Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

Seniors' Miles for Week Ending 10/15/2017 (Read 12 times)

Hoping everyone's week has been a good one.

A solid week for me: 21 miles running including 40 minutes of higher intensity work at 80%-85% maxHR.

Greenpeace is paying a visit to the harbor this weekend.

Arctic Sunrise at Pier 6 in Brooklyn Bridge Park

No more marathons

Thanks for posting bklyn48

Hopefully we can keep this oldphart forum going and get some action in here.

I've managed to keep a streak of sorts going (now at 16 days) and have my highest weekly miles in 11 weeks at 26.4.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Centex runner

Hello Seniors.

I don't post a lot but it looks like we could use some activity. I'm training for several (actually 5 signed up and paid) half marathons starting in November up through March 2018. So my DW and I are in the process of cautiously upping our mileage. The last several years have been disastrous for me running wise due to injuries, Anyway, I felt pretty good about getting a 12 miler in today with no issues. We ended up with 30 miles for the week and will shoot for averaging close to 40.

Quickadder

• Hi, Centex, welcome aboard. There is an introduction thread that you may like to post some details to.

Not sure what I did wrong but could hardly walk for half the week. Managed to run a race on Saturday - detailed RR in the Masters Forum - and ended the week with 24.2 miles.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

26.4 miles for me last week.  LR again was 10 miles. Only one XT session last week.  Need to get back to doing something other than running.

Centex - Welcome.  That is an ambitious schedule of half-marathons.  Good luck.  Where are you running?

Centex runner

Hi CWSchind.

We live in the middle of Texas and our annual ritual of races usually include Dallas, Houston, Austin (3M) and Fort Worth (Cowtown). When we were running marathons we liked to travel and were fortunate to run Boston, New York, Chicago, Marine Corp, Little Rock, Lake Front Milwaukee, CIM,  etc. But marathons have not been an option lately.

No more marathons

26.4 miles for me last week. 

Twinsies!  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!