The League of Extraordinary Runners

NFL Talk (Read 545 times)

Durrr

The Capitals true power lies in their ability to redeem themselves. While that triple overtime loss last week was deeply tragic, what went down on Monday was perhaps their most infuriating defeat in franchise history:  just 7 seconds away from winning Game 5 and establishing a 3-2 (best out of 7) series lead, they allowed the Rangers to tie it up and force OT --- during which the Rags promptly scored and won. This of course put the Caps in the desperate position of facing elimination in last night's Game 6. But oh did they come out with a vengeance, and Ovi 8 scored exactly 88 seconds into the game (which should've been a 2-0 shut out win, except it wouldn't have been a Capitals playoff game without suspense until the last second so they finally allowed New York to score and make it 2-1 with about 50 seconds left). And this would've been top goal of all the playoffs if it had gone in.

http://www.denverpost.com/lacrosse/ci_20591924/dc-man-charged-death-denver-tourist

I didn't know Vernon Davis had another brother in the NFL. I also didn't know he had another brother who will soon be certifiably insane.

Durrr

It's because of maniacs like him that I wouldn't advise running past Books/Bon Buffet and the shadows along Lancaster Park as darkness descends (the scary side of post-prandialism).

philibusters

It's because of maniacs like him that I wouldn't advise running past Books/Bon Buffet and the shadows along Lancaster Park as darkness descends (the scary side of post-prandialism).

If you are going to get killed by a schizophrenic person, there is no neighborhood where running is safe because insanity can strike anyway.  That is a sad situation all around.  Its sad for the guy who lost his life and his family.

Joe you should have known Vontae Davis (Vernon's younger brother who is a cornerback in the NFL)--I have mentioned him to you before when I mentioned Maryland hired Mike Locksley, a coach with a troubled career, but who was a brilliant recruiter as their offensive coordinator.  I probably gave you a list of 6 or 7 NFL guys from this area he recruited to Illinois as their offensive coordinator and Vontae would have been one. Vernon was a little bit weird as far as football players go, much more artsy than most.  I know Vernon majored in art and painted for fun.  Once he got to the NFL he did weird things like pay a woman who made suits out of stuff to make him a suit out of candy bar wrappers.  So I knew there was an artistic steak in that family, but I didn't realize there was a mental illness streak in that family until a few months ago when the story about their younger brother broke.

I remember having a conversation about the controversial coach and recruits. I remember NONE of the names, though. I think that's the difference between your memory and mine. In an isolated conversation I have almost no chance of remembering names if they aren't ones I read about or hear in several other places. It's like my brain doesn't connect them to anything and so they float freely into oblivion.

Durrr

Last night on the treadmill I did 4 miles (separated by 3 recovery miles) at the machine's maximum speed (11 mph, 5:27/mi all the way for each ... with higher incline each time), and compared to the guy who was walking on the adjacent treadmill, I was a blur. But compared to this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_KM8zYFsk

It's probably for my safety that the SMLA fitness center treadmills max out at 11 mph, because otherwise I'd be at risk of attempting to pull off a feat inspired by that video.