The beautiful persons club

Happy 4th of July, Beautiful People! (Read 260 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shit, I'd move. We were shooting of illegal ones last night (DH's uncle had a bunch). Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Almost all fireworks are illegal in the entire state of Maine! Some people buy them in New Hampshire, but the Maine cops have started staking out those stands and nabbing anyone who brings them back into the state. Sparklers are legal, though, which seems kind of strange. They get VERY hot. Last night, we saw lots of little kids waving them around and pretending they were swords.

Non ducor, duco.

If I didn't have an application pending with the Bar, I probably would have just done it. Apparenltly, I'm not supposed to get in trouble. I've also walked off from some good bar fights. Just kidding. You are supposed to burn the tips of you fingers off at least once as a kid!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, anything that leaves the ground is illegal in MI. Apparently everyone has made a trip to IN to buy fireworks, though... Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You know what's bad-ass is when you have a 3 to 4 foot length of steel pipe that's plugged up at one end and you shoot bottle rockets out of it over-the-shoulder, bazooka-style. Or so I've heard. Man, sometimes I miss being a teenager.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I am SO keeping you away from my children! A teenaged boy with an engineering bent is a scary thing, and I have two of them. I'm trying to keep it a secret from them.

Bugs

Dragon, Awesome pictures. Very cool. Zoom, We got the same fireworks laws in MN and they can't be very powerful and barely go boom. Jeff, You are so funny. I blew up most of my toys as a kid trying to be creative. On the fourth, had an easy 4 mile run, an 8K race, PR of 40:22, and then my two boys ran the kid's races. Lied about the ones age to get him into the one mile. Told my DH I could really use him at mile 3, he barely saw me finish. Oh well, don't know it would have made a difference. Watched the parade, and came home and packed for vacaiton. We're at DH's parents this week. Thursday we leave for camping. For the last 12 years we have camped with DH's highschool friends, no kids allowed. It's a great weekend, but hard to balance running with eating camp food, staying up late around the camp fire, sleeping in uncomfortable tent, and drinking alchohl. Typically I end up not eating, not drinking, and going to be bed early, so I can run in the morning. If only his friends were runners.

Bugs

A Saucy Wench

I must say, Sunriver is an awesome place to spend the 4th if you have young kids. Most of the places around here have "no fireworks" laws, but people ignore them. Heck, I have even seen church groups selling the illegal kind as fund raisers. And unfortunately the stuff that IS legal are the really loud poppers. But SR is such a fire hazard that they allow nothing and enforce the shit out of it. Now dont get me wrong, I love fireworks, I really do. But here in OR it doesnt get dark until 10 pm. By then my kiddos are passed out cold. And getting woken up until 2 am with crackers sucks ass when you dont even get to go out and enjoy them. We had a fabulous picnic sponsered by the fire dept where the kids got to check out the equipment and even sit in a helicopter, and then had a quiet quiet evening under the trees and stars. Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Bugs

Now dont get me wrong, I love fireworks, I really do. But here in OR it doesnt get dark until 10 pm. By then my kiddos are passed out cold. And getting woken up until 2 am with crackers sucks ass when you dont even get to go out and enjoy them. We had a fabulous picnic sponsered by the fire dept where the kids got to check out the equipment and even sit in a helicopter, and then had a quiet quiet evening under the trees and stars. Big grin
                    Slip a little rum in their milk and cookies for night time snack and they'll sleep like babies. JUST KIDDING! Sounds like a nice picnic. Was so nice that it was not 90+ degrees like it normally is. I'm getting spoiled, not having to be up at 5:00 a.m. to beat the heat of the day.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I am SO keeping you away from my children! A teenaged boy with an engineering bent is a scary thing, and I have two of them. I'm trying to keep it a secret from them.
                      but think about how cool you would be if you built the potato launcher to show them!!!!!

Oh Mighty Wing

Thursday we leave for camping. For the last 12 years we have camped with DH's highschool friends, no kids allowed. It's a great weekend, but hard to balance running with eating camp food, staying up late around the camp fire, sleeping in uncomfortable tent, and drinking alchohl. Typically I end up not eating, not drinking, and going to be bed early, so I can run in the morning. If only his friends were runners.
                        we are going camping this weekend too!!! We are leaving friday morning. I am concerned about the running also! Course i've rearranged the week so I'll be doing 1-3 milers the days i'm gone.
                          We had a fabulous picnic sponsered by the fire dept where the kids got to check out the equipment and even sit in a helicopter, and then had a quiet quiet evening under the trees and stars. Big grin
                          That sounds so cool for the kids. Heck, I'm jealous. Smile

Amy