Ball of Fury

Onemile:  your trip sounds awesome!

MDawg:  DH and I are in for Dopey 2015!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Josh - gorgeous pic! Good luck at PT!

Cbus - feel better!

Damaris - thanks. So are you registering for MCM?

Sprinkles - yes it was the #1 name for my birth year. My mom was very creative! Wink

mdawg - pics, of course! same for when you go to Aruba!

Yeah it was like #1 or #2 in 1983, which is the year I was born.  My mom has a very unusual name so she wanted to give me a super common one.  Just me and all the Jessicas and Laurens over here lol.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

70 minutes of torture.  It was too much effort but yes.

Josh - gorgeous pic! Good luck at PT!

Cbus - feel better!

Damaris - thanks. So are you registering for MCM?

Sprinkles - yes it was the #1 name for my birth year. My mom was very creative! Wink

mdawg - pics, of course! same for when you go to Aruba!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

White Lightning

PT did not go very well today. I could barely walk when I left her office and I couldn't complete some very simple strength exercises.  Think I need to re-think my overall goals.

Play the Game Hard!

cmb4314

So, went to the doctor today, and all looks good, so I start PT tomorrow.  5 more weeks before I will be walking with full weight and no boot, but at least I'm starting something.  They said that with the syndesmosis tear (aka, high ankle sprain), I need to ease back into weight bearing very slowly.

Yeah it was like #1 or #2 in 1983, which is the year I was born.  My mom has a very unusual name so she wanted to give me a super common one.  Just me and all the Jessicas and Laurens over here lol.

We are roughly the same age then, I was born in '83 as well.

I never thought about Lauren being common, but now that I think about it there were three in my graduating class of ~200.  Two of them ended up with nicknames since they were all in a similar social circle.

My first name (Christina) is common theoretically, but I don't seem to meet any of them.   I just looked it up and it too was a lot more popular in the 80's, but it was consistently in the #15-20 range for most of the decade.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Docket_Rocket

Good news overall, cmb.  Good luck with PT.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

My name was apparently very popular in PR in 1975 because at least 4 in my classroom had the same name.  My mom said nobody had it that she knew and she believed it was special...until it wasn't.  My name is also in the bible (not that I follow it).  I love how Americans try to pronounce it.  It ends up sounding like demerit.  LOL

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

CMB- Yeah there were a lot of Christinas, Christines, Kristins, Kristens, Laurens, Jennifers and Jessicas where I went to school.  Pretty much everyone was a derivation of that name.  In college they gave my debate teammates (nerd alert) the names Jennifer 1.0, 2.0, etc. Today they still call my "1.0" because why bother.  We had 4 Laurens and 7 Jennifers in my class of 227!

So, went to the doctor today, and all looks good, so I start PT tomorrow.  5 more weeks before I will be walking with full weight and no boot, but at least I'm starting something.  They said that with the syndesmosis tear (aka, high ankle sprain), I need to ease back into weight bearing very slowly.

We are roughly the same age then, I was born in '83 as well.

I never thought about Lauren being common, but now that I think about it there were three in my graduating class of ~200.  Two of them ended up with nicknames since they were all in a similar social circle.

My first name (Christina) is common theoretically, but I don't seem to meet any of them.   I just looked it up and it too was a lot more popular in the 80's, but it was consistently in the #15-20 range for most of the decade.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

mdawg87

Onemile:  your trip sounds awesome!

MDawg:  DH and I are in for Dopey 2015!

My DH has this crazy idea of 2014 for us.  I'm thinking if we try it, it wouldn't be until 2015.  But he knows all he has to do is say he's going to do it in 2014 and I won't be able to resist signing up either.  It would be 4 days of easy running for me.  No way I'd think of racing any of that.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

My DH has this crazy idea of 2014 for us.  I'm thinking if we try it, it wouldn't be until 2015.  But he knows all he has to do is say he's going to do it in 2014 and I won't be able to resist signing up either.  It would be 4 days of easy running for me.  No way I'd think of racing any of that.

I will be honest in that I pushed for 2014, but we already have a Disney trip booked for 11 nights in December of this year, so it was just too much!

onemile

Sprinkles - Looks like you're a year younger than me Smile

Josh - sorry the Pt didn't go well.

Damaris - you are the only person I know with your name!

Question for you guys... I want to practice taking gel on my MP run tomorrow because so far I have not used anything in training and want to practice before race day.  How often do you gel during a marathon?

Ball of Fury

One mile:  I take a gel every 5 miles in a marathon, mostly because its easy for me to remember.  What kind are you using?  Have you taken gels before?  I only ask because Gu brand gives me some REALLY bad gi distress, so I take Honey Stingers.  But, I know several people who hate Honey Stingers....it's very individual.

mdawg87

Sprinkles - Looks like you're a year younger than me Smile

Josh - sorry the Pt didn't go well.

Damaris - you are the only person I know with your name!

Question for you guys... I want to practice taking gel on my MP run tomorrow because so far I have not used anything in training and want to practice before race day.  How often do you gel during a marathon?

I take one every 5 to 5.5 miles.  Plus I always carry extra just in case I need a jolt of energy after mile 20-21.

mdawg87

I will be honest in that I pushed for 2014, but we already have a Disney trip booked for 11 nights in December of this year, so it was just too much!

I'm hoping to do a fall marathon this year and qualify for Boston.  I'm just not sure running almost 50 miles in 4 days is a good thing to do a few weeks/months after.  Not sure of the marathon yet so maybe it would be far enough out to be okay.

I take one every 5 to 5.5 miles.  Plus I always carry extra just in case I need a jolt of energy after mile 20-21.

What are you using to carry them? I have a small built in pocket in my running shorts but only one fits. So I usually stow one and carry one. i haven't found belt that I can use, yet. So, just curious, what are the other donuts doing for storage?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27