Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

Seniors' miles for week ending 11/26/2017 (Read 11 times)

Bklyn48,  hope you don't mind me kicking us off this weekend.

Credit me with 14.2 miles over 4 good sessions. My week ends on Sat.

I finished my week with a sweet 5 miler. Avg pace for the session was 10:32 and my last mile was 9:14. I'm preparing to enter the local 5k races and as my training progresses, I see it takes me a couple miles to "get loose". Therefore, I'll target building the speed and endurance to run a 5k after doing a 1.5-2 mile WU.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Quickadder

Rgreen, thanks for starting the thread. Bklyn asked for a volunteer for the next few weeks. My week doesn’t end until Sunday and a decent run tomorrow could see me hitting my highest weekly mileage.

Anyone else looking at joining the RA 2018 game? I’m thinking that there are not enough of us here to make an over 60s mileage game like we had on RW.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Rgreen, thanks for starting the thread. Bklyn asked for a volunteer for the next few weeks. My week doesn’t end until Sunday and a decent run tomorrow could see me hitting my highest weekly mileage.

Anyone else looking at joining the RA 2018 game? I’m thinking that there are not enough of us here to make an over 60s mileage game like we had on RW.

That would be great if we had a team/target goal like we had on RWOL. I would participate for sure. Not sure how high my goal would be but everything counts.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Quickadder

Have a look at the 2018 in 2018 Forum. Players randomly assigned to teams, who then play head to head. Team with highest percentage of combined goal wins. Each team will have a Forum or thread to encourage members to hit their goals. There are bonus points for various things and these may affect overall standings but not the head to head result.

Have a look at the 2018 in 2018 Forum. Players randomly assigned to teams, who then play head to head. Team with highest percentage of combined goal wins. Each team will have a Forum or thread to encourage members to hit their goals. There are bonus points for various things and these may affect overall standings but not the head to head result.

I can't find a forum called "2018". Can you link me?

Quickadder

Struggling to work out how to link. If you go to ‘User groups’ and scroll down to recent groups you should find ‘2018 in 2018’. You can also find it by searching user groups.

Struggling to work out how to link. If you go to ‘User groups’ and scroll down to recent groups you should find ‘2018 in 2018’. You can also find it by searching user groups.

I found it. No need for me to join. I haven't ran 2000 miles in a year since 1996. I might do it again after I retire but that isn't for a few years yet.

Quickadder

As I read it, you set your own mileage goal. The title may be a little deceptive.

I’m still working on my 2017 target of 1500 miles that I gave myself in the RW 60+ game and will probably set the same distance for 2018.

I started my week with an easy 4 miler. Tried to stay under 11:00 a mile and keep my HR low. The run checked in at an avg pace of 10:57, AHR of 126. I'm OK with this at this point in the training.

Quickadder

With Thanksgiving and Black Friday, I managed 5 runs this week for the first time for many months and recorded my highest weekly mileage at 43 miles.

With Thanksgiving and Black Friday, I managed 5 runs this week for the first time for many months and recorded my highest weekly mileage at 43 miles.

Sweet.

Centex runner

38 miles for me - 12 miler, 8 miler and (3) 6 milers. My paces seem to be getting better. Thinking about running a 5K this Saturday to get some faster pacing in.

34 miles for me- recovering from the Monkey.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

30.9 miles for me last week.  Did tick over my 2017 goal of 1800 miles last week.

Centex - Sounds like a rough half.  70 is too hot for a half, but good work finishing and on the AG award!

rgreen - Welcome and good luck in getting the mileage up.

Quckadder - I'll be in for 2018 for sure.

Nasreddin Hoja

24 miles for me week past.

One unusual thing, seems I can now run without the orthotics I've required to even walk for about 15 years.  I did an 8 miler on pavement in one pair of new kicks Saturday and a 6.1 Treadmill run in the other pair today.  Both without the orthotics.  No issues.