The League of Extraordinary Runners

Banter (Read 1523 times)

Diesel Power

http://homes.longandfoster.com/Real-Estate/PropertyDetails.aspx?MlsCompanyID=2&MlsNumber=BC6786414&Add=16-STRETHAM-CT,OWINGS-MILLS,MD-21117 I covet this house. Too bad that the chances of Val and I buying it are about as good as Favre being traded to the Redskins for midround draft picks.
    Durrr

I was expecting the house to have an indoor track or something ...

Diesel Power

Why?
        Durrr

I made the assumption that, since you were posting on the forum, the house would have some unique, running related feature. But it still seems like a nice place.

Diesel Power

Nope, I was just sharing a house that Val and I were now looking at. The beauty of this "Banter" section is that it doesn't necessarily have to be about running, despite precedent.
            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The statistics part said two levels, but the summary part said three levels, so it must have an attic or basement that one part isn't counting. Sounds nice.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Diesel Power

http://www.iaaf.org/oly08/results/eventCode=3659/racedate=08-15-2008/bydate.html Olympics Track and Field coverage should start up tonight, around 9pm EST! I would have posted a list from ESPN.com, but I'm officially boycotting that list as they've left the Men's Marathon on 8/24 off the agenda altogether.
                  Who else watched the mens 100m final? I used to not be a big fan of events like 50m swimming or the 100m dash in running because I believed the events were too short to be a true representation of how the athletes differ. However, Bolt completely destroyed the competition without even trying. I don't even know what to say, except that you can expect taller runners in that event to start appearing, because it seemed totally effortless at 6'5".

Diesel Power

I thought it was incredible that he won by 0.2 seconds, meanwhile one of his shoes came untied during the race and he kept looking to his right to eyeball the competition. If he runs a race during the next 5-6 years under the best conditions imaginable, I wonder if breaking 9.6 could be in his future. I think the women’s marathon was on replay for us, but I lost interest after learning Deena Kastor dropped out due to a foot injury. That really sucks, considering her PR is seven minutes faster than the winning time, and 8-9 minutes faster than the bronze medal. I hate to think that the prime of her career could be almost over, but realistically, this could have been her last shot to win her second medal. At least she has the silver from ’04. Still psyched about the men’s marathon on Sunday. It starts at 7:30 EST or thereabouts, so I wonder if we’ll get to see it live.
                    Durrr

Hey everyone go to the CBRC site www.cbrcmd.org right now. There's me running the marathon (dark blue shorts, white shirt, black head thing)! Don't worry, I succinctly surpassed all those people in front of me.

Diesel Power

If not for Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt would be the face of the Olympics this year. I'm now seriously hoping Ryan Hall pulls an upset and WINS the marathon, so that way more people start focusing on running.
                          I would be pretty excited if Ryan Hall medaled. The Olympics are full of foreign athletes who train at American colleges and American athletes who fled their native countries. It's getting rare to have good athletes who develop by staying in one country. What time EST is the marathon happening this weekend? Did you find any TV schedule for it?
                          Durrr

Two questions: how many runners compete in the Olympic Men's Marathon, and it takes place off-track, right?