The beautiful persons club

Hair - sometimes it really is a matter of life or death (Read 607 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I could kiss whoever came up with the name "Octomom". So evil sounding. Smile
    It's like she's a villain in a super-hero flick! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great haircut, Amy! Looks perfect on you. (...trying not to turn green with envy, lol)
        Veeerry nice, Amy! I'm ready to throw in the towel and take the scissors to my hair. Argh! One more week before I go get it trimmed. Not sure I'm going to live through this "growing all the layers out."

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

PWL

Has been

I have hair for the first time in forever. I had a shaved head for about 8 years. And frankly, hair pisses me off. Too much maintenance and all that. I don't know how you girls do it...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

PWL, did you lose power today? We didn't, but I noticed the traffic lights in Yarmouth were out. Almost had a HAIR CRISIS today. My color/cut was supposed to be last Wednesday, but I was out of town with DS so I postponed it until this morning (I told him that was proof of how much I love him - I went partially GRAY for him!!). We had a big snowstorm over night, and my hairstylist called to say her shop didn't have power. Ack! She said I could come, anyway, thank goodness. I barely got our Tahoe out of our driveway, even with 4WD. I WAS DETERMINED!! So she cut/colored my hair, but of course she couldn't dry it! I hadn't thought of that little detail. After my appointment, the LOW FUEL light came on, so I had to stop to pump gas with wet hair. Sigh. It's hard being a BP sometimes.
              Teresa - I distinctly remember a morning where we woke up with no power at home, but I used my cell and called work to see if the phones picked up. Bingo! Got ready for work, then washed my hair, and drove downtown with a towel wrapped around my head so I could style my hair at work in the dinky bathroom mirror we have. Had to use an extension cord because there's no power outlet in the bathroom. The Hub thought I was nuts, but like you said, being a BP is tuff stuff and we do what we must do. Big grin

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Teresadfp

One day at a time

LOL, Leslie! I've decided I should stop pulling my hair back in a ponytail, because this morning DH said I look like Olympia Snowe. Shocked Thanks, dear.
                PWL

Has been

PWL, did you lose power today? We didn't, but I noticed the traffic lights in Yarmouth were out.
                  Yeah--we lost it overnight at some point. It came back on briefly in the morning (long enough for me to take a shower), then went off again until around 10:00 am.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Bugs

Dragon, Very nice hair.

Bugs