Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

Seniors * 2018 * Week 4 ending January 28 (Read 9 times)

A pretty good week for me—I covered 18 miles...close to my goal of 20.

I'm thankful I've so far avoided the flu as my wife has it and after a trip to the ER is slowly recovering at home. We both got our flu shots last fall and I think it did help keep her symptoms on the mild side. I'm taking Tamiflu and keeping my fingers crossed.

It's been nice reading about everyone's workouts and races these past few months!

I'll be moving on and won't be involved in the forum any longer but I wanted to be sure and wish all the very best in the years and miles ahead!

Quickadder

Sorry to see you go bklyn. I wish you good running for the future.

Recovering from the flu/cold myself and last week was an ease back into running after an almost blank week. Managed a LR of 12 miles on Sunday to give me 21.9 for the week.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Bobbysteve - Hope the half went well despite the heat.

bklyn - Sorry to see you go.  Happy running!

I got in 36.2 miles last week with an LR of 14 miles.  Should be about the same this week and then the following week I start a 12 week marathon training plan.

Centex runner

Sorry to see you go bklyn48. Very best wishes to you too.

I just had 14 miles for the week. My legs just didn't want to cooperate after the back to back weekend HM's.

Trying to get back in to training mode with my next scheduled races coming up on Feb 24th and 25th (10K and HM).

I do add some cross training with a stationary bike, barbells lifting, crunches etc. Trying to avoid future injuries.

Happy running everyone!