Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

akalei

Hey donuts Smile just stopping by quick. Weather was miserable today (so much for 60 and sunny), and family randomly decided they were going to drop by for dinner, which I was very happy to oblige.  But my run was limited to 6 nonetheless  Sad catch up this week... Daily lunch runs! Be thankful you don't work with/have to smell me! Joking

Ami: sorry to hear about your ITBS, but congrats on finishing! Stick a "26.2" magnet on your car proudly, girl! you rock Smile

docket: great negative split! i think I'm most excited to see your pics from the HM, not going to lie.

Mdawg: keep your head up!the elliptical stinks but patience >  long term injury.

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  I posted the RR and there are pics included.  I reposted here on this group for your viewing pleasure.

I'm off to cook dinner (back in Miami) so I'll see you tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Josh, Great to hear you are running pain free again.

Onemile, I dont know if your the type who does everything in one shoe, but if you race in lighter shoes, the Elixirs might be worth a look. If you're running in the Adrenaline, then the Elixir ain't gonna have the support you need for everyday training.

Simon, I love Persian food too.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Cbus- technically it was a real race, but I smashed my leg into a fence post being an idiot and kept calm, slogged on.

Just a little vent- but once I saw the gaggle of running blogger girls from Oiselle lining up to run their 10:00 miles I was just like, ugh...and stopped caring / taking it seriously.  I know that sounds mean but their arrogance and air of "everyone knows our blogs" is infuriating.  The race photographer was a blog girl and stopped taking pics at 1:40:00 so my friends got no pics of them running (because that is when the last "blogger" #fitfluential chick crossed the finish line. I like humble bloggers not "humblebraggers".  PS ... Roga shorts are NOT attractive.

A teammate of mine, who is legit #fitfluential, but doesn't hashtag her days away won the race in 1:05 for the ladies.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

AmiK, Congrats and I am jealous. i was supposed to run my first marathon today but had to defer my entry a couple of weeks ago due to a toe injury. My friend PRed on her 10th Houston 26.2 with a 3:57Tight lippedx. I ran some of my long runs with her and her Kenyan Way group in Houston.

Docket - nice race

Josh - painless in 2013!

Mdowg - its temporary

Sprinkles - sounds worthy f a vent

Simon - Mediterranean food rocks.

Donuts - nice runs and looks like strong pace times.

me - very light week seeing as though i only had a couple of days to run after trhe cruise. 3 miles to test the toe on Thursday, 3 miles the next day to confirm said toe is okay and 5 miles at an easy pace today (trying to ease back in to a decent mileage to reduce risk of repeating injury). Pics in the running pic thread, nothing special.

P.S. the Texans came up short. Fire Kubiak, Marciano and Shaub. This is coming from the best "armchair" QB in NFL AND NCAA.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

Sprinkles, what? You don't like the Rundies? On a serious note, I can see your training log now.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Congrats to Damaris and Ami at Disney. Way to get it done.

Decent LR for me yesterday at 13.7 miles. Legs felt good considering tempo run day before. 54 miles for the week so really happy with a solid week of mileage with 2 quality days. Ran a really easy 8+ this morning and legs a bit fatigued from runs this weekend, but it's Monday and that;s to be expected.Smile Original plan this week was to race a 5k on Saturday, but oldest DD has dance competition so that got nixxed quick. I'll revert my week back to the 3 quality days Daniels plans for this week.

Good running all!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Trail Monster

Cbus- technically it was a real race, but I smashed my leg into a fence post being an idiot and kept calm, slogged on.

Just a little vent- but once I saw the gaggle of running blogger girls from Oiselle lining up to run their 10:00 miles I was just like, ugh...and stopped caring / taking it seriously.  I know that sounds mean but their arrogance and air of "everyone knows our blogs" is infuriating.  The race photographer was a blog girl and stopped taking pics at 1:40:00 so my friends got no pics of them running (because that is when the last "blogger" #fitfluential chick crossed the finish line. I like humble bloggers not "humblebraggers".  PS ... Roga shorts are NOT attractive.

A teammate of mine, who is legit #fitfluential, but doesn't hashtag her days away won the race in 1:05 for the ladies.

I hope I don't come off that way! I am a FF ambassador but I don't have the time to spend hours on social media per day and I also don't think anyone knows my blog that hasn't run with me in person. I know I'm slow and not that talented. My only claim to fame is being stubborn enough not to quit.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

mdawg87

Good morning!  SRD for me. More cross training and another sports doc appointment tomorrow.  DH and I ended up getting sucked into the Seattle/Atlanta playoff game yesterday.  Talk about a heart attack ending.  Happy Matt Ryan and Tony Gonzales got their first playoff win.  Tough NFC championship match up next Sunday to be sure.  That San Francisco QB is the real deal.

AmiK:  Be proud of your accomplishment.  I feel your pain knowing you had it in you, but your body wouldn't cooperate.  You will come back stronger for the next attempt.  Take the time to get healthy and you'll be able to train well for #2.  And I second cbus, look into getting Graston done.

Docket:  Congrats to you as well.  Will read your RR later.  Sounds like your asthma cooperated?

akalei:  Yeah, the weather's gone downhill for us in Atlanta too.  Rain the next few days and cooler temps.  Blah...

Sprinkles:  Since you brought it up, that's why I was asking Banshee her opinion of running bloggers.  Those seem to be the type I've met as well.  They get in the way trying to take pictures, etc.  I'm sure there are many fine ones out there (like Banshee), I've just not run across them yet.

Banshee:  You do NOT come across that way, which was why I wanted your opinion.  I figured there had to be more like you out there!

Jedi:  Hi there!  I don't think I've officially greeted you yet.  Are you in Virginia?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

akalei

Banshee:  speaking for myself, you definitely don't come off as anything but awesome.  You're what FF is supposed to be about!

Jedi: I also just realized that you're in Chambersburg, PA (right?)... I venture down there every now and then to go to the Runner's Sole.  Best LRS (local-ish... it's almost an hour drive for me) I've ever been to.  Rick is the man!

So I have a question for everyone: how do you guys feel about people running with dogs off their leash, so long as the dog doesn't bother with you?  DH, pup, and I were out for a run yesterday, and pup is well-trained to stay right by DH's side.  So we're running along and we encounter another young couple, the first people we saw in about a mile, and we didn't bother to put pup back on his leash because of said training.  I dropped back behind those two so the other couple could get by, and after they passed DH, the guy starts shaking his head like he's seriously ticked off, I'm assuming because pup wasn't on the leash (don't know what else it could be), and I'm assuming so that I would notice his taking offense to my dog.  Pup never so much as looked at the guy or his wife--he knows what he's supposed to do on a run.  I just kind of thought the guy was generally miserable and took it out on us, because he and his girlfriend/wife both looked miserable, but it made me wonder whether this is a serious issue to people.  I was also surprised because I kind of expect this from older people maybe, and in those cases, and when we're passing someone, pup goes back on the leash.  I just kind of assumed that nobody would care given the fact that Alby runs right on by.  Obviously it really bothered me and now I want to know if I'm a jerk.

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Yes, Runner's Sole great store and Rick is the man. He is doing mileage contest on Strava this year with prizes for winners each month. He is also putting on a 24hr race this May. http://www.solechallenge24.com/

You should venture down to Chambersburg and race the HM on March 9th. It's my favorite race as it was my first one when I started running.

Oh and and runnign with dogs offleash i am a culprit of that. i run with my dog Diz usually just around block as my warm-up and time i usually run no one up anyway. I've run longer with her, but leash her if i do as too many idiots behind the wheel not too. I really would like to run a 5k with here this year.

Jedi: I also just realized that you're in Chambersburg, PA (right?)... I venture down there every now and then to go to the Runner's Sole.  Best LRS (local-ish... it's almost an hour drive for me) I've ever been to.  Rick is the man! 

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Banshee:  speaking for myself, you definitely don't come off as anything but awesome.  You're what FF is supposed to be about!

So I have a question for everyone: how do you guys feel about people running with dogs off their leash, so long as the dog doesn't bother with you?  DH, pup, and I were out for a run yesterday, and pup is well-trained to stay right by DH's side.  So we're running along and we encounter another young couple, the first people we saw in about a mile, and we didn't bother to put pup back on his leash because of said training.  I dropped back behind those two so the other couple could get by, and after they passed DH, the guy starts shaking his head like he's seriously ticked off, I'm assuming because pup wasn't on the leash (don't know what else it could be), and I'm assuming so that I would notice his taking offense to my dog.  Pup never so much as looked at the guy or his wife--he knows what he's supposed to do on a run.  I just kind of thought the guy was generally miserable and took it out on us, because he and his girlfriend/wife both looked miserable, but it made me wonder whether this is a serious issue to people.  I was also surprised because I kind of expect this from older people maybe, and in those cases, and when we're passing someone, pup goes back on the leash.  I just kind of assumed that nobody would care given the fact that Alby runs right on by.  Obviously it really bothered me and now I want to know if I'm a jerk.

I have been chased, bitten and licked and it doesnt really bother me as long as the dog is trained to heel. It does become a huge issue when the dog darts towrd me while I am running simply because of past experiences. More of a concern is with the dog's safety, as a "dog" person I would feel terrible if the dog was struck by a vehicle while chasing a cat or squirrel. Youre not a jerk. If the dog doesnt bother anyone then there shouldnt be any issues. People are going to find something in life to be miserable about, its unfortunate.

I am still waiting to run with mine. He is old enough now but just had the neutering procedure done and now i have to wait another week or so.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

bagopux

So I have a question for everyone: how do you guys feel about people running with dogs off their leash, so long as the dog doesn't bother with you?

I don't mind, as long as the dog is under control.  Unfortunately, the vast majority of pet dogs are not trained well.  Honestly, I've seen some dogs that were more of a menace on a lead than others were off a lead.  Also depends on the type of dog.  If its some Boca hamster dog, then who cares, except that I might trip over it (which has happened and is kinda annoying).  But if its a breed that is potentially dangerous, then I've got a real problem with it.  I'd be really steamed if someone had a pit bull or a rotty or even a big German off-lead in a park with joggers and kids.  But a lab or a border collie?  Not so much.  My two huge park pet peeves:  Dogs that are not trained well (or at all) and cyclists with no helmets (especially parents not wearing helmets out cycling with their kids).

Rusk Runner

Morning Donuts! SRD for me today.

I dont quite know how to answer alot of the social interaction questions. I have never heard of fitfluential or most other runner blog stuff. Maybe staying away from larger races and living in the boondocks keeps me pretty uninformed.

I wouldnt mind a dog that is mindful and running with its owners. But again, I run alone where no others run.

Realistically speaking, 98% of my interaction with runners is right here on this forum. 1% is the very few runners that I know and the other 1% is during races.

Maybe thats why I am so chatty?

mdawg - that San Fran defense isnt exactly fiction either. They are chippy to say the least.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

mdawg87

Regarding dogs off a leash...

Having had a few encounters, I prefer all dogs on leashes (unless they're ankle biters like Bago references).  If I was running towards someone with an unleashed dog, I'd assume the dog was going to run towards me.  That's simply from past experiences.  I'm always on my guard because of being charged/run at before.  The worst of the two experiences was the friendly dog who did almost get hit by a car.  Thank goodness he wasn't.  From a liability standpoint, it's probably best to keep the dog leashed unless you're out in the sticks away from others.  I can see a nightmare scenario involving some child getting injured by falling over the dog, etc.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)