The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We're running with the training group at the river park this evening, if either of you want to stop by & say hi and/or warmup and/or run with us.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Don't let it get dark on you!

Also, are you assisting with the running group or are you partaking in it yourselves? Is there some kind of schedule? I wouldn't mind joining you all some days.

Don't let it get dark on you!

Also, are you assisting with the running group or are you partaking in it yourselves? Is there some kind of schedule? I wouldn't mind joining you all some days.

That would be great!  We are actually partaking, but helping with pacing folks here and there as well - or will time if needed.  We meet Tues., Thurs., and Sat. This Sat. we are meeting at Chancellor's Run Park at 9am.

We tend to meet at Patuxent HS on Tuesdays at 6pm.

There is a lot of stretching and corework involved too.

Joe,  Start logging!  I'm tired of seeing a 0 by your name all the time. :-)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Joe doesn't know how to log.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

I remember the run that Joe last logged fairly vividly from August 18, 2012.  It was a fairly long run and Joe and DR whooped me, but other than that, there was nothing at the time that indicated Joe would roll of 7.5 months with logging another run.

Durrr

I remember the run that Joe last logged fairly vividly from August 18, 2012.  It was a fairly long run and Joe and DR whooped me, but other than that, there was nothing at the time that indicated Joe would roll of 7.5 months with logging another run.

I believe that that was the last time I ran with Joe (with the exception of sharing the LPR10 '12 experience), or Phil. Perhaps Joe's log will gain the spark it needs to spring back to life were I to run with him again in the near future.

Perry is fairly accurate when he says I do not know how to log. I planned to just do a data dump from my watch, but I've never done that before and I haven't installed the Garmin software on this computer yet.

I think I'll be in the 20s for this week.

Durrr

Might tomorrow morning mark the dawn of the DR and Joe a.m. Ab Crest running routine? A simple 7-mile Modest Mileage session to start things off, perhaps. I think I'll simply aim to arrive at the parking lot at 5:30 a.m. and see what happens.

philibusters

How do you like your new apartment DR?

That sounds like a long run to me. That aside, I'm willing to aim for 5:30am tomorrow.

Durrr

Phil, the digs you had at SMLA (was it the Sea Mist? Or perhaps the Bay Breeze?) were quite deluxe compared to what I'm in (the Mariner). My confines are quite cramped. I'm making it work, however, and it is imparting a valuable lesson of living efficiency to me --- to take nary an inch of space for granted, and to do away with the things that aren't essential for (comfortable) survival. Meanwhile I had contemplated making my debut visit to the fitness center this morning (after it was confirmed that it is indeed under the same roof as the leasing office/clubhouse, and not tucked away in one of the apartment buildings as I previously presumed ... like on Sunday when I spent 7 miles running around and around every building in a futile search), but after staying up late last night fighting a losing battle trying to secure the unsecured wireless connection on an old Netgear router, I gave up --- both on the router (instead I think I'll try to find a 10' ethernet cable) and on any early morning exercises.

I'll make an early bird out of Joe yet!

philibusters

I ended up doing a half race, half tempo this morning at a free race at the Air Force base.  Was just going to do it as a tempo, then one person went out hard and I kind of got caught up in the moment and pushed harder than I should have.  That person ran like an opening 5:25 mile and had gapped me by the mile mark so I was out of the race.  The rest of the way I gave a half race half tempo effort, pushing pretty hard, harder than a tempo, but maybe not everything like I do in most races.  So it was a run intended to be a tempo that quickly turned into race, that sort of turned back into a tempo.   I would say if I really been motivated I may have been able to run each of the last two miles 10 seconds faster each.

Durrr

Did you finish 2nd?

philibusters

Did you finish 2nd?

Yeah  there were maybe 30-40 people total so it was a small event.  There was maybe a one minute gap between and the first place person and myself (they slowed down quite a bit from like 5:25 to slightly over 6 minutes per mile so I had been in better shape I probably could have legitimately given chase, but in reality race was over after the first mile when I was down 30 seconds) and then there was a one minute gap between and the third place finisher.