The beautiful persons club

BPC Member Pics (Read 1663 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got big ones. See.. Land of 10,000 lakes, this is one of them.
    I love that....BTW, MI has more lakes than MN (it's really evident when flying over the state...really cool). Not sure why we don't make more of a point to market that feature. I think MN does a better job attracting tourism dollars.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Maine should do a better job, too! We have the ocean, mountains, AND lakes. In Texas, though, Maine's not even on the radar. I think more people would come up here if the state would advertise in magazines like Texas Monthly. I guess I should e-mail the tourism department, not that they would listen to me.

Another Passion

Nice guns!
        I agree and... probably bigger than mine. Roll eyes Blush

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Bugs

Maine should do a better job, too! We have the ocean, mountains, AND lakes. In Texas, though, Maine's not even on the radar. I think more people would come up here if the state would advertise in magazines like Texas Monthly. I guess I should e-mail the tourism department, not that they would listen to me.
          That's funny. I swear they count every little lake and most of them are very little. I have always wanted to come to Maine! Next group run is Maine.

Bugs

What I find humorous is that my mother lives on a "pond" up here in Maine - but it often shows up in maps of the entire country. (Not labeled, just as a body of water.)

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

One of the main things that surprised me when we moved up here was that we were always passing lakes or ponds when we would go on a drive! They're everywhere! But the weird thing is that there aren't THAT many good places to swim! Range Pond is a good 25- or 30-minute drive from our house. The beach in Freeport is OK when the tide is in, but you have to plan that. And there aren't any outdoor public pools that I know of. Kind of weird!

There's the Kiwanis pool in Portland that is outdoors. Plenty of indoor pools. As for beaches, we usually go to Cape Elizabeth to Crescent Beach.

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Where is the Kiwanis pool?? Never been there. We love Crescent Beach, but it takes us about 45 minutes to get there. What are some of the indoor pools, other than Ys? Thanks!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Our favorite beach is the one north/above the channel here. I will be running out that way tomorrow:

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That looks beautiful, Kirsten! How far is it from your house?
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

About 4 mile by car. There is talk of a paved bike path that would probably cut it down to 2.5-3 miles.

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

I think I see a school of salmon!

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I see a school of salmon!
                            Ooh, catch 'em and smoke 'em! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

Our favorite beach is the one north/above the channel here. I will be running out that way tomorrow:
                              Beautiful! Now if it has waves, it will become Fabulous!
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Now that I know how to post photos, I'm going WILD! Here are two photos of my little princess.