The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

I want to, but might not be available until 8pm. So basically I can't. Sorry!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Are you running, Phil?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

I am trying to add some cross training to my exercise routine.   I added some strength training a couple weeks ago.   At various times before I have tried to add either cycling (on a stationary bike) or strength training to my routine and it usually starts off okay for maybe a month or two before I fall off.  Hopefully, I'll stick with it for longer than two months this time.  The nice thing about working on a military base is you have free access to a nice gym.

philibusters

Also why is the forum saying Perry has run 5150 miles this week?  That seems off (by like a factor of 100).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hey, it takes a lot of training to really be ready for a 24hr race.

I see different numbers; when I ask for the current year, I see 185 miles in 145 days. That seems a little slow.

philibusters

I got in a long run today in preparation for the 24 hour run.  Probably too little too late, but hopefully it helps a little bit.  I have no idea how I'll hold up at the 24 hour run.   Other than today I don't have any long runs and today wasn't very long.  I am thinking about breaking into shorter runs.  I need to get 14 total laps, so I am thinking of 3 parts of 5 laps - 5 laps- 4 laps or 6 laps -6 laps- 2 laps.   I figure I'll go to Panera for breakfast after the first set of laps and maybe Chiptole for lunch.  Try to get a hour and a half rest to get in food and to stretch between each segment.

Your training has been consistently improving the last month regardless. How's your hamstring? Are you still doubling schedule-wise, but using that other session for the cross training?

Diesel Power

HEY

HI

philibusters

I started running again after missing the month of January.

What are people's goals for the 24 hour run?   I am going to wait until the event is a little bit closer and I have a better idea of my fitness before I make a goal.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

re: 24hr

I am assuming this is not our "fast 75" year, Phil, due to your training difficulties recently.

I'd like to run 50+.

I'll probably want to do some slow social laps.

I want to come back in the morning with running gear on, to have the option.