The beautiful persons club

BPC Member Pics (Read 1663 times)

PWL

Has been

Since you asked, lol... His team came in 4th place yesterday at the New England meet, out of 30 teams. Teams from Maine don't do very well, usually, so this was a big deal. Every one of the boys set a personal PR, and their total time was a PR by almost 7 seconds. Mark's time was 1:56! That's a state record for Maine, I think, but I guess it won't count since it's a relay split. Next week they'll run the 4xmile relay at the national NSIC meet in New York City, and DS will also be running in the 2-mile. It will be challenging for him, because the qualifying standard is 9:40, and his best time is 9:36, the best by far he did all season. He knows he'll have to run a great race to avoid coming in last place! Here's their photo (my son is on the left):
    Ah...my alma mater. Go Greely! I never ran for them--just played golf, tennis and basketball. They always seemed to field a pretty good track team though. Guess that hasn't changed. Congrats to your son!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, I didn't know you went to Greely! Cool! It wasn't that long ago for you! Did you see that they won the state hockey championship today?? The coach, Mr. Mothes, is also my son's Shakespeare teacher. I don't know why that cracks me up! Huh, come to think of it, the XC and track coach (David Dowling) is also an English teacher.
      PWL

Has been

Wow, I didn't know you went to Greely! Cool! It wasn't that long ago for you! Did you see that they won the state hockey championship today?? The coach, Mr. Mothes, is also my son's Shakespeare teacher. I don't know why that cracks me up! Huh, come to think of it, the XC and track coach (David Dowling) is also an English teacher.
        I think one of track coaches when I was there was also an English teacher (Mr. Paul--I can't remember his first name).

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I think one of track coaches when I was there was also an English teacher (Mr. Paul--I can't remember his first name).
          Danny Paul.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

PWL

Has been

Danny Paul.
            That's him. As I said, I never ran track so I didn't run in to him much. But he had been around the Greater Portland running community for quite awhile from what I heard.

The awesome Miss ShanGen:

Amy

Oh Mighty Wing

Blush aww sucks!!! THANKS!!!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*whistles* Hey, hot stuff! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Not much happening lately so I thought I'd share a pic of me in my current non-BP disguise...only 9 days until I can get rid of this crap on my face (7 days until it gets limited to just the mustache):

The trail group I run with is having a bad mustache contest at the Pineland Farms Trail Challenge.  I'm surprised I was able to grow as much as I have...but I'll definitely be rockin' the perv'stache next weekend for the races.

Erin and I are both very much looking forward to it getting shaved.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Good luck with the contest! 

Poor Erin. 

Amy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It makes you look older!