Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

Seniors * 2018 * week 5 ending February 4 (Read 24 times)

Centex runner

Ok seniors.. what's going on? how are we doing?

Centex runner

I ran 34 miles for the week. Trying to get back in shape. Unfortunately my right IT band has been bothering me. The same one that I had issues with two years ago which I tried to run through and ended up with a stress fracture. I've been including some cross training to hopefully nip the problem in the bud.

Quickadder

Hi Centex. Thanks for starting the weekly.

I managed 36 miles including 20 on Saturday. Pace was a little slower than before I had the flu/severe cold, but hopefully the pace will return over the next few runs.

HM scheduled for Feb 17.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Sorry, I've missed the last 2 weeks.  Had 37.4 miles the week ending 2/4 and 38.3 miles last week.  Started my marathon training plan last week.  Because of a 5K Sat, I moved my 13 mile LR to Sun and dealt with rain throughout.  Not an enjoyable run, but I made it trough.  Ran 24:51 for the 5K, good enough for 3rd AG.

Quickadder

Cwschind, nice miles. How high does your weekly target go during your marathon plan? Which marathon are you running?

I had 35 miles last week including a very wet 13+ on Saturday. I don't have a formal plan, but I'm kind of starting tapering to my marathon on March 4th. Since the beginning of December I've run 18 miles or more 7 times including a 27 mile trail race. I have a HM this Saturday that should give me an idea for my marathon target.

Centex runner

For the week ending Feb 11, I had 44 miles. Good week for me but I'm not feeling that great this week. Legs have been achy and I'm feeling fatigued (hoping its not the Flu). Tonight it took all I had to run just under 12 minute miles for 6 miles.

Congrats Cwschind on the 5k!

Good Luck Quickadder on your HM this Saturday!

We are not very active here.  I'm as much to blame as anyone.  Sorry for not posting more.

Centex - I'm running the Kentucky Derby Marathon on 4/28.  My plan goes up to 55 miles.  Using the Advanced Marathoning 12 week plan.

For the past week I managed 48.7 miles, including a 17.5 mile LR.  Have cut-back week coming up.

Quickadder

Hi Cwschind.

I think this forum is gradually dying. Centex seems to have moved to the 'Frequent Racers' forum (which has only a handful of posters. I visit that forum and the Masters Forum. There are several regulars on the Masters Forum that would easily qualify for this one, but prefer the more active forum.

I ran the Zydeco Marathon in Lafayette yesterday, though towards the end it would be more appropriate to say walked. A little disappointed with a 5:02:19.

Yes, I'm sorry this is dying, but I think the Masters is just going to have to do for us seniors!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Quickadder - Congrats on finishing your marathon.  That is always an accomplishment!  I'm now in the heart of the training for mine.  About 6 weeks to go.  May need to go over the the masters forum or just post with my team on the 2018 in 2018.

Quickadder

Many thanks and good luck with your race.