The beautiful persons club

Shameless self-promotion (Read 837 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Marcus, the new mix (Soft Seduction) is excellent. I've only had a chance to listen to part of it, but I think it's my favorite one, so far. Well done!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, the new mix (Soft Seduction) is excellent. I've only had a chance to listen to part of it, but I think it's my favorite one, so far. Well done!
      Thanks Jeff. It's more on the trance side of where I normally am. Wait until the last 1/2. It takes off.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thanks Jeff. It's more on the trance side of where I normally am. Wait until the last 1/2. It takes off.
        It's hot out today, so I'm heading to the indoor walking track for my workout. It will be my accompaniment.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

It's hot out today, so I'm heading to the indoor walking track for my workout. It will be my accompaniment.
          Have fun. I got in 6 this morning starting at 5:15 so it was still dark and cool outside. I don't normally run with an iPod outside, only on the dreadmill. But for some reason this morning I loaded Tesla's first album on my shuffle and ran with it. It was quite nice.

Btw Marcus, look what I found - http://www.westoceandjsets.com/

The Greatest of All Time

Btw Marcus, look what I found - http://www.westoceandjsets.com/
              There are a lot of those sites out there. In fact, links to my mixes turned up on several in Europe and Australia. I can track downloads on my server and I saw all of these random websites. So I went and looked and voila...there they were. I honestly have no idea how it happened, but I am glad it did. Downloads from my server went through the roof. Then last Saturday I went to XTC radio London's website and they were streaming one of my mixes. Again, I have no idea how it happened. One of my mixes is going to be aired on friskeyRadio next Monday and I am trying to work out a weekly residency with them starting this coming fall. And this is just a hobby for me, albeit a time consuming one. Big grin

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Another new mix already? Dude, your are on fire! BTW, "Progressions Vol. 1" got me through my first post calf strain run yesterday. You must be doing something right, because I sometimes find myself listening to your mixes in the car -- normally the domain of karaoke-worthy sing-a-longs and random iPod shuffling.

The Greatest of All Time

Another new mix already? Dude, your are on fire! BTW, "Progressions Vol. 1" got me through my first post calf strain run yesterday. You must be doing something right, because I sometimes find myself listening to your mixes in the car -- normally the domain of karaoke-worthy sing-a-longs and random iPod shuffling.
                  If you're referring to the Shades of Baroque Mix I posted today there is a story behind it that is pretty cool to me. Let me see if I can explain quickly. Baroque has been my favorite label since 2001. They are located in the UK. On Saturday I threw that mix together of nothing but Baroque releases. I really just did it for fun and for me to listen to. I had all of those tracks on vinyl so I know them well. I sort of stumbled across the email address of the guy that owns the label (he's a producer also). I inquired about a release from 2001 that has never been released digitally. I also thanked him for sticking around and staying in business, etc. As an after thought I mentioned that I had just recorded this mix and gave him the track lists. I honestly didn't expect a reply. This morning I got an email from him thanking me for all of my support. Cool. Then he asked if he could have the link to this mix NOW. Baroque has a show on DI FM the last Thursday of the month called Baroque In Session . I can't begin to tell you have many big name DJ's have had mixes on that show. I used to search the internet to find downloads for the mixes that were played. Some of my major influences have been on that show. This Thursday's show will feature the 90 minute mix put together by yours truly. I about shit myself this morning when I read his email. In fact I had to read it like 5 times to make sure I wasn't still asleep and dreaming. I have been trying like crazy to get on DI, but they won't even talk to me. So, this is pretty cool for me since it's just a hobby. I can't fully explain how much this means to me. But all of a sudden out of no where people are opening up to me within the industry. ????

OMG!!! Marcus, that is fucking awesome!!! MTA: Marcus, i can't click on that site from work. Can I assume that they have streaming so that I can listen to it online?

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

OMG!!! Marcus, that is fucking awesome!!!
                      Thanks Amy. I am not sure how all of this is happening. But in July I only had 100 downloads from my server. I have already hit 1000 in August. Shocked MTA: let me see if this analogy works to describe the significance to me. Let's say you love Armani clothes. You just love how they look, how you look in them, etc. You're an Armani freak. You have closests full of Armani. Then imagine one day Giorgio himself asks you to come to Paris and be his featured model for his new fall line. It's like that.

A career change might be in order. Just sayin'. Smile

Amy

MTA: let me see if this analogy works to describe the significance to me. Let's say you love Armani clothes. You just love how they look, how you look in them, etc. You're an Armani freak. You have closests full of Armani. Then imagine one day Giorgio himself asks you to come to Paris and be his featured model for his new fall line. It's like that.
                          Thank you for putting it in terms I can appreciate. Big grin Marcus, I'm absolutely thrilled for you!

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

OMG!!! Marcus, that is fucking awesome!!! MTA: Marcus, i can't click on that site from work. Can I assume that they have streaming so that I can listen to it online?
                            If you go to http://djmarcus.libsyn.com you should be able to stream it. Let me know. Warning: It's very, very dark stuff.

If you go to http://djmarcus.libsyn.com you should be able to stream it. Let me know. Warning: It's very, very dark stuff.
                              Cool. I used to be goth. Wink

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

Cool. I used to be goth. Wink
                                Not sure it's that dark. And you were not goth. Stop. If so, I want pics.