The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

That's more or less my goal. I think my best strategy would be do a ridiculous 200s workout this week and then the Metric over the weekend. I'd be addressing speed and endurance at their extremes, but it's probably about all I can do with just two weeks left to prepare for a 10 miler.

When are you doing said 200's?  I was thinking about doing some 200's this evening if:  A) My car makes it there (Perry fixed it today, but if there's a leak then all the fluid might drain out again) and B) If there is no lightning.

I was thinking of doing 200 fast, 200 recovery, repeat - for at least 10 laps. No break unless utterly needed.

Durrr

Perry should shoot for 1:47:15 (6:38/mi) on Sunday.

I have a similar workout goal, Crystal, but I probably can't do it until Wednesday. Darn it!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Perry should shoot for 1:47:15 (6:38/mi) on Sunday.

Is this based on my recent 5K times, or my longer races back in the Spring?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

Based on the duration of a certain run that I did recently!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Based on the duration of a certain run that I did recently!

Ok, that doesn't sound nearly as reasonable -- I thought your estimate actually was based on my ability or performance somehow.

I have a similar workout goal, Crystal, but I probably can't do it until Wednesday. Darn it!

We had to run the 200's tonight as I have rehearsal Wednesday night.  We stayed in the neighborhood so the distance is close, but not spot on.  It was quite warm and humid tonight!

The windows of our apartment fogged up last night so we couldn't see out of them. This morning when I went outside it felt room temperature, but quite damp. Ick.

Durrr

Hey DR,
                    Yes, you'll just have to sign the waiver on race morning or packet pickup.  No other sub-hour runners besides Piggott.  Tom Burke will have some grandmaster competition from a Dennis Coleman of Gaithersburg.  They're both going for 1:03, but it could be a race for 3rd overall.  We'll see...

Brandon Demers hasn't registered. 

See you at Piney Point!

-Liza

----

I can definitely see both Perry and Joe going sub-1:03:00 --- which may mean that they'll be vying for the 3OA lighthouse plaque! Oh, and watch out if Demers does show up. He ran a 27:28 8k last weekend (whereas 28:17 was the best I could post for my 5-mile time trial).

philibusters

I am back in St. Mary's this weekend.  I don't have my cell phone.  What are peoples numbers so we can try to coordinate for the Metric Marathon tomorrow.

Durrr

This looks to be the most blustery LPR10 yet:

(Sunday morning in Piney Point, MD)

7 AM

Clear

51°

Clear

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>47°</dd></dl><dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>89%</dd></dl><dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>0%</dd></dl><dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>SSW at 11 mph</dd></dl>

• SunriseSunrise at 7:14 am

8 AM

Sunny

52°

Sunny

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>48°</dd></dl><dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>86%</dd></dl><dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>0%</dd></dl><dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>SSW at 11 mph</dd><dd> </dd></dl>

I'm ok with the temperature, but no so keen on the wind. If it were "SSE" I think that would equate to a fine tailwind for the return trip, but "SSW" means it'll be hitting us from the left side. 

Phil, how are you feeling about Philadelphia? I won't be trying my first run back from injury until Monday.

Durrr

So you will not be pounding the pavement whilst working against the harshest of headwinds tomorrow in Solomons?

My diagnosis of my foot for now is that I'm still another few days of being able to really run on it. I can cross train now and maybe jog a few minutes, but anything more is dangerous.

I may have also pulled a muscle in my neck this weekend, but that will only set me back a few days. I didn't do it while moving. I think I did it amongst a simple 5 push-ups when I got home last night. I have terrible push up form if I don't pay attention when I do them.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Maybe if Emily sits on your back that will force you to pay attention to form Smile