The League of Extraordinary Runners

Race Results (Read 2297 times)

DR came close to going sub 60 for his best 10 mile stretch.

I probably went sub 70 for my last ten miles, but nowhere close to sub 60..

Uh, yeah, duh.........I have no clue what my brain was thinking when I read your pace times and posted the question earlier...........perhaps the thinking part was frozen in sympathy to all those frozen plungers..........

philibusters

Official post results for yesterday.  My time was 2:09:47 .... http://www.tidewaterstriders.com/site/wp-content/uploads/results13/distanceseries20k30k13.htm

I got 11th place out of 70 male runners, but did win my age group.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

RRCA Club Challenge results from this morning's race are already online, as are Cowtown Marathon results -- both were online hours ago. But Colonial Half doesn't seem to have theirs up.

Katie missed a chance to scare the Falls Road lead females, because they (the two Falls Road lead females) passed me at mile 5, and I could see them not far in front of me for most of the rest of the race.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

Yikes, a 51:00-flat winner (and my 10-mile PR would've had me tied for 16th place ... which I suppose wouldn't be too terrible in a 739-person race).

Durrr

http://thecolonialsports.com/filemanager/cms/retrieve/1361803400/300/halfcomp.html

13 2035 Demers, Brandon 1:17:40.01 1:17:39.27 5:56 23 M Leonardtown MD HALF
            17 701 Piggott, John 1:19:24.25 1:19:24.17 6:04 47 M Williamsburg VA HALF
            28 440 Ogden, Katie 1:23:45.40 1:23:41.18 6:23 23 F Owings MD HALF

I told myself yesterday that, as long as Demers finished over 1:17:00, a chance would remain that I could be competitive with him in the marathon. Now, granted he was still the better part of 2 minutes under my Snapple High Cloud Half time --- but I feel like I've come a fair ways since 01/27/13, and I doubt the Colonial Half was run over hard snow pack in bitterly sub-freezing weather with the entire second half on a continuous, gradual incline. And then I daresay that Ogden's time is quite equivalent to the 10-mile time Perry ran yesterday (actually, the RA race predictor calculator says that a 1:23:41 HM = a 1:02:31 10mi --- approximately Perry's PR).

Durrr

Oh wow, and Katie won a $200 cash prize for being the 3OAF! Alas it's hard to be the top winner when there are women named Yihunlish and Tezata in the race.

philibusters

Jason Robertson who ran a 2:01 in the half marathon results that are posted is my boss.  He ran the 30K the previous day.

Durrr

I did not expect Brandon to have such a rough debut:

Brandon Demers
                  8 hours ago near Piney Point, MD via mobile
                  Never again. Pain train last 6. Won 100 bones. 3:00:55 closing in 830s Didn't crack three. Had a lot of time to experience the marathon and all the joys (pee,poop,puke,cramps). This hummer is not made to do that. I'd rather put my plums in a wood chipper. I'm DONE! Congrats Katie Ogden on winning! And she didn't walk me! 3:01:40

But how about that --- Demers, Ogden, and Rapp finished basically one right after the other!

philibusters

Congrats to Perry on a 4 minute PR

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Except a guy outkicked me to the finish line, and so is listed ahead of me with the same time as me. (In the preliminary results - not posted yet).

But I could see Katie (plus a motorcycle) during the last mile, so I'd think she was able to see Brandon during that last mile as well, so she must have known he was having a terrible finish.

As we came to the fence, I kept thinking, "hurry up and turn left - turn left - why won't you turn left", because I just wanted to be done, so I wanted to see her & her motorcycle turn left, so I'd be approaching the finish turn.

philibusters

As we came to the fence, I kept thinking, "hurry up and turn left - turn left - why won't you turn left", because I just wanted to be done, so I wanted to see her & her motorcycle turn left, so I'd be approaching the finish turn.

Those last few miles can seem endless

philibusters

Perry's LPRM since 2009 are 3:17, 3:28, 3:12,3:06, 3:02.  Other than 2010 when Perry had a bit of a let down race, that is steady improvement.  Its a 15 minute improvement over 4 years.   I still think Perry and Joe would benefit from training with each other because its the long runs (18+ miles) and the steady state runs (10-13 miles at marathon race pace) in marathon training that really get you ready for the marathon and those are hard to do by oneself.

That's a good time for Perry. I think he (you) can go faster. I'm sorry I wasn't able to do any important workouts with you during this cycle.

I'm not surprised Demers struggled. I think many first timers fail to relax. It's not like running 13 where you can go pretty hard the whole time, nor is it like running 20 miles where you just steadily get drained. There is a definite dropoff in ability once you verge on fuel depletion. He sounds like he had a bad race to begin with, though, going by his litany of problems.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Perry's LPRM since 2009 are 3:17, 3:28, 3:12,3:06, 3:02.  Other than 2010 when Perry had a bit of a let down race,...

2010 was the first year I doubled LPRM and National, with 3:28 at LPRM then 3:18 at National 6 days later.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Joe doesn't look like he's suffering nearly enough here, particularly given where this photo is taken on the course: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chesapeake_bay_running_club/8522348918/in/set-72157632899744232/