The beautiful persons club

BPC Member Pics (Read 1663 times)

Welcome, Jeremy! Lovely photos. Smile

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, great pictures! You both are BPs! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

Welcome!!

Another Passion

Dude. Big grin

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Skooter 3.0

Exxxxxcelent...happy to be on the team...

Goals?

Would you believe that I had been running for about 41 miles at this point?

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Wow, you still have a smile on your face! Amazing. Smile

Amy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great photo, Blaine. I think you're crazy, though!! Shocked MTA: Hmm, maybe I don't want you hanging around DS too much! Don't want you giving him any ideas!! (he's running the two-mile at Dartmouth tomorrow, in the championship section. I think he will be surprised how far back he is, huh?)
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Blaine = nucking futs BP! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

Blaine - that is a GREAT smile!!!

MTA: Hmm, maybe I don't want you hanging around DS too much! Don't want you giving him any ideas!! (he's running the two-mile at Dartmouth tomorrow, in the championship section. I think he will be surprised how far back he is, huh?)
                        Heh, no fears, I didn't run a marathon until I was a month shy of 21, and didn't run a second one until I was 23. I'm a big believer in taking your time to move up to longer distances, especially for kids that are still growing. How did he do?
                        Blaine - that is a GREAT smile!!!
                        It's the dimples. Wink

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for asking, Blaine. Oh. My. God. He did awesome. First off, he drove us the 3 hours to Dartmouth safely. Whew! Wink He's got his learner's permit right now. There were a total of 77 runners. He was one of 22 in the championship (seeded) section. He was seeded 12th. He started on the outside of the track, and managed to weasel his way to the inside front very quickly. He told me he decided to stay with the guys in front as long as possible. I was standing at the edge of the track, and although I shouted at him every lap, he was so focused he never heard me. He was 8th or 9th for awhile, then moved up to 3rd! That freaked me out, because I knew he shouldn't be there. Somehow he miscounted laps, so when he finished the 15th lap, he thought he was done! He looked like he was going to die (it amazed me that the #1 guy didn't look as if he even broke a sweat!). He ended up in 6th place, in 9:36.12. His previous 3200-meter PR was 9:39, which I guess translates to a 9:45 two-mile, so he improved his time by 9 seconds. He was SO pumped and excited. He said, "Mom, I even POOPED myself!" I told him the correct verb was "Candiced." Should I tell Candice that? Big grin He has the best two-mile time in the state right now (for the indoor track season). He's one second shy of the Greely High School two-mile record (indoor track, of course, since Ben True never ran it, lol). It was fun eating out afterwards and then having him drive home. He chattered non-stop about the race. I told him he could talk about it as much as he wanted, because that's what moms are for! Gas to Darmouth: $25 Food: $80 (the kid eats a lot) Admission to the Dartmouth Relays: $8 Seeing my first-born excel in something I could NEVER even dream of: Priceless. SmileSmile

Think Whirled Peas

Thanks for asking, Blaine. Oh. My. God. He did awesome. First off, he drove us the 3 hours to Dartmouth safely. Whew! Wink He's got his learner's permit right now. There were a total of 77 runners. He was one of 22 in the championship (seeded) section. He was seeded 12th. He started on the outside of the track, and managed to weasel his way to the inside front very quickly. He told me he decided to stay with the guys in front as long as possible. I was standing at the edge of the track, and although I shouted at him every lap, he was so focused he never heard me. He was 8th or 9th for awhile, then moved up to 3rd! That freaked me out, because I knew he shouldn't be there. Somehow he miscounted laps, so when he finished the 15th lap, he thought he was done! He looked like he was going to die (it amazed me that the #1 guy didn't look as if he even broke a sweat!). He ended up in 6th place, in 9:36.12. His previous 3200-meter PR was 9:39, which I guess translates to a 9:45 two-mile, so he improved his time by 9 seconds. He was SO pumped and excited. He said, "Mom, I even POOPED myself!" I told him the correct verb was "Candiced." Should I tell Candice that? Big grin He has the best two-mile time in the state right now (for the indoor track season). He's one second shy of the Greely High School two-mile record (indoor track, of course, since Ben True never ran it, lol). It was fun eating out afterwards and then having him drive home. He chattered non-stop about the race. I told him he could talk about it as much as he wanted, because that's what moms are for! Gas to Darmouth: $25 Food: $80 (the kid eats a lot) Admission to the Dartmouth Relays: $8 Seeing my first-born excel in something I could NEVER even dream of: Priceless. SmileSmile
                            That is such a great story!!!! Congrats, and good luck for the rest of his season. P.S. Make sure to keep us posted on his other races. The kid's quick!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

He has the best two-mile time in the state right now (for the indoor track season). He's one second shy of the Greely High School two-mile record (indoor track, of course, since Ben True never ran it, lol). It was fun eating out afterwards and then having him drive home. He chattered non-stop about the race. I told him he could talk about it as much as he wanted, because that's what moms are for! Gas to Darmouth: $25 Food: $80 (the kid eats a lot) Admission to the Dartmouth Relays: $8 Seeing my first-born excel in something I could NEVER even dream of: Priceless. SmileSmile
                              Awesome! Tell him congrats for me, that ain't walking. As for food, he's a growing boy that runs a lot. If it only cost you $80, you got off cheap. Wink

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Q and Blaine. I passed on your messages to him. He's now a national qualifier (NSIC) in the two-mile and 4xmile relay. He probably won't go, but it's cool, anyway.