The beautiful persons club

Make Your DW Love You (AKA Drop a Hint to your DH) (Read 441 times)

Erin is currently in finals week for her law school exams. Normally when she is in finals I buy a package of single serve chocolate bars and make sure to keep the freezer stocked with ice cream as the only way to maintain sanity (especially at that time of the month which always seems to coincide...) I'll usually leave the chocolate bars in conspicuous and random locations - inside of her tax book, under a pillow, on top of the tv, on the cats head (who is sleeping in her lap while Erin's snoring on the couch in an attempt to study...) Not necessarily the healthiest option. I came home with a bag of chocolates from the race last weekend and now there are 2 left (well, as of this morning there were 2 left, probably aren't any left now.) This is on top of a batch of brownies that she made up while I was gone. After going shopping yesterday, I informed her that I had decided against getting her chocolate bars this semester. After dinner I told her I came up with a way to make it up to her. She asked how. I told her by having her look in the fridge. Turns out dinner was late because I spent the first 10-15 minutes making her chocolate covered apricots - very simple, very fast, and immediate "brownie" points. So guys - make your wife happy by making her chocolate covered apricots to munch on during stressful times. Ladies, drop a hint. You'll thank me if your DH figures out what you are getting at. (Oh, and guys - don't tell her about them until after dinner. I don't know what your wives are like, but mine is very good at ruining her appetite when there's chocolate around.)

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, do you do this with dried apricots? I LOVE those...they are completely addictive. I love the part about the candy bar on your cat's head. Have you seen this site?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh my. That's just so sweet. Smile Good luck to Erin this week. How are you going to top this for the Bar Exam?!

Amy

Ooh, do you do this with dried apricots? I LOVE those...they are completely addictive.
          Yeah, way cheaper than buying them at the candy store (and apparently the ones we got her for her birthday direct from Havens weren't actually that good...) A little chocolate, a little shortening, and the dried apricots and instead of 2 chocolate covered apricots you get 15 or 20 of them. Might even cost less.
          Good luck to Erin this week. How are you going to top this for the Bar Exam?!
          Hopefully the timing of the bar exam is better than the timing for finals. How to top it is better described here, I think...
          I love the part about the candy bar on your cat's head. Have you seen this site?
          I've seen the site, but it's funnier when it is your own cat. Our cat is very good about helping Erin study, although she can sleep pretty hard sometimes, especially when Erin passes out over a book. Most of the pictures we take of our cat are when she gets into a situation all on her own. For example, a couple days ago she knocked over a laundry basket and arranged things just so...

Run to Win

Hmm, maybe we need to start a Beautiful Pets thread. She's a cutie!

Amy

Bugs

Blaine, Think you got this foreplay thing figured out. Big grin

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

I didn't get lots of chocolates or brownies when I was studying for the bar. But I got other candy.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmm, maybe we need to start a Beautiful Pets thread. She's a cutie!
                  We should--I have that handsome guy in my avatar. Big grin What is it with cats and laundry. Our female LOVES to sleep in the dirty clothes. One of our males loves the clean stuff.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I didn't get lots of chocolates or brownies when I was studying for the bar. But I got other candy.
                    Ummmm...this isn't the sex group, man. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Ummmm...this isn't the sex group, man. Tongue
                      My bad. DW and I were in the first 3 months of our relationship while I was studying for the bar...and you know how that is....and actually still is. Women in their 30's are amazing.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My bad. DW and I were in the first 3 months of our relationship while I was studying for the bar...and you know how that is....and actually still is. Women in their 30's are amazing.
                        Dirty old man. Wait, you're still just barely in your 30s, too... Wink

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Dirty old man. Wait, you're still just barely in your 30s, too... Wink
                          ? I am closer to 40 than 30. DW is 35 and puuuuurrrrrrfect.

I'll disgust you all by sharing that I'm not yet 30. I'll also agree with Marcus...women in their 30s are amazing. Wink

Run to Win

Prophet!

Women in their 30's are amazing.
                              I agree. But I'll take women in their 20s also.

A Saucy Wench

uh-oh...I only have a couple amazing years left. Roll eyes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7