The beautiful persons club

Sportin' some stylish new shoes...that I made. (Read 443 times)

Got some new shoes, just got finished making them...can't wait to run in them:

IMG_0537

Construction Process:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/runtowin/sets/72157623799942249/

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Run in them?  For real?

Run in them?  For real?

Yeah, why not?  That's why I made them. I can't wear open-toed shoes to work. Smile

Run to Win

Is it comfortable?  Does the knot at the bottom get in the way?  As seen on this picture:

Is it comfortable?  Does the knot at the bottom get in the way?  As seen on this picture:

Other than a very brief jog in front of the house last night I haven't tried them running yet, but I didn't even notice the knot.  I melted it so that it wouldn't come undone and flattened it pretty good in the process and I imagine running on it will only flatten it more.  There's an alternate way of putting the knot in where the knot is on the top, but I didn't see the need to put an extra hole in, mostly because the hole is smaller than the cord so it's tough to get it through.

I'll provide some updates about how well they work once I've had a few runs in them.

Run to Win

A Saucy Wench

looks like bodyglide between the toes will be a must.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

looks like bodyglide between the toes will be a must.

I doubt it; they're pretty tight.

My hamstring has been bugging me the last few days though so I didn't run today. Sad

Got pretty good at the juggling game on my wife's wii fit, though.

Run to Win

RTW, I didn't know you were crafty!  Those are awesome.

Amy

Not so clean after the first trail run...this photo is after I rinsed off by wading through the brook and scraped off by running through the calf-high grass for a few miles:

Huaraches First Trail Run

Run to Win

Whoa.  That's some serious dirt there.  Smile

Amy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Whoa.  That's some serious dirt there.  Smile

LOL, my son will come home from a run looking like that.  If I don't say anything, he'll go to bed that way.  When I tell him to take a shower, he rolls his eys!  Ick.

A Saucy Wench

I can't help but thinking you need a toga to match

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7