Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

Seniors' Miles for Week Ending 10/22/2017 (Read 12 times)

A lighter week for me with four runs and a total of 18.6 miles.

I took an extra rest day because my chest was very sore after a workout with light weights. My refurbished heart feels good—it's my chest muscles that bother me occasionally. My surgery last spring required a median sternotomy and my doctors have told me to expect some periodic discomfort.

Here's a picture of lower Manhattan showing a very odd building. I always wonder what the architect was thinking. The overhanging floors mean the apartment below would feel like one was living in a cave.

Odd Manhattan Building

No more marathons

7.1 miles today, which is my longest run in about a month.

I've got 26.2 miles so far this week, and will get something (probably 2 or 3) tomorrow.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Bobbysteve

Hi Guys,

Good to see the same names from RW. Not much running for the last month, but what I did do was all hills, all the time. Had 3 weeks in Hawaii cleaning up my former residence. Did about 30 miles overall while there. There really is no flat terrain where I was staying. One run was memorable as I tackled a 480' climb over 1.5 miles. 6%. Running back down was harder than going up in some ways.

Now I'm in Virginia for a week... more hills.

Nasreddin Hoja

Bklyn, that building is very near my office.  There is a lot of stuff going up, I certainly wouldn't buy.  Trying to get anything done there, will be a nightmare.  The elevator ride alone,  up something like that, can eat up 15 minutes.

Been out hiking in some National Parks, Death Valley, Yosemite and Sequoia.  Didn't run worth mentioning since the 11th.  Will resume tomorrow.  A 5 mile race Sunday to kick off NYCM week.

Quickadder

Total of 25.8 miles logged for week ended Oct 22.

Volunteered at a local 50K Trail race on Saturday, having decided weeks ago not to run it as I expected it would still be fairly hot and humid for an October race. Conditions were worse than I'd expected and there were far more DNFs than finishers. Pacers were allowed on the final lap and I stepped in and paced for the guy in 2nd place for his final 6.5 miles, which gave me quite a workout! At half my age, he was still running 11-12 minute pace even though the temperature was up to 88F (felt like 93) by that time. I'm running a 10 mile race on the same trails next Saturday morning, when hopefully it will be somewhat cooler.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Centex runner

Got a 12 miler plus (3) 6 milers and a 5 miler in for the week for a total of 35 miles, Also rode the bike 46 miles yesterday at the Live Strong Challenge in Austin. Would like to get a couple of 14 milers in before our half which is on Nov 18th. Keep up the good work everybody!

Nas - I would love to be hiking in those National Parks!

Centax - Should have gotten where you run from your screen name.  Good luck with the halves.

Finished last week with 30.5 miles in 5 runs.  Will probably be around that mileage this week as well.  I didn't get in any XT as I had hoped.  It is just too easy to skip it. Have a good week everyone.