Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Rusk Runner

Good to hear from you cbus.  Hope you have figured things out and are feeling better.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Ball of Fury

CBus:  good to see you...enjoy the time wiour your brother!

I am headed out for my 10-miler now and seriously, as soon as I put on my shoes, it started snowing...again!  It is 26 and feels like 20....boo!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Thanks, everyone!

Ami: Hope your 10 today goes well!

Docket and onemile:  Nice 16s yesterday!

Josh: nice 12!

Sprinkles: hope you feel better!  And, yes, wow about the hours.  It's those sorts of months that make me hesitate when I think about going into private practice.

Banshee: Feel, better, too!

Cbus: Enjoy the downtime!

Indy: glad the 5 easy went well.  How's the gumbo?

Jedi:  I'll let you know about Frederick.  At this point, it is probably about a 25% chance that I'll be able to run it.  As for the course, I thought it was fair, but not a PR course.  There were a couple of long pulls uphill in the second half that would sap your energy if you were trying to PR.  That being said, I did PR the course, but I think mine was due more to better pacing and more consistent training leading up to the race than anything else.  (However, I don't regularly run in hilly terrain, so if you're used to it, the hills might not be an issue).  One note of caution is that they finish on the racetrack at the county fairgrounds -- if the ground isn't soft, there will be lots of hoof marks baked into the dirt from the harness races they run there.  I found I had to slow down quite a bit to make sure I didn't turn an ankle on that last stretch to the finish.

Me:  Long run this morning. 13.16 @ 8:34 average pace.  Thought about going for a full 16, but gusting and swirling wind sapped any motivation I had to stretch the run out -- I had headwinds going out and coming back, so it was really annoying.

That gives me 46.3 for the week.  February was 191, which is a monthly mileage PR by about ten.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Ball of Fury

Indy:  Hope you had a nice LR today!

Flinders:  Nice run...especially the day after your 5K PR!

I actually enjoyed my snowy run quite a bit today!  It wasn't windy at all until the last 2 miles, so those kinda sucked but otherwise, there were nice big snowflakes and it was very pretty.  It was slick in a few spots and I actually had to change my route at one point because a motorist stopped to tell me he had seen a runner ahead of me on the trail slip, fall, and injure himself!  I had just gotten to that trail so was grateful he stopped to tell me.  Overall, legs felt really good...ended up doing a mile wu, 9 miles @ 8:58, and 0.6 miles cd.  Wanted to get to even 11 but ran out of time...DH had some sort of orienteering meet/race he was doing that started at 11.  Hope everyone is having a fabulous Sunday!  I am being very lazy now!

34 at the start of the half marathon this AM at 6:30. brrr Didnt go as planned. the McDonalds where i normally get my pre-run oatmeal was not open (weird) so i scrambled to the next one. This meant that I ate 30-45 minutes before the race and it stuck with me the entire race. Never got into the groove that I have been on my recent runs. Great weather after the sun came up mid 40's maybe, and sunny. For some reason i had it in the back of my mind that i would drop below 1:50 and still think thats very doable but didnt today. 1:51:15 whcih I'll take (PR by 3 minutes). there were 1110 runners. I placed 24 in the AG and 147 in the open field.

24th....147th....8:40/m front......8:23/m back......1:51:15 chip time

<colgroup><col width="17" /> <col width="25" /> <col width="73" /> <col width="25" /> <col width="17" /> <col width="17" /> <col width="50" /> <col width="48" /> <col width="17" /> <col width="50" /> <col width="48" /> <col width="50" /> <col width="62" /> <col width="62" /></colgroup>

ROLLCAST

56:18.0

8:40/M

54:57.9

8:23/M

36:48.1

1:51:15.9

1:51:20.7

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys!  I ran on the technical trail with the ultra group today.  Lots of technical sections so the pace was super slow but I had a lot of fun and I did not fall, woot!

Cbus, glad you checked in and glad you're relaxing this weekend with your brother.

AmiK, nice run!

Flinders, nice LR.

Rollast, congrats!  Great time!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Way to go on your PR Rollcast!  A PR is a celebration any day, any time.

Glad you enjoyed your run Amik, and be careful out there.

Flinders, gumbo got cancelled.  DW's grandmother had a massive stroke and we had to put her in the nearby nursing home.  Been a little tough on that front here.

Good run today.  Warm ups/progression miles of 8:55, 42, 27.  14 miles @ GMP minus 10 for 8:05 average pace.  1 mile cool down of 9:35.

Total ascent on todays run comes to about 2500 ft or so.  Total ascent in my goal race is about 950 ft.  My heart rate averaged 165 which is within my marathon pace range.  Took in 1 gel 30 minutes prior to run and 1 gel every 4 miles.  Total of 30 ounces of water.

I think the training is going well.  Between now and taper, I still have quality workouts to do which should still help to better my VO2 max, and I plan to run my tune-up race days as tempo runs or slightly faster than GMP runs.  I cant be traveling and paying for tune up races when I am staring down furloughs and stuff.  I have to drive down to Pensacola on the 21st also.  Still, I am feeling fairly confident.

Just Run!!!

Ball of Fury

Congratulations Rollcast!  We now have the exact same HM pr...lol!  Docket, glad you enjoyed the trail run!

Rusk Runner

Docket - you popped in there while I was typing!  Sounds like fun.  There is a world class mountain bike trail near here which is open to running that I will be trying out this summer.  I am itching to get out there and try some trail running.

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

Roll - nice job on the PR

Amik - I'm glad you enjoyed it today.  I tried to get out, I mean really tried, but couldn't deal with the wind with the storm we are getting right now

Fliders - again great pace for 13 miles

Indi - great run, some very even splits.  Do you maintain the same pace going up and downhill?

Docket - glad you stayed upright

me - so thankful I got my 12 in yesterday as we are in an actual all out blizzard right now with winds over 20mph and dumping a ton of snow.  I actually got dressed and drove to town to brave the elements and just sat in my warm car for a few minutes.  Decided to drive back home and get on the TM instead to get in my 4 recovery miles but only ended up doing 3.  Think it was more mental than anything.  I may get back on it to get that extra mile later today.  Insult to injury just noticed my septic tank is frozen up for some reason and about to back up into the house, joy

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no!  Hope she gets better.

Way to go on your PR Rollcast!  A PR is a celebration any day, any time.

Glad you enjoyed your run Amik, and be careful out there.

Flinders, gumbo got cancelled.  DW's grandmother had a massive stroke and we had to put her in the nearby nursing home.  Been a little tough on that front here.

Good run today.  Warm ups/progression miles of 8:55, 42, 27.  14 miles @ GMP minus 10 for 8:05 average pace.  1 mile cool down of 9:35.

Total ascent on todays run comes to about 2500 ft or so.  Total ascent in my goal race is about 950 ft.  My heart rate averaged 165 which is within my marathon pace range.  Took in 1 gel 30 minutes prior to run and 1 gel every 4 miles.  Total of 30 ounces of water.

I think the training is going well.  Between now and taper, I still have quality workouts to do which should still help to better my VO2 max, and I plan to run my tune-up race days as tempo runs or slightly faster than GMP runs.  I cant be traveling and paying for tune up races when I am staring down furloughs and stuff.  I have to drive down to Pensacola on the 21st also.  Still, I am feeling fairly confident.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Better than pooped....

This one is an advanced running/mountain biking trail.  Very touch and I love it.

Docket - you popped in there while I was typing!  Sounds like fun.  There is a world class mountain bike trail near here which is open to running that I will be trying out this summer.  I am itching to get out there and try some trail running.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Indy:  Fantastic run today!  So sorry to hear about DW's grandmother!

Josh:  I wouldn't even have tried to go out in that!

mdawg87

Good afternoon!  Late check in for me.  We've had a busy day catching up after being on vacation last weekend.  You know, fun stuff like house cleaning and grocery shopping.  1 hour of elliptical and stretching this morning at the gym.  Going back for a late afternoon yoga class around 5:30.

cbus:  Enjoy your time with your brother!  Hope the URDs are helpful.

josh:  I haven't read anymore since getting back from vacation.  However, DH and I are going to give it a test drive.  Overall, it's not too much of a change for us.  We already eat well, but the hidden calories and mental hunger games are something we can improve on.  Using his tables and calculations, DH has around 2 lbs to lose and I have 3-4.  How about you?  What are your thoughts?

cmb:  You have every right to be grumpy!  Hope you feel better soon.

indi:  So sorry about your DW's Grandmother.  Glad the training is going well.  You are going to be ready to rock it on race day.

Roll:  Celebrate that PR!  They are always an accomplishment!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Josh - Yes, same speed up, down, and flat, although it is the flat areas that I have to be careful with pace discipline.  I tend to creep up into faster zones on the flats and I really dont know why.

Just Run!!!