The League of Extraordinary Runners

Race Results (Read 2297 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I suspect the tactical lesson is to execute the pass late enough to hold the lead (viz, World Champs F3000 this summer).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Whenever I'm chasing down somebody over a long distance near the end of the race I always dread passing them near the finish line and do my best to pass way in advance. I'm always concerned that the predator is using more energy than the prey and that as soon as I near the guy he might have enough in reserve to sprint the few feet needed to cross the line first.

The results from JBR show that Stick beat me by just 4 seconds, but the reality is he beat me by what felt like much more. It's just that I worked so hard to distance myself from the pack I'd caught near the end that it almost seemed like I was close to the next person in front of me.

I wonder if another Gu or two would have made a big difference in the latter part of your race. You faded, but not by much. It's kind of like Phil's marathon -- dropping something like 30 seconds per mile isn't really a big fade considering most people bounce around +/- 15 seconds of their pace the whole race anyway.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I had one gu beforehand, and one around mile 8, and then never mustered the energy to have more. It did occur to me that I should, but I just didn't. I think I should have tried to have more.

Based on the Grand Prix results I won the 30 year old age group. Nicholas Cahill was the only other runner to participate in 5+ races. I ran LPR10, which isn't in the results for me and I hadn't noticed previously, but it doesn't change anything. Rob Smith would have won if he had showed up to one more race. Noah and DR could have easily won if they had shown up to many more events. A couple of others who aren't formally in the CBRC could have won by racing more and joining the club, too. Rob Smith's 18:17 is a bit of an outlier and shows recent improvement. It's nice to have a few age group competitors to chase.

Paul Fagnano needs to join the club.

Liza Recto and Deb Spatz remind me of world class sprinters. They managed to almost entirely avoid each other all season and then raced each other once at JBR and finished rather close. They would make good rivals.

Perry crushed his age group.

Dave Walser barely beat Manny and if you look at their results this is as it should be.

If Steve Rupard had run one more race the men's 60-69 might have been even closer.

Twelve male club members competed in at least five races throughout the series. Only two women club members competed in at least five races.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The Fagnanos did not join in time this year; they have been in the club longer than any of us, I think. I am told that Mike was once club president, in the old days.

Kelly said the revised JBR results are posted, so I will try to recheck grand prix results, in case anything changed. I do not know what was revised.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

OT athlete reviews thread at letsrun: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=7038765

Nice run, Perry. Sub 3:15 is solid. I recall thinking that morning that it was a good temperature for a marathon, but the air seemed a little damp.

Phil, I take it you ran the relay part of the One City marathon? How'd it go?

philibusters

I am three weeks behind, but that was a strong finish for Perry to his marathon.  3:13 is a pretty solid time.

Joe, my marathon relay went poorly.  Jessica did 21.4 miles of the relay.  She paced the 3:30 group so she was not trying to race it.  I then took over, ran a couple 6:40 then my calf/hamstring injury flared up and I had to walked the last 1.3 miles so that was anti-climatic (and embarrassing, walking in at the end where you have all the crowd support urging you is a bit embarrassing).  My calf/hamstring injury is still bothering me four weeks later.  Its slightly injured and not improving, but not getting worse.   I don't think my injury is a muscle injury it feels like the liagment that connects the hamstring to the calf if really tight, I feel the pain on outside of my knee on the soft side of the knee (not the side with the knee cap).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

When I clicked on this thread, the first post (Phil's 2012 LPRM race report) said it was modified today, so I reread it, which was fun, because I couldn't remember it anyway, so it was liking reading a new race report. With photos Smile

philibusters

When I clicked on this thread, the first post (Phil's 2012 LPRM race report) said it was modified today, so I reread it, which was fun, because I couldn't remember it anyway, so it was liking reading a new race report. With photos Smile

Haha, I re-read that yesterday and fixed a couple typos.  Go figure.

Sounds like a difficult injury. Ligaments and tendons are slow to heal. Once you're beyond the initial injury I'd recommend trying to walk more and sit less. I always found a desk job to be terrible on that whole muscle/tendon/ligament chain.

I've had no good excuse for my lack of running, so there's that.

For whatever reason I can't get this computer to pull up the 2016 Hospice results.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Joe says he's somewhat getting back into shape, except his hamstring keeps him from running fast.

Night before last he ran the mile in 5:46, which result worried me, as I ran it in 5:44 the week before.  (I pushed a double-stroller this time, so I was way back).

My worry proved justified, as I spent the whole Fourth of July Race to the Creek chasing after Joe, Noah Wood, and Rob Smith, and never caught any of them.