The beautiful persons club

Marcus -- RIP Richard Wright (Read 269 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I only aim this at Marcus because I know he is, like me, a major Pink Floyd fan. Sad on all the obvious levels, as well as the fact that now there is definitely no way PF will play at the Marcus/Globule 2016 Inauguration. For musicians of the classic rock era, first there were the early deaths, mostly attributable to the lifestyle (i.e. Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, Moon, Bonham, even Elivs). Then a long lull with relatively few deaths, as rockers got old, fat, and worked the state fair tour. And in my mind, George Harrison's death from cancer in 2001 is the marker from which we start to see mortality really catch up with the aging rockers, as they enter their 60's and start to slowly succumb the beginnings of old age. So that's what we have to look forward to -- more of our musical heroes dying off. Wow, I didn't really mean for this post to be so glum, but there you have it. Shine on Richard Wright. Wish You Were Here.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

I have been in deep mourning for two days now. Very sad.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Oh Mighty Wing

I am sorry for your and the world's loss!