The beautiful persons club

Shameless self-promotion (Read 837 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Pretty dark, moody laid back Techno mix recorded this weekend. Stream or download Here or on iTunes Note: I was totally high on Vicodin when I did this and that drug causes me to have pretty bad amnesia. Therefore, I cannot say for 100% certain I mixed this. But it was on my PC and I bought all of the tracks, so there's enough circumstantial evidence to send it to the jury. My next mix will be a lot more energetic with me getting back to my roots. I already have the tracks selected but need to put them in proper order.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      Note: I was totally high on Vicodin when I did this and that drug causes me to have pretty bad amnesia.
      This is a promising start for a techno mix. Looking forward to checking it out!

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Coincidentally, I subscribed to this earlier this morning. I wasn't aware of the iTunes store link, so I subscribed in iTunes via the RSS feed in your blog. Look forward to checking it out.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I listened to the "Minimal Mix" on my run today. I don't usually wear headphones on the run, but I was on a 12-lap to the mile indoor track. Good stuff, helped my drift off and not worry about having to do 72+ laps. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

I listened to the "Minimal Mix" on my run today. I don't usually wear headphones on the run, but I was on a 12-lap to the mile indoor track. Good stuff, helped my drift off and not worry about having to do 72+ laps. Big grin
            Well, I am glad it worked out for you Big grin 72+ laps. Dude, that's like my 22 mile dreadmill runs. Eww. Wait until I post up the one I have planned to record this weekend. It's going to be a mover. You will want to run, dance, climb a pole or something. I am still selecting which tracks to drop on it and I might make my first 120 minute mix. Yes, I have that much new good music. The style is going to be progressive house which is like a little bit of trance and a little bit of house. Actually Jeff, a lot of my progressive tracks will remind you sonically of Floyd. Think of One of These Days off of Meddle, evolve it about 35 years with a few little tweaks and that's where my stuff is. And all you female beauts will like it because it's going to have several vocal tracks on it. My wife (and most women) like vocal tracks. And I don't mean cheesy club remixes of top 40, like Britney Spears. Any DJ that plays that crap and believes it's good should be shot.

The Greatest of All Time

Bump. As promised, new 2 hour mix posted. This one might make you want to move a little. Wink Get it at iTunes if you want to drop it on your iPod. On a running note, I get my stitches out today. Knee feels awesome. But, I am pretty sure I broke my toe Sunday morning. Evil grin MTA: Damn thing isn't showing up on iTunes yet. Give it a little bit.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On a running note, I get my stitches out today. Knee feels awesome. But, I am pretty sure I broke my toe Sunday morning. Evil grin
                Wha...how did you do that?! Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

MTA: Damn thing isn't showing up on iTunes yet. Give it a little bit.
                  Downloading now. Yeah, WTF did you do to your toe?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Listening to Marcus' tunes...damn, I need better speakers...crap for bass on these dumb things.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Listening to Marcus' tunes...damn, I need better speakers...crap for bass on these dumb things.
                      Drop in on your iPod Zoomie. I EQ'd it so it sounds great with your iPod EQ set to Electronic. Not too much bass like Hip Hop, but just enough.
                      Yeah, WTF did you do to your toe?
                      I banged the hell out of it on the bottom of our bed (it's wood) about 3:00 am Sunday morning. Went back to sleep. I forgot about it until I stepped out of bed and put weight on it. It got horribly black and purple yesterday and hurt like a mo-fo. Made me all gimpy too. WTF? Knowing me, I almost posted a pic but you know how I am about feet. I am going to have my ortho look at it today when I get my stitches pulled out, although I don't think there's much that can be done for a broken toe.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The new mix accompanied my 5-miler today on that indoor track. 60 laps of techno excellence.

The Greatest of All Time

The new mix accompanied my 5-miler today on that indoor track. 60 laps of techno excellence.
                          I hope it didn't take you 2 hours Tongue That's a long run mix.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I hope it didn't take you 2 hours Tongue That's a long run mix.
                            Heh. No, it was about 43 minutes. If I'm not mistaken, since that's a podcast, it should pick up where I left off next time, which is nice. I have it on my Shuffle (or rather, my wife's Shuffle). I also included some tracks from The Power And The Glory: The Original Music & Voices Of NFL Films. This is in case I want to pick up the pace a bit.

The Greatest of All Time

Heh. No, it was about 43 minutes. If I'm not mistaken, since that's a podcast, it should pick up where I left off next time, which is nice. I have it on my Shuffle (or rather, my wife's Shuffle). I also included some tracks from The Power And The Glory: The Original Music & Voices Of NFL Films.
                              Yeah it should pick right up, at least it does on my iPods. Whenever I need a push in a workout I always listen to old school rave trance which is usually spun around 133-135 beats per minute. As a comparison, my stuff is usually around 126. Huge difference. You can find decent trance on iTunes for free. When you get to about the last 4 songs on that new mix, it's trance as far as I am concerned. I just slowed it way down. You should be able to hear it too because the trance tracks are mixed much differently than the rest. You can't do long mixes playing trance or it sounds like all hell...too noisy.

Think Whirled Peas

'bout half way through it right now (listening whilst toiling away for the man, grrrr) and it's pretty right on, Marcus! I don't know shit about Techno, and figured I wouldn't go for it but that it deserved a listen. I must say, I've been impressed and have gotten caught (twice) by passers by doing the head bob. For a guy that listens to mostly hard stuff, that's saying something! Back to the grind...

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>