Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

White Lightning

Afternoon everyone.  I usually don’t sleep very well at night but I do get a good 30 minute nap in most days.

Indi – Gumbo is one of the reasons I became a Chef, the pride and passion that go into a pot is tough to compare to.  That and my grandma’s buttermilk biscuits

Jedi – nice splits, can’t wait to see your hard work rewarded with your race

Roll – good luck with the sinus junk.  I used to get them pretty bad but I’m pretty religious with my sinus rinses now

Mdawg – glad you are starting to get more miles in.  What do you think of the book so far?

Flinders – wow, way to crank it out.  Makes me a bit excited to run mine this summer

Amik – glad you made it out

Onemile/docket – Great 16’s!!

Cbus - ????????

Me – 12 mile’s done at 9:30 with almost dead even splits, felt fantastic.  Entire run was at 70% HHR and my last 6 mile lap my HR’s were lower than my first.  That last lap just settled in real nicely.  Recovery miles tomorrow then, in my mind, the real work begins with week 7.  Focusing very hard on my diet and I think I've pushed through the plateau after about 2 months

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Isn't that what got me and jedi in trouble over there? Joking

Was also thinking about him earlier!  Don't feel bad though One mile....we are hear to support one another, but that doesn't mean everything we have to say is always positive!  Part of supporting one another is telling the truth and I think this group really appreciates honesty!  Having said that, I hope he is ok and got some rest!

But I agree with everything you've said.

Hoping Cbus is just taking a breather to get 100% healthy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Yep, but not in here!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Damaris stirring the pot yet again!SmileRoll eyes

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

Pffftt, shush! Joking

Damaris stirring the pot yet again!SmileRoll eyes

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

onemile - Great job on the Hanson 16.I feel same way on easy runs now with all the quality stuff.

I felt really good but coming off only running 8 miles last 2 days so that was definitely factored in. Not easy, but comfortably hard. I just really wanted to test out a few miles to see how that pace felt on the course. Not big believer in doing any heavy-duty quality once you cross the 10 days out to race. Not going to gain any fitness at that point in time for race. Big confidence booster today and makes me think I might be conservative with the sub1:38 goal, but course is hilly so I am going to stick to the plan and see what comes on race day. Frederick has always been the main goal race anyway. Be really happy with a 1:36-1:37 and probably go out of mind if I run under 1:36.Smile So excited for race though as it's my favorite one to do as it's my hometown race (I live literally 5min from start) and a return to my first ever race.

jedi - awesome job on the HMP miles. Very speedy!  How did it feel?  Last fall, I did 4 at HMP just to get a feel for if I thought I could do it and it was super hard. But race day magic made it happen for 13.1.  I love race day magic.  That is why time trials just don't work. I am guessing you agree with me on that point.  Wink

Flinders - if you end up running Frederick let's make plans to meet-up before the race. Go to their Facebook page. they are running contest if you like page and make your profile pic their logo until March 15th.Lot of people have told me it is a great course to PR on.

Roll - sorry about sinus infection

mdawg - super 6 on the mill

AmiK - I am tired of the crap weather too, but seems to be getting better here. When I have to take running gloves off on a run is always a good sign.Smile

cbus - hope you're just taking it easy

indi - I slept extra last nite too.Smile

DR - rocking 16.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Flinders - how did I miss this in your post. Nice job on the 5k PR. Basically did same thing last year too. Nice time.

IRace this morning.  I was inspired by our ribbing of Cbus to sign up for a  5K, and was able to find one that was close by and cheap.  I raced it.  I PR'd, and now I don't have to race another 5K again for at least six months. The ball is now in your court, CbusSmile It hurt like hell, but I didn't see spots or hurl, but I was queasy for the last half mile.  The return on the out-and-back course was cruel because we had a headwind.  I don't think I got as much benefit from the tailwind going out as the headwind took away on the way back. One of the competitive local clubs was out in force today, so the overall winner ran a 15:16 and the women's winner a 17:36. I think I finished somewhere about 50th or so overall.

Finished in 20:46, according to the watch, or 6:40 average pace.  Close to a full minute PR from the one I set in September.

Run to the race was 3.1 miles @ 8:46; Run home was 3.1 miles @ 9:06.

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Jedi:  It's funny...I ran in 2 pair gloves today...but I am a wimp when it comes to cold!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

AmiK - I've been more of a wimp this year about cold than previous winters. I'm just getting old I guess.:P

Jedi:  It's funny...I ran in 2 pair gloves today...but I am a wimp when it comes to cold!

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

People just keep telling me that I need to eat a cheeseburger and I won't be cold anymore....lol!!

AmiK - I've been more of a wimp this year about cold than previous winters. I'm just getting old I guess.:P

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Hey everyone: It's been a crazy week - I missed 5 of the miles this week on Tuesday when I had to do half of my 10 miler to get work early- its been nuts- I shut down the time entry system with a 16 hour day and still made all of my runs besides that.  I'm lucky I haven't gained 20 lbs from the 220 hours I billed this month- holy hours, batman.

New migraine medication is messing with my sleep - think I need to switch the timing of that- grr.  I am so tired.  Went to veg food festival today and there was NO FOOD. Lame.

Today - 7 miles GA - set my watch to beep if I went faster than 9:00.  It beeped for 6 miles. Picked up DH at mile 6 and he told me he would show me how to do strides (former track runner).  Third stride = asthma attack.  I guess strides and sprinting are different.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Feel better, Sprinkles!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

cmb4314

Happy weekend, folks.

I'm glad I'm inspiring people to be positive, though it's a bit ironic, because this weekend I've been the grumpiest and whiniest I've been since getting injured.  I think it's just starting to wear on me, physically and mentally.

I haven't read or posted in like, 3 days, so bear with my short personals from what I remember reading Smile

Cbus - hope you feel better soon, and that some rest does you well.

Roll - hope that your sinus infection clears up quickly and stays up there in your head.  Chest cold is always the worst.

Onemile and Docket - nice job on the 16s

Jedi - enjoy the taper up to your half.  Sounds like you're going to do great.

Flinders - nice PR on the 5K!

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Trail Monster

Josh, nice 12!

Jedi, good luck!

Great race Flinders!

Sprinkles, I'm with you! Too many hours and germs!

I am sick again... Sinuses this time. I missed Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday with the stomach flu. Now I am hoping I can do my 14 tomorrow without dying. DayQuil isn't even touching it. I'm also dealing with some RD BS and that whole story is on my blog. It's all just stupid stuff lately!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Sorry I haven't checked in, til now. My brother flew into town, so we've just hangin out. Ended up taking a URD yesterday AND today. Will go on a run tomorrow with my bro, but it won't be the scheduled 10.

Flinders, congrats on the 5K. That's blistering fast!

Onemile, don't feel bad! I appreciate your pushing. But I'm a big boy, so it's my decision at the end of the day. When I got home, I still felt terrible, and so I didn't even bother. As far as sleep, I agree: it'd help a lot if I could get a few more hours of sleep. Unfortunately, with the kids, it's easier said than done.

Sprink and Banshee, get well!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)