The beautiful persons club

Happy 4th of July, Beautiful People! (Read 260 times)

Amy

Oh Mighty Wing

Yeah Happy 4th!!!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cool photo...and I'm guessing it's not Photoshopped, either. I'd love the see NYC's fireworks someday. What's everyone got planned for the day? The boys are going to a parade, I will run while they are down there, then spending the day at my MIL's ( Roll eyes ) and fireworks on her little beach (they shoot them off a tiny island in the lake that is just yards from her backyard).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Have a great 4th everyone. Celebrate freedom from tyranny. I will do so by boiling bratwurst in beer, grilling it, and eating it. While drinking more beer. Yay freedom!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have a great 4th everyone. Celebrate freedom from tyranny. I will do so by boiling bratwurst in beer, grilling it, and eating it. While drinking more beer. Yay freedom!
            You could just go over to my folks' place and eat some of theirs. My dad called while I was running to taunt me with descriptions of brats on the boil. Cry

~ Sarah Kay

I ran a 10k this morning, watched half the parade go by, and spent the afternoon trying to figure out how to keep the credit card company from bending me over too much. No big plans the rest of the day; we're going to bed early so that we can get up for an ass-crack of dawn flight to a friend's wedding tomorrow. I expect to be not quite sober tomorrow evening.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I volunteered at the same 10k Blaine ran in (got to see him and DS finsh the race), then had to work all afternoon on engineering drawings. Last night, our family plus my parents went down to the Eastern Promenade in Portland to see the fireworks display over the harbor. Very beautiful! The way Portland is situated on a peninsula makes it really hard when there's a high volume of traffic, though, and it took 45 minutes to go about 2 blocks! So we didn't get home until after 11 pm. Today I'm getting DS13 ready for the fishing camp he's going to tomorrow for the week. Is it terrible to say that it will be nice to have a break from the kid? Shocked

Think Whirled Peas

I hope everyone had a great day! We sure did. Perfect weather for my two children (4 1/2 and 2 1/2) to be outside all day playing with dad. We got the pool out and had a pretty good water fight. Dad grilled some pork tenderloin up for dinner, and then we made brownies to eat out by the fire. When my son (the four-year old) deemed it dark enough, we busted out the sparklers and had a blast with those. I'll never understand the allure of sparklers and children, but will vouch for them being unbelievably entertaining. So much fun at this age. I even found a little time to get an easy six miler in; I needed it too. All in all, it was a pretty good day. Beautiful, even.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Sounds like everyone had a good time! Blaine/Teresa: photos? Smile I got to watch the fireworks from the balcony of my new place. Yes

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I got to watch the fireworks from the balcony of my new place. Yes
                      That's awesome! I'm super jealous -- my old house in Cali had a great fireworks view. New one not so much.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I got to watch the fireworks from the balcony of my new place. Yes
                        That's awesome! I'm super jealous -- my old house in Cali had a great fireworks view. New one not so much.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We had a good day, too...highlight was rubbernecking the Rothbury Music Festival in the wee hours of this AM. Fireworks at my MIL's place were really good, too (for a tiny town they put on an amazing show that is entirely funded by locals). Also got a 7 miler in in the AM while the dids went to the parade in town. Ate too much on the deck at my MIL's place...what's new.

~ Sarah Kay

Non ducor, duco.

I know it makes me a total yahoo but the 4th will never be the same now that we can't shoot anything off ourselves. Those were the good old days when you got to scare the crap out of yourself with a firework! (sigh).
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know it makes me a total yahoo but the 4th will never be the same now that we can't shoot anything off ourselves. Those were the good old days when you got to scare the crap out of yourself with a firework! (sigh).
                              Why can't you shoot off your own stuff...?

~ Sarah Kay

Non ducor, duco.

Because we live in suburban hell and all the dogooders are keepin us down. Its illegal to shoot off in city limits and getting out of city limits in Houston is 4 hours in any direction.