The beautiful persons club

Sick BP People (Read 428 times)

Bugs

So when you're sick are you still a BP? When I'm sick I look it.. everyone at work stays away, I'm told to go home, and I do. If I try to stumble through the day I don't get better. My boss knows this, I've tried and end up in the hospital, or the flu turns into strep throat into bronchitis. (I think I was the runt in the litter.) Friday I ended up taking the afternoon off to sleep off a bad cold, but then came back to work in the evening and finished up. I've looked like crap all week. I admire you BP that can keep the look up even when you're sick! How do you do it?

Bugs

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well, we work from home, so that helps! As a BP, I expect DH to pamper me and tell me I'm still beautiful!

Oh Mighty Wing

nope i still look sick.

A Saucy Wench

Nope I look like ass when I am sick. I'm on the recovery side of it and we went out last night and the amount of under eye concealer required was astonishing. Especially since I dont usually wear makeup.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

When I'm sick, I look like road kill that someone backed up over and gave another run at. Honey, it takes a lot of work on my part to a BP.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I'm not usually too bad, but I rarely get seriously sick. I'm not a fan.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Jazz hands!

We're just not getting the right kind of sick. Those consumptive ladies were HOT in the 1800s. I look like butt when I'm sick, but largely because I mostly mope around, stay in my PJs all day and don't shower.
                run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Bugs

I'm not usually too bad, but I rarely get seriously sick. I'm not a fan.
                  UGH! Reminds me of people who brag they are tall. Completely envious. I must have been the runt of the litter. I get sick easily and don't get over it easily. If I get one thing I have to be very careful to rest else I catch something else. How do I improve my immune system? Wheatgrass shots?

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bugs, when I was younger I NEVER got sick...my kid is the same way--8 and hasn't once been on antibiotics. How insane is that? He's never even had a single ear infection. Of course, his good health seems to have been robbed from me. Now I live in fear of even minor colds...I'm super prone to sinus infections and even minor chest colds kick my asthma into high gear. As far as how I look sick--I seem to get that "hot consumption" thing that Alex referred to. Kind of like Nicole Kidman's character in Moulin Rouge. I get very pale and my dark blue eyes turn darker...so that pupil and iris aren't real distinguishable from each other. But I prefer the way I look when my cheeks are pink and I don't have that heroine chic (without the skinny part, heh) look.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Zoom, Your asthma makes me feel guilty for complaining. I'm sure that takes it to a whole new level of seriousness. This time instead of fighting being sick, I folded and forced myself to sleep, sleep, and sleep. Did the trick. For years I've been telling myself it was just time but you really do need rest. My latest thing has been those anti-bacterial wipes. I carry them with me everywhere. I am working with coach for this marathon and my log is nothing but sick days and can't afford any more. Sad

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

January is frequently my bad month. At least it has been the last couple of years. My log has looked, well, sick this year and last. The Pace Bunny always gets a good head start.

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

January is frequently my bad month. At least it has been the last couple of years. My log has looked, well, sick this year and last. The Pace Bunny always gets a good head start.
                          March is mine. Took me 37 years to see the pattern. Think I do better with fall marathons. MN mosiquitos must eat all the germs.

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha! I'm hoping this May is better than last May. That's when my asthma/allergy issues really came to a head. That could make for a very miserable May marathon this year. Fall is probably when I feel the healthiest. Summer is great as long as the humidity isn't too brutal coming off of Lake MI.

~ Sarah Kay