Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

Seniors' Miles for Week Ending 10/8/2017 (Read 14 times)

Wishing the best for those with races in the near future: stupidlazydog's 26.2, ginnyb's 13.1 and gsaun039's 26.2!

My week was easy—I ran 12 miles and added another 8 miles walking. This morning was an especially nice one down on the harbor with lots of sun and a cool temperature.

Manhattan skyline

No more marathons

I've got an 8 day streak going, and wasn't sure if I was going to run tomorrow or not.

But checking my weekly miles I see that just a few more miles this week will give me my most since the middle of July - so, yep, I'll get a few more in tomorrow.

Ran a little over 6 today, and it was the first run in some time that involved more than just heading out for 30 or 40 minutes.

The route I had planned included three strava segments, so I decided  to make this a fartlek workout of sorts.

Maybe I'll stick with this running stuff for a bit longer.

MTA:  ran 2 this morning in a light rain.  Gives me 25.9 for the week.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Quickadder

33.2 miles for week ended Oct 8 bring my YTD to 1119.5.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

colorunner

whew! I finally got around to getting set up here. I haven't been running a lot of miles because of injuries. I think my left knee just got back to normal but now my right knee is complaining about having to compensate for so long.

Anyway, 4 miles for the Week ending 10/1 and 12.96 for the week ending 10/8/17.

No more marathons

whew! I finally got around to getting set up here. I haven't been running a lot of miles because of injuries. I think my left knee just got back to normal but now my right knee is complaining about having to compensate for so long.

Anyway, 4 miles for the Week ending 10/1 and 12.96 for the week ending 10/8/17.

Image result for thumbs up smiley gif

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Finished the first week after the marathon with 18.1 miles. My longest run was 10 miles on Sat. Felt pretty good. Will work on increasing mileage over the next few weeks to my normal 30-40 miles/week. Still haven't planned the next marathon. Thinking about A1A in Ft. Lauderdale FL. Anyone have any experience with that race?

Nasreddin Hoja

I had a car accident on A1A BITD, that's all I got

16.2 miles last week.

Ran 8.1 today and that's the longest in a while.  Now tapering for a hiking trip out West beginning Friday