runnit

What is everyone training for? (Read 272 times)

mapfe

I am getting back into shape after 5 years off. I am training for some 5ks in the fall. 

2014 Goals

Don't die

Also training for an assortment of summer/fall/winter 5ks. Taking a break from longer races, at least for the next year or so.

mapfe

What are your times you are shooting for? My old 5k pr is 17:53, but I haven't raced a 5k since high school. I likely would've done better in college if I did a 5k. Regardless, I am much slower now. I am aiming for 21:XX for my first 5k back. Not sure where my fitness is quite yet. I'd definitely like to beat my old 5k time, but I definitely won't this year.

2014 Goals

Don't die

What are your times you are shooting for? My old 5k pr is 17:53, but I haven't raced a 5k since high school. I likely would've done better in college if I did a 5k. Regardless, I am much slower now. I am aiming for 21:XX for my first 5k back. Not sure where my fitness is quite yet. I'd definitely like to beat my old 5k time, but I definitely won't this year.

Awesome, that's a good goal. If you were a sub-18 runner in the past, it probably won't take you too long to get back below 20 at least, as long as you get some good consistent miles in. My all-time PR is 18:32, but that's from 2009 and I took over 2 years off from racing afterward due to injury, so I'm at 20:41 right now. I'm hoping to get sub-20 sometime this fall and just keep chipping away from there.

I'm training for my last year of college xc and track, putting in lots of miles. Fun stuff
            freddie.sanchez

The Scrub

I'm training for a half marathon on September 2nd. Hoping to get sub 1:50. Goal pace of 8:20. Doing Ryan Hall's Half training plan. After that it's the Tucson Marathon on December 9th -- my first!

freddie.sanchez

The Scrub

I'm training for my last year of college xc and track, putting in lots of miles. Fun stuff

Looks like it's between you and me for the #1 spot on the weekly mileage (for those that shared their logs)... but you'll probably crush me. I'm just an amateur runner.

Haha well for a heads up, I'm aiming to hit about 60 miles a week this week and the rest of summer, so if you wanna beat me run at least that!

freddie.sanchez

The Scrub

Haha well for a heads up, I'm aiming to hit about 60 miles a week this week and the rest of summer, so if you wanna beat me run at least that!

I'll maybe peak at that mileage for marathon training. 

mapfe

I hope to join this competition next year, but for now, I'll happily stay in my place haha. Realistically, I won't be doing 60 miles. I certainly hope to get some decently high mileage though.

2014 Goals

Don't die

I'm aiming for 50 by the end of summer and 60 over the winter. I'm trying to be conservative with mileage increases because I have a history of pushing to the point of injury.

mapfe

I'm aiming for 50 by the end of summer and 60 over the winter. I'm trying to be conservative with mileage increases because I have a history of pushing to the point of injury.

I'd like to level out at about 30-40 and hold that through the winter to build a nice base, and then increase it when the weather gets nice in '13 (Cleveland).

2014 Goals

Don't die

freddie.sanchez

The Scrub

Sigh, I'm falling further and further behind in weekly mileage competition. Oh well.

Sigh, I'm falling further and further behind in weekly mileage competition. Oh well.

Well it goes back to 0 every week, you always have the opportunity!

FranPeruzzi

I'm just trying to get a consistent habit of running one or two times every day and increasing the amount of time I spend running. Once I get to the point where I'm happy (and healthy) with about 7-10 hours per week, I'm going to start adding workouts and dropping my pace. I'm taking the long view right now, targeting 60 minutes for 15k next summer.