Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

akalei

Rollcast: DH just started reading The Long Run and loves it.  I'm planning on snatching it when he's done.

Sprinkles:  seems like the Radisson doesn't accept any reservations for less than 2 nights that weekend.  I was only planning on staying Saturday night, too.  What to do, what to do....

Re: Graston.  You guys are seriously dedicated to this practice! Smile (cbus may be more along the lines of fanatical--I kid, I kid! Joking)  There's a chiro about 20 minutes from me who's certified in it, so if I ever need/want, at least I know where to go.

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

White Lightning

RVDowning - I do the same thing with virtualbox.  I also have sporttracks working (kind of) in wine.  I have Ant Agent working in wine as well, just cant figure how to get it to talk to the USB stick.

Cbus - Makes sense, especially when my old PT guy said I wasn't stretching my quads enough.  I just summed it up to me being crazy out of shape.  I'm definitely sold, just waiting for my new insurance info, then its only $10 a visit if I can get my primary to send me over, i need back work done too.

Me - Not quite as warm as I thought but still dressed right.  Big difference in temps in the sun and shade.  Got a great 9 miles in with 5 @ 9:00 (tried 9:10, oops) started real stiff and creaky but after the two mile warm-up I felt great.

Play the Game Hard!

akalei

Josh: I just noticed the "white lightning" tag and had to laugh a little... some friends called me White Lightning back in HS Competition Cheerleading, on account'a my pasty white legs. Smile  Brought back memories.

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

White Lightning

lol, yeah I could have been a double for Powder.  My old kitchen crew (i'm a chef) used to call me white lightning because I'm pasty white but I would be all over the kitchen, my Haitians started calling me that.  So White Lightning is my theme for 2013

Play the Game Hard!

cmb4314

lol, yeah I could have been a double for Powder.  My old kitchen crew (i'm a chef) used to call me white lightning because I'm pasty white but I would be all over the kitchen, my Haitians started calling me that.  So White Lightning is my theme for 2013

Add me to the pasty people list.

I'm so white that I can run all summer, and not end up with any tan lines.  Haha.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Trail Monster

All this Graston talk is making me think I should try it! My left knee hasn't been right since Marshall. It's not getting better or worse, just annoying and stiff right after a run. Massage helped but only for a couple days. Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon and go for some torture.

anyway, 5.5 at 10:27 average and 1% incline tonight. I worked this morning for the first time in weeks which was awkward and annoying. I've been enjoying my layoff and I'm not ready to go back yet but it looks like our spring busy season is starting early. I walked into the shop to find a months worth of work scattered around. Boo!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

Move down here and you'll have a permanent tan.

Add me to the pasty people list.

I'm so white that I can run all summer, and not end up with any tan lines.  Haha.

I did my 9 miles.  First time I was able to line up Pfitz, McMillan, AND Maffetone paces in one pace.  And I could breathe!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Nachos:  I tried a pair of Pure Connects this time last year and had the same experience.  They're sitting in my closet with about 16 miles on them.  I'm debating what to do with them: try them again, or ditch them.

On all the talk of Graston/chiros/PTs and tight calves:  I was at the gym today and working on my calves with a roller (one of the hard foam jobs, rather than the trigger point like I have) and found a couple of knots in my calf where I had injured myself last summer.  I think I found them because I have been diligent about stretching and rolling, so the roller was able to get down further into the muscle.  They aren't bothering me as of now, but I'll keep all of your testimonials in mind should that area act up again.

I did 3.5 @ 8:51 at lunch today.  Gym after work, 30 minutes on the stair machine and lots of stretching and rolling before and after.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

onemile

My chiro didn't even Graston me today.  He just felt my calves and said all the graininess was gone and then he just adjusted my hips.  I was sort of disappointed.  lol

Got my 12 done on the indoor track with 6 at GMP (8:29 average for those).  Felt pretty easy - just had to focus to stay on pace.  I plan to do this one outside next week though as it's supposed to be warmer.

Nice running today everyone.  Great job on the 9, Damaris!

Docket_Rocket

OK, you got me convinced.  I'll ask my chiro about Graston next week.  My calf could use it.

But if it hurts, I'm coming for you Cbus and onemile.

My run went awesome.  9 miles @ 10:51mm.  For those of you that don't know me as well, this is a great pace for me after battling asthma for more than a year.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

OK, you got me convinced.  I'll ask my chiro about Graston next week.  My calf could use it.

But if it hurts, I'm coming for you Cbus and onemile.

Oh It'll hurt.

Smashy!!!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Akalei- seriously? Ugh. I think there are other hotels in town too...I'd stay near the finish line if I could again although it wasn't awful having to shower at the YMCA at all.  I am only staying one night too. Look for hotels in Corning, not in Bath.

nachos- I enjoyed Scott Jureks book eat and run.

Josh- what kind of food? I grew up in the restaurant business- my parents own a place. I filled in as sous chef a few times and regularly worked the front of the house.

me: Canova workout with the team tonight...

6x (1000m at MP and 1000 m at HMP)

warmup for 5 min

8 total.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

White Lightning

Sprinkles - I'm a big hotel chef so pretty much anything but as the years have gone, its more of a manager than a "working chef".  I was Exec Chef of New York New York in Las Vegas for 5 years and didn't ever dirty a chef coat because I sat in the office dealing with health departments and executives everyday, one of the reasons I put on so much weight due to being in-active and the stress.  I'm on what I call a "break" right now until I decide what I want to do when I grow up :-)

Eat and Run was a great book.

Play the Game Hard!

Rusk Runner

+1 to "Eat and Run".  "Relentless Forward Progress" was a very interesting read for me since I am delving into the idea of running an ultra in 2014.  Marshall Ulrich's "Running on empty" was an amazing look at what drives a person to running in the extreme sense.  Salazars bio was pretty interesting also.

Hansons is a very good read, and if you are a Pfitz follower, it will leave you wondering what and how you want to go about MRT in the future.  The debates seem to be endless (with extremes on either side sometimes), but both books and methods are obviously effective.

SRD yesterday.  Only working a half day today and will hit the road for an either an easy 10 or 10 with 5 tempo, this afternoon.  I hated to miss my tempo miles this week because I was sick and the roads were crappy.  Problem is I have 16 w/ 10 GMP on Sunday.  I guess I will make the decision after the warm-up miles.

Amik -  How you feeling?

Docket - Are you ready for another Mary already?  Youre nuts!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!