Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

I'm back!

I got in 7.8 @ 9:15ish this morning.  It was about 27 or so, and we got a dusting of snow last night, so I got to run in it for the first time in two years.  Wasn't bad; it was pretty dry, so traction was good and all of the streets were clear.  I don't envy those of you for whom this weather is "warm."

I will spend some time going back through the five hundred pages of chatter that I missed.

I need to spend some time this weekend figuring out where I stand, racing wise for this year.  I'm planning on downgrading to the half in the race I signed up for in March, seeing as I haven;t run more than 30 miles per week in a very long while.  I could finish a full right now, but I'd like to be able to walk a bit over the course of the following days.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

Glad you're back!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 6 easy @ 9;47 pace. The bike paths were mostly clear, so the run wasnt too bad. But I feel a little beat down from yesterday's snow run. I also wore my new balaclava today. It works like a charm, except it fogs up my glasses pretty bad. Anyone have a fix for that? DTF, you said you cut a mouth slit--does that help?

Flinders, welcome back!

Happy running all!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Welcome back Flinders! 8.55m with running group with all guys with faster marathon PRs than me. Helped me push myself a bit. We had a game of predict your finish time. I was off by 2:06 with 1:12:56 and predicted 1:15. Winner won comped entry to HM in March.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

mdawg87

I'm here too!  No late night for me last night.  Those days are long gone for the mdawgs!  However, we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary.  Still won't be out late though.  We get up so early all the time to train before work that 7am is considered sleeping in.  Anyway, 1 hour on the stepmill and stretching at the gym this morning.  looking forward to my 4 TM miles tomorrow.

Sprinkles:  Er...Buffalo Wild Wings?  Is he a sports fan or something?  That would make sense if so.  I can't remember what I did for my 30th birthday.  Probably because it was so long ago...

Flinders:  welcome back!  I've got to figure out my race calendar for the rest of the year too.  I'm kinda hesitant to start yet though.  I want to make sure I'm fully healed before getting excited about racing again.

Docket:  good luck tomorrow.  Are you running the half or full?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

braycon

Flinders - nice to "see" you again!

I did 6 easy on the treadmill this morning - about 9 min pace.  Today felt great.  Last evening (4 on the TM) was awful.  No idea what's up with that.  Post-marathon stress disorder, maybe?

I'm obviously a far bigger baby about the cold than Cbus, but I may head out to the trail tomorrow morning and do and easy 8 - 10.  Six miles at a time is about all I can handle on the TM.  Traveling to NC/SC the first three days of this week on business and hoping to get in a couple runs in slightly warmer air...

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Indiana- Safe to say 3 AM runs on any road will not be happening in my lifetime.

Flinders- Welcome back!

Docket- keep the good runs comin'!

Mdawg- nope, not a sports fan...I think his wife just thinks that because they have a child, they have to be dull now...which is just ridiculous because plenty of our friends have kids and are still a ton of fun to be around.

Me- 13 mi w/ 8 at mp today - on a treadmill because the roads are icy- at least I went to the gym with my father in law - good bonding time.

Miles 1-3 warmup @ 9:31 pace

Miles 4-8 MP @ 8:34-8:45 pace

Mile 9  @ 9:31 pace (I was dying and thirsty)

Mile 10 @ 8:34

Mile 11 @ 8:45

Mile 12: @ 8:55

It got a little rough there- the top of my left ankle feels a little creaky so i'm trying to stretch it out.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Trail Monster

Great running all and welcome back JC!

We got hit with a big snowstorm yesterday and had no internet until a few minutes ago. Ran 12-ish today at around 10:40 pace. Not sure of the exact numbers. I ran 0.7 on my own and then 3 5k loops with a group which is where a guy begged my Garmin off me to see how fast he could run the loop. So I ran 2 loops without it and then got it back and ran down a big, long hill to the trail and ran another 1+ with DH. There was about 4-6" of snow on the trail and it was really hard to run in! DH did 11 miles of post-holing in the snow. I'm glad I chose to run the road route even if it was a lot hillier!

I'll be back to catch up on personals later if our internet stays on!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

White Lightning

Flinders - Welcome back

Cbus - I cut a hole for my mouth in one of mine to keep the glasses from fogging up.  I have another one that has a hole that's wide open as well, use it for less windy but cold days

jedi - Nice Run

mdawg - Congrats and have fun tonight

braycon - I say get outside tomorrow

sprinkes - nice run and way to go on recovering there

Me - 6.2 recovery miles didn't feel too good until I picked up the pace.  Trying to run 10:40 - 10:50 and everything hurt.  Picked it up at the end and it all went away and felt great.  A bit frustrating on the paths today with all of this melting and freezing, a lot of ice in spots I had to tippy toe across

Play the Game Hard!

Rusk Runner

Josh - Those icy spots will get your HR up wont they!

Banshee - Way to get your run done.  I take it you have satellite internet service?  I do.  Usually I go out and sweep the dish off when it snows.  Gotta do the same for the tv dish also.  No cable or DSL available for me.

Welcome back Flinders!

Goto my 6 recovery done.  9:24 pace.  HR 150 bpm.  20 miles due tomorrow.  Hope I miss the sleet and rain.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

bagopux

So, earlier this week i had a run that was 6.66 miles.  OK.  Haha.  The next run, for no reason, I was attacked by a dog.  The next run -- today -- I ran by a farm that I've run by literally hundreds of times over the last ten years.  There's always been a sign on the fence that says "Herding dog on duty," but I've never seen the dog.  Today, this dog comes from about a tenth of a mile away, barking its head off at me (behind a fence thankfully).  Have you seen the moon tonight? WTF?

So, earlier this week i had a run that was 6.66 miles.  OK.  Haha.  The next run, for no reason, I was attacked by a dog.  The next run -- today -- I ran by a farm that I've run by literally hundreds of times over the last ten years.  There's always been a sign on the fence that says "Herding dog on duty," but I've never seen the dog.  Today, this dog comes from about a tenth of a mile away, barking its head off at me (behind a fence thankfully).  Have you seen the moon tonight? WTF?

Bags - Maybe you could run a 7.77 to right the way.

mdawg - congrats on the 17 yrs. There is a lot to be said for that in today's society.

sprinkle - I am with you on that one. 5:30 is about my threshold for early.

flinders - welcome back

cbus - I've never had that problem with a buff....Joking

nice runs to the rest of the donuts.

me - skipped out on last nights run, partly because I felt like I needed a rest the foot day but mostly because my neighbor threw out an invite to drink beer and tell lies.

tonight

8:35

8:27

8:17

8:38

last .75 miles at 9:20cool down

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Morning guys.  10 easy yesterday and 8 easy today.  I'm sorta tempted to bump that up but Hansons has a rough week for me coming up so maybe I'll just stick to 8.

I'm contemplating running a 15k in two weeks to help me zero in on my GMP before I start the strength workouts.  What do you guys think? Good idea or no?

Morning guys.  10 easy yesterday and 8 easy today.  I'm sorta tempted to bump that up but Hansons has a rough week for me coming up so maybe I'll just stick to 8.

I'm contemplating running a 15k in two weeks to help me zero in on my GMP before I start the strength workouts.  What do you guys think? Good idea or no?

Yes

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

onemile:  I think racing the 15K will be fine.  I like racing to see where my fitness is, and I don't think a judicious amount of racing will set back your training.

I did 12 @ 9:00 this morning.  Felt great; it was also the first double-digit mileage run I have done in about a month.  I also officially sent in my request to downgrade to the half for my March race, so I'll post over in the race list to update it.  Now that I've done that, I'm thinking about running a full in May somewhere.  That will give me June to rest and recuperate before I start in on a plan for a fall race.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33