Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

Ami - you and your family are in my prayers.

banshee - sharp shooter? I am not gonna make you mad and take of running or it sounds like i'll just did tired. Seriously though, thank you for your service to our country.

zoe - don't kick for the face, they tend to get your foot that way, the chest or ribs usually stun dogs enough to let you put some distance between you and them. Or just ask Banshee to snipe themBig grin

sprinkles - nice TM

nachos - that's good news man

jedi - that's because the only other person that MAY be there at that hour is Indi

josh - nice run.

Mdawg - that sounds like confident progress

running is not cheap unless your like 12 yrs old. Butter Pecan or amaretto are my ice cream choices.

7 easy miles tonight. Just ran, no pace consideration, no set distance, no agenda other than enjoying 75 degrees and sunny.

9:54

8:59

9:32

9:24

9:11

8:54

8:44

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

mdawg - glad to hear your run this morning went well and you can start increasing your miles and pace.

bagopux - I hate it when owners can't control their dogs.  Ugh.  Nice job getting the hill sprints done though!

Amik - sorry for your loss.  Wishing you safe travels and hope you can sneak in a run or two.

cbus - great job on the tempo run! I find tempos harder to recover from than intervals too.

Banshee - sorry you had to cut your run short today. Sucks.

Sprinkles - get that winter gear so you can get off the TM!!  Nice job getting the miles done anyway though! Smile

braycon - nice job on the 6 easy

zoe - nice job on the intervals my Hansons buddy Smile

nachos - glad to hear you're feeling good and getting well.

Josh - nice job on the 9.5, especially after a hard leg workout.

rollcast - so jealous of your weather. And your paces! nice run tonight!

damaris - hope you are feeling less crabby :P

Got my 13 with 7 at GMP done.  It was hard enough but I'm starting to feel confident in my ability to complete all the Hansons workouts and not doubting myself so much.   My hip was getting a little sore toward the end, I think because of the road camber. Going to stick to my trail for the next few runs to avoid that.

Docket_Rocket

I actually ran the 10 and they were awesome.

Sorry for the lack of shoutouts.  Night!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

AmiK, sorry about your aunt.  I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Easy 5.4m miles this morning. Legs feeling really good today after yesterday's tempo run. Group run tomorrow which they are calling a Smorgasbord Run. You make the run whatever you want kind of thing. Prizes too. Interested to see what this is all about. Good luck to Damaris racing this weekend.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

cmb4314

Morning!

Some nice running happening around here!

AmiK - sorry to hear about your Aunt.  Saying a prayer for your family.

Bago - glad you didn't get bitten by the dog!

Mdawg - congrats on getting back to normal running!

I have 4 recovery miles tonight, and now I'm babying my IT band again, which hasn't really bothered me in a year and a half.  Sigh.  Felt fine at the end of my interval run on Tuesday, but about a mile into my MLR on Wednesday, I became very aware of it.  It wasn't altering my gait, but it just felt a little bit sore.  I slowed down the pace which made the pain go away, and it felt like things loosened up as I ran, but I've just had a bit of soreness since and now I'm paranoid.  I do think that some of it is just psychological, and that if I'd never been injured there before I wouldn't even be thinking it was sore right now because the soreness is so minimal.  But as it is, I am fully on IT band alert.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Rusk Runner

cmb - Hopefully it will just pass.

onemile - Nice run.  Your confidence is contagious, so thank you for that.

Roll -  Sounds like you had a fun, stress free run.

Jedi - Looking forward to hearing about the group run results.  Luck be with you, maybe you will win some running shoes.

Damaris - Keep up the good work, you maniac!

I am trying to figure out what to do.  I am supposed to do 10 miles this afternoon with 6 miles tempo.  I am at work now and it is starting to get a little slick on the roads (ice).  I guess if worse comes to worse I can try to get it done on the dreadmill which is driving me nuts just thinking about it.  Cruddy Buzzards, why cant the weather cooperate with my schedule?!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

indi - actually prizes are either comp entry to HM in march or 10k in dec. i say get on that TM. Not as bad as you might think especially it being a quality day.

cmb - Hopefully it will just pass.

onemile - Nice run.  Your confidence is contagious, so thank you for that.

Roll -  Sounds like you had a fun, stress free run.

Jedi - Looking forward to hearing about the group run results.  Luck be with you, maybe you will win some running shoes.

Damaris - Keep up the good work, you maniac!

I am trying to figure out what to do.  I am supposed to do 10 miles this afternoon with 6 miles tempo.  I am at work now and it is starting to get a little slick on the roads (ice).  I guess if worse comes to worse I can try to get it done on the dreadmill which is driving me nuts just thinking about it.  Cruddy Buzzards, why cant the weather cooperate with my schedule?!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

We've been getting pounded by snow all morning. But I got a 6 easy in nonetheless. Averaged 10:31. Pace was slower because of the snow, obviously.

Cmb, hopefully this ITBS goes away. In my experience, ITBS can come on suddenly like that. Get on that foam roller!

Happy running all!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

cmb4314

Hey all,

We've been getting pounded by snow all morning. But I got a 6 easy in nonetheless. Averaged 10:31. Pace was slower because of the snow, obviously.

Cmb, hopefully this ITBS goes away. In my experience, ITBS can come on suddenly like that. Get on that foam roller!

Happy running all!

I have been foam rolling lots - everything feels nice and happy after I foam roll.  I have found in the past that too much foam rolling actually makes me worse, though.  I get tightness at the IT band insertion point kind of near the bottom of my knee pretty regularly, and when I feel that happening I always roll it out.  Usually, that's once a week, and I stretch the area every time I run.  I half wonder if I got overzealous rolling it on Tuesday and that's part of why it's sore.

More likely, it's that I have a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspires that I've been wearing for shorter runs for quite a while now, but they are probably not ideally supportive enough for my twisty right leg (which is why I don't wear them for longer stuff).  Now that a) my legs are tired from 14 weeks of hard training and b) the shoes are getting a little bit old, I would not be surprised if running in them is putting too much strain on my IT band from the pronation.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

One mile- Thanks...yeah my balaclava is coming in the mail from amazon, lol. I need it. This weekend is goign to be freezing, and I'll be in the suburbs, so its just two more treadmill runs before I get outside. At least I can retrieve my winter running gear at my parents' house. URD for me- I was supposed to do weights but overslept this morning and thought the boss was coming in. Turns out I was early and he did not come in. I'll do 13 tomorrow and then 5 on Sunday- its worked out better for me to do my LR on the Saturday not the Sunday, so I can go out later on Saturday nights.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

White Lightning

Afternoon everyone, enjoying my rest day but sucks that its 41F outside right now and we have high's of 3F coming in a couple of days when I have runs scheduled, joyfulness.......  Might need to make some changes early next week.  Looking forward to Shoulder's and Arms later tonight.

cmb - sorry about the ITB.

indi - if you don't mind me asking, what's your MHR?  I was looking through some of your workouts getting an idea of the effort I should be putting into my runs.  I'm trying to figure if i'm pushing myself hard enough, or too hard, etc...  Do you follow Pfitz's guideline HR's at all?

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Busy day today so I'll be quick.  I'll do 6 recovery miles later tonight.

Hope everybody is doing well.

cmb, sorry about the ITBS.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

Hey guys!

Nice job on the 10 Damaris!

Jedi - smorgasbord implies food to me. Sounds like it should be fun Smile

cmb - hope the ITB is just a little warning to keep up the stretching and foam rolling.  I found the Inspires are much less supportive than the Adrenalines, so much that I can't wear them.  Maybe take them out of your rotation for a bit.

indiana - hope you can get outside and the weather conditions allow your run!

cbus - nice job of busting out 6 in the snow!

josh - enjoy the nice temps while they last!

Just 6 easy for me tonight. I'm a bit sore from last night's run so it will be nice and slow tonight.

Rusk Runner

cbus - good job getting out in the snow for that run.  Sometimes I think the weather makes things a little more enjoyable just for the change.  When it doesnt make things more dangerous anyway.

Josh - my max HR is around 195.  I keep my runs on the high end  of all of Pfitz recommended HRs.  I may be a bit in error however since I know my resting HR is lower than it was when I did my original HRR calculations.  Let me know if you see something in error.  God knows I suck at math.

Got my run done outside.  2 miles w/u @ 9:18 pace, 6 miles tempo @ 7:34 pace, 2 miles c/d @ 9:37 pace.  HR was about 3 bpm fast on tempo but I always allow for that due to hills.  I was miserable during the tempo portion of my run today and wanted to quit every mile.  I had a high protien lunch and my stomach was screaming at me every step of the way.  I gutted it out, no pun intended, and was happy that I did so, but man oh man that was a miserable experience.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!