The League of Extraordinary Runners

Banter (Read 1523 times)

Diesel Power

Is that the same guy who was the president of CBRC? If so, I definitely saw him at the 5-Miler we did on 12/20. For what it's worth, he ran I pretty good race. I think he broke 29 and placed in his age group. Some bitter people left comments.
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yep, and he told many of us about it last Autumn, and I don't want to say anything else publicly here -- but yes he broke 30 at the 5-miler (he was happy about that). Crystal has probably a flu thing but is having trouble restraining herself from running anyway. This weather is incredible -- ran in shorts and short-sleeved shirt yesterday (13.5mi in Colton's Pt) and today (9mi locally) -- and I am one of the last people to put shorts on in the winter (but Crystal is even less likely to put shorts on in the winter than I).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

I hope they have a treadmill wherever Vic is going. Otherwise it might be difficult for him to stay in top running shape.

Diesel Power

Completely off the topic of running... Although there is probably less than a 1% chance of this coming to fruition, what would you guys think about Jason Campbell and a first round pick (this year or next) for Jay Cutler?
          Durrr

Running is essential to football.
              I don't dislike Jason Campbell, so I'd rather keep the draft pick. Can we use our pick on a new team owner?

Diesel Power

I’m trying to come to terms with the fact that we have an owner who is likely to only do things this way. That owner will also be around for a long time to come, unless he suddenly gets bored. That being said, Snyder and his GM/racquetball buddy Cerrato aren’t the greatest in the world at drafting. Under Dan Snyder, the Redskins have has some decent first round picks (most recently Landry), and a few more late round steals (Chris Horton… wasn’t Cooley a fifth rounder?). By and large, they’re not great at evaluating talent. I think they’re much more likely to squander a first round pick than get anyone extremely useful. Cerrato went on the record after their questionable second round picks last year and said that they picked who they thought was the best player on the board, not necessarily for who they need. Jay Cutler has a reputation for being a whiner, but he’s had solid stats and is not exactly in the twilight of his career. I believe he’s only 25, and I think he’s shown over the past couple of years that he can be a solid/above average quarterback, if not a bit better. If we can lock up the quarterback position for the next 7-10 years with a first rounder and a guy who I’m getting a scary Patrick Ramsey vibe from, I’m all-in. BTW, I’m only bringing this up today because apparently the Broncos are coming to terms with the fact that they’re going to have to trade him. I understand that other teams have more serious QB needs, but the Skins might be willing to give up more to get him. However, I’ve heard a nasty Brady Quinn-Jay Cutler straight-up trade that might trump all.
                philibusters

Jay Culter has to have more value than Brady Quinn. I am not saying Quinn is destined to be a failure, but he hasn't proven anything yet on the field. I likeD Cutler coming out of college simply because he played on a god awful team, yet was still decent. When you have below average receivers and a marginal offensive line in college and still do reasonable good, its a good indication you might make a good pro.

Diesel Power

My big worry about Cutler is that he has good receivers and a solid offensive line in Denver. Washington’s O-line often struggles, what with Thumbs Jansen and his backwards right foot on one side and an aging Chris Samuels on the other. The (re-)addition of Dockery at Guard should help, but hope they address the tackle situation with their first round pick. On that note, apparently Josh McDaniels wants players, not picks, if he is to trade Cutler. I heard an interview with a ‘Skins beat reporter where he said that a Campbell/Cooley or Campbell/Landry scenario might be in the mix. I don’t really want either of those to happen. If we gain Cutler but lose Cooley, that means Cutler will pretty much only have Moss to throw to (unless the recently drafted Thomas/Kelley/Davis can make something happen this year). End of the day, I think we’ll end up keeping all parties concerned. I can deal with that, though. I would like to see Cutler come in, but I don’t want to give up anything aside from Campbell.
                    philibusters

How did you make out Thursday Dowgiallo?
                        I had a pretty good time watching the tournament. I drank a ton throughout the day. Naturally, I did not run that day. I bounced back Friday with a decent run.
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We just recently saw the Office episode where they run the 5K. And Andy drafts off someone. It was hilarious Smile

Durrr

Perry, you should look at the CBRC website's homepage right now.
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm famous! Smile

Diesel Power

Link to a Runner's World survey about track habits. Nothing ground-breaking. http://opensource.runnersworld.com/2009/03/tell-us-about-y.html Link that shows the race premium for the Baltimore 10-miler in June. According to the race director, this premium will be reviewed as the best race swag in the country in an upcoming issue of Runner's World. It's kind of strange to be receiving a jacket as a race premium in June, but I guess it must be pretty nice. http://www.baltimoretenmiler.com/Race_Information.htm#jacket%2009