Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

mdawg87

8 easy miles at 9:45 pace this morning.  Furthest I have run since my injury.  Yay me!  Good times at the NCAA BB party last nIght.  Ohio State losing was somewhat of a shock, but they just flat got outplayed by Witchita State.  I don't think WSU will have the same result in the Final Four as they will face the winner of today's Duke/Louisville game.

Roll:  No, the Dawgs aren't playing, but we love March Madness.  The tournament is a lot of fun...and an excuse to have a party!  Atlanta proper down by the Georgia Dome will be a madhouse next weekend.  We're excited to go to the games!

Sprinkles and Amik:  Feel better!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

AmiK- Feel better! Sounds like we have something similar.  I was up all night coughing and have basically gone deaf in my right ear.  I can't believe it is only 10:30 AM because it feels like it is an eternity since I have been awake. I had to work yesterday and it was miserable.  SEems like flu season #2 is underway.

DTF- He appeared to have arrived and left the class alone.  Totally wanted to be incognito and it seemed like people respected that because no one really mobbed him.  I would have never guessed it was Bradley Cooper had someone not pointed him out, because I couldn't see his face really, just the side profile, because someone's head was blocking my view of the front of the room.

Mdawg- Thanks

I've been coming up with schedule rearrangements all day- worst case, I run 13 during the week, and 18 on the weekend when I am feeling better.  I stepped down so far by going from Pfitz to HH INt. 1 that I can basically screw around and skip all the cutback weeks and still make 2 20 mile runs before the marathon.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

White Lightning

I made a very hard sleepless decision last night and decided that i'm not going to try to break my sub-4 in my May marathon and set my November race as the new goal.  I'm still struggling with my left quad and its just not getting better so to ensure my running career keeps moving forward, i'm going to back off on my mileage.  I knew I should have done this last week but it's hard because I know I have the will and the energy to push through training but I just don't have the legs i'm looking for yet.  So i'm going to back off and get to a comfortable 30 mpw and slowly build up and hold 50 before the start of my next cycle and give it another go.  It will give me the opportunity to work on my strength training and get me down to my goal weight and the best shape of my life by the time of my November race.  I'm not sure what i'm going to do in May, either run the race for fun and not be too worried about it or bump down to the half.  I'll know better in the next month or so.

On a positive note, i've lost 11-12 pounds over a 7 week period since following Fitzgerald.  About to take another load of clothes I've barely worn to the goodwill.  17 pounds to go

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I slept 9 hours.  Planning on a run tonight but not sure of how long.  I feel better at least.

DTF, thanks for asking.  She has lost some weight (which is good since she was 5lbs over her goal) but she has recovered somewhat.  She is still not playing or running but she caught a cold so hoping once that is out she will be better.

Hope everybody has a great day.

AmiK, feel better.

mdawg, nice run.

Sprinkles, do what you can and don't stress over it.

joshlynn, hope your quad feels better.  Your time will come.  Keep getting better and running and good luck.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Finally ran today. 7 easy @ 8:58 (fast ish finish). I felt fat. And bloated. But mostly fat.

Hope everyone who's sick is feeling better.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Trail Monster

Get well soon Ami!

Nice run mdawg!

Sorry to hear about your quad Joshlynn. Congrats on the weightloss though!

Docket, hope you had a good run!

Cbus - nice fat run!

I ran a 30k race yesterday averaged 10:05 pace for it. Then continued on to 22 miles much slower and averaged 10:25 overall. I felt perfectly fine and could have kept going. How can I average a faster pace than my marathon while purposely holding myself back and feeling good but I can't do that on (goal) race day? SMH!

3 miles recovery tonight. I think it was around 10:35 average. Total of 41.3 miles for the week. Should be back in the 50's this week.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

I did have a good run!  I did 9 with 4 @ MP, slower than my normal MP but after an 18 miler I cannot expect to be flying, right?

Hope everybody has a great weekend.  I hope work is not horrible this week.  I need a break.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page