd be worried that I might experience some Graston-induced inflammation during my race, which would be as bad as normal ITBS.

Ball of Fury

I think Jedi is using it right now, isn't he?

Why does noone seem to use Daniel'S plan?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15