Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

Seniors' Miles for Week Ending 10/29/2017 (Read 13 times)

Four runs this week for a total of 17 miles; extremely bad weather scuttled one planned workout. Decided to register for NYRR's Race to Deliver (4-miles) in late November. It's been three years since I ran in Central Park so I'm looking forward to the change of scenery.

I continue to be amazed at, and envious of, Nasreddin Hoja's adventures!

Quickadder

Also four runs for me this week including a trail race on Saturday (RR in the Masters Forum). Total of 32.4 miles for the week and 1201.9 YTD. Not sure that I will make my target of 1500 for the year.

I have 10K races each of the next 2 Saturdays.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

30.5 miles for me last week over 4 runs.  Longest run was 12.1 miles.  Started this week with 5.1 this morning.  Weather took a definite turn to cooler temps and wind was up as well.  Have a 5 mile race this coming Sat that I will probably stretch into a LR.  Have a good week everyone and good luck to anyone running or working the NY Marathon this weekend.

Nasreddin Hoja

Thanks Bklyn!

13.2 for me last week.  I close Saturday so yesterdays race, will be part of next week.  I have a GE to the 2018 NYCM, but to train for that, would require a near total shutdown of the adventure machine.  Not next year!

Centex runner

Total of 38 miles for me. One 14 miler, an 8 miler, two 6 milers and a 4 miler. Might go to a 5 mile race this Saturday to get some speed work. I have a hard time doing faster paces in my training so I need a race here and there to get the dust off.

Finished up October with 140.9 miles.  That puts me within 106 miles of my 1800 mile goal for the year.  Baring injury, I should make it easily.  Feels good to be so close.

Finished up October with 140.9 miles.  That puts me within 106 miles of my 1800 mile goal for the year.  Baring injury, I should make it easily.  Feels good to be so close.

Definitely a good year...congrats! If my memory's accurate, you're also doing a lot of biking and swimming that doesn't show up in the running miles total so hats off to you for that as well.

Nasreddin Hoja

For the first time is 9 years, I don't have a race.  I will race in January but haven't taken it yet.  I'm setting the bar low, trying to work up to a 30 mile week.  That used to be a base week, the trips have been an amazing distraction.

20 miles this week best in a while.

I watched the finish of the 5K "Run to the Finish Line" (of tomorrows NYCM) this morning as some entertainment for guests.  Nothing like squirming through a narrow convoluted path to get to the finish and then National Championships in front of your face, to entertain sports minded visitors.

Molly Huddle  an NYRR perennial fav.  She's won some races here.

gsaun039

Caffeine-fueled Runner

Got in 133 miles this month, and 28 miles on the first full taper week.

PR's--- 5K  24:11,   10K  49:40,   10-Mile  1:26:02,  HM  1:56:03,   Marathon  4:16:17

Maniac #11112, Fanatic #14276, Double Agent #2335