The beautiful persons club

BP Swimming Questions (Read 413 times)

Bugs

I'm registered for an indoor triathlon, my first TRI anything to play along with me that it is a big.  First problem, hair dressed talked me into a color in Feb, but I think with all this swimming a color is money wasted. Thoughts?

Second, I have a red/black swimsuit and pink swimmers cap. Do I get a new swimsuit or new cap?

I have big problems don't? Hey we needed a new thread.

Bugs

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I HATE swimming with a passion, so I can't help you much.  I did try taking lessons at one point for a couple of months, and my hair color didn't seem to suffer.  For me, I would rather purchase a new swim cap, because it's so hard to find a flattering swimsuit.

I just wish I could figure out why some women look so good after a run, and I look like a puppy that's been dragged through the mud!  It's so sad.  Not all the image a BP should project.

A Saucy Wench

dont worry about the cap & suit matching, you will have to wear the cap they give you at the triathlon.  Or if you mean for training, then caps are cheaper.  Unless you are looking for an excuse to buy a new suit.

And I've heard you can protect your hair color somewhat by working a leave in conditioner through before putting it in the cap.  But yeah, for me it pretty much just strips the color right out.  When I was swimming a lot I would just go with whatever color matched my roots the best and tried to keep the greys under control.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I don't color, and my hair is short enough I don't need a cap.  Never had much of a problem w/the pool water...

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

A Saucy Wench

I don't color, and my hair is short enough I don't need a cap.  Never had much of a problem w/the pool water...

I think most of us ladies would have to leave this group if we went with your haircut.  Good for you, for me...not so good.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I used to use something called Dolphin shampoo to get the chlorine out of my hair post-swim.  Not sure if they even make it anymore. 

Amy

A Saucy Wench

I used to use something called Dolphin shampoo to get the chlorine out of my hair post-swim.  Not sure if they even make it anymore. 

there are a couple brands (ultra swim etc.) most of them will take the chlorine out but many of them will also strip color. So at least your hair doesnt turn green.

I get a weave regularly and swim at least once or twice a week.  I make sure that I get my hair wet with regular water before I get in the pool.  Your hair is supposed to be like a sponge and will soak up the first water it comes in contact with, by making that water be fresh water, it "should" cut down on the amount of chlorinated water that is absorbed.  I also will sometimes put conditioner on then before I put on my swim cap.  I have friends who swear by that, but I'm lazy sometimes and don't mess with it.

As far as the swimsuit/cap issue, I think you need both, a new swimsuit to match the pink cap and a new cap to match the red/black swimsuit.  Beautiful people can't show up two times in a row in a the same outfit ya know Wink

Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers

Bugs

scubagrrl,

ALL EXCELLENT ADVICE!

Guys, know this swimming event is VERY low key. First and foremost this is Minnesota, outside TRIs consist of ice fishing right now. This is an INDOOR non-competive triathlon, 15 minutes of swimming, 20 min biking, and 20 minutes running...all inside. There is no winner, just your personal best.  I'm the classic non-swimmer taking a plunge in the deep end, a bit scared but doing it anyway and that I think is cool.

I bet they don't have pink suits. I forsure need the kind of suit where I don't have wardrobe malfunctions.

I think I will cancel the hair color.

I am so sore today..it sucks to be me right now.

Bugs

Bugs

Thought I bought a black cap and here it is navy blue. Why do bad things happen to good people?

Bugs

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thought I bought a black cap and here it is navy blue. Why do bad things happen to good people?

OOH, I hate it when that happens!  That is NOT supposed to happen to us beautiful people!!

Stupid bad store lighting.  How disappointing!

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think the only solution to this problem is a Bedazzler! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay